View Single Post
Old 07-07-2005, 03:58 PM   #2

FFnut
Master Thief

Location: The space between dimensions... kinda like where Gilgamesh ends up in FF5.
Re: HELP!!! Game is going over my head.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bradmc
I beat FFVII and FFVIII and got absolutely everything, but FFX leaves me wondering. I am at the Sanctuary Keeper and my characters all suck. They have like 3000 hp and for the past month I've been reading strategies to beat certain bosses which I am at that involve spells such as Haste, Slow, etc. and I have no idea when my lazy characters are going to reach those spells on that annoying grid....

On top of all of that I am reading about things like Dark Matter, Celestial weapons, Dark Aeons, overdrives that do 99999 damage, and something called Zanmato. I heard about a Bribe ability and Rikku's mixes that cause 19998 damage that consist of items that I have never heard of. I heard about something known as Penance which involves all stats to be extremely high to beat. And it has twelve million HP. I also hear that these things may or may not be in my game... I am so confused... AND I AM ALMOST FINISHED WITH THE GAME! What is going on? Do I get a magic lightning bolt up my behind or something after I beat Sin that makes me invincible? Or do I have to designate a decade of my life to this cause?

Can anybody clue me into when these awesome rewards start to kick in, or a magical rock (or something) to look out for that might be lying on a path that turns me into a god? I wouldn't want to miss it.

CHEERS
There. Edited your post to make some semblance of sense.

First of all, if you don't have the International or PAL version, you're out of luck on Penance and the Dark Aeons. The celestial weapons are basically your characters' ultimate weapons, and you can't get those until you get the airship. Dark Matter is not required for almost anything. I don't think a single overdrive could possibly deal quintuple 9's without maxed stats and BDL, and Zanmato costs more gil than it's worth. Bribe is the one of the last abilities on Rikku's path on the grid, and Mixing two Underdog's Secrets gives you a Mix that deals precisely 19998 damage. Getting an Underdog's Secret? You get 99 by talking to Rin on the airship after completely learning Al Bhed and becoming an Al Bhed Sycdan.

Now, if you don't have Haste and you're up to the Sanctuary Keeper, you're seriously underpowered. I usually have at least Slow by Evrae (I know because my strategy involves using it) so you should have Hastega by now. Stop hiding behind your aeons and fight once in a while! Try levelling a bit if you're really that weak by now.

"Only an egotistical bastard would sig himself." ~ FFnut

That is not dead which can eternal lie
And with strange aeons even death may die.

Commander Of The Platinum Dragons

Official Ex-Member