View Single Post
Old 09-22-2007, 07:19 AM   #1

Phoenix Flame
Go Umbarbar do my bidding

Send a message via MSN to Phoenix Flame
Wisdom, the final frontier.

What is it? Who's got it? Where does it come from? How can you tell if you are wise - or do only the fools think they are?

'Time is nobody's fool.' Ironically, time reveals them everyday. Time strips our fascades away and leaves us shivering, maybe at times crying, wondering where we all went wrong. 'Learn from your mistakes,...' we're told, '...or learn from other's so you don't repeat them.' Perhaps this is the ultimate advice anyone could ever give.

Socrates motto was "Know thyself." ...and they killed him for it! Where are you at, where did you come from and where are you going, and how will you know when you've arrived??? If we are totally consumed by our desires - with what we lust/envy after in life, how will we feel when we actually obtain it? Fulfilled? Maybe for a little while - but then what happens? The new car in a year or two becomes an old car. The new computer which works post haste now will become outdated. The television sets our parents bought for hundreds or even thousands of dollars will be obsolete if they want to stay 'mainstream' soon.....where does it all end? Is consumerism an answer, or a disease?

...ok, I'm almost done.

Why are the people who have less (by the world's standards) generally more-thankful for what they DO have, while the man/woman who strives for wealth is always jealous of the next man's bill...and envious about it?!

'Vanity, vanity, all life is vanity, a chasing after the wind.' Yet if you don't write down and constantly move toward/dream up new goals for your life you'll be driven by whichever wind decides to blow on you. My brain hurts. >_< ._.''
You only get one shot at life. Follow your heart.
Phoenix Flame is offline   Reply With Quote