View Single Post
Old 04-04-2007, 05:37 PM   #29

Hydra
3, 2, 1, Let's Jam

Send a message via MSN to Hydra Send a message via Yahoo to Hydra
Re: Cutting

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThroneofDravaris
Not entirely true. Cutting causes endorphins to be released in the brain which can result in brief bouts of euphoria, temporarily relieving mental anguish.
From a long term prospective though no, I doubt cutting is going to make someone feel better.
I'm going where he posts, just to bold the intellectual that he is. =O

And Kat, not to make you mad, but get a grip.

Life can't be so bad that you find satisfaction by cutting yourself to make the pain go away. For a LITTLE WHILE, at that. It's completely stupid. Everyone gets depressed, moody, and have those times where they just wish they could die. Solving the depression for the moment and not long-term isn't a good thing to do.

(INSERT ADAM AND ANDREW LYRICS HERE)

Sorry, I had to do it. <.<; ^.^;;

Anyway, yeah. If you don't have the mental ability to fully deal with the problem now, and not pleasuring your mentality pleasures for the moment, then were's the self-esteem you get from cutting yourself? It just makes you feel good about yourself because of the stimulation it gives you from the time you do it.

It doesn't feel that way a few hours later. Your cuts scab over, and EVERYONE notices. Then you feel the urge to do it over and over, and you're mentally ashamed of yourself that you can't stop. Of course, you CAN stop, it just feels to good to at the time of need.

I say lay off it. There's a lot of ways to relieve stress and depression besides physically cutting yourself, and doing a hell of a lot of damage to everything about you. Go get a squeeze doll! Punch something! Kill an animal! Okay, maybe not that last one. I don't care WHAT you do. As long as you feel happy afterwards, and it didn't include self-mutilation, it's the way to go.

In other words, this wraps up what most other people said. XD