View Single Post
Old 06-16-2008, 01:40 AM   #28

Doctor
Highwind Captain

Send a message via AIM to Doctor
Re: Evil.

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackstar View Post
I see my opinion as truth in the fact that good and evil do not exist in reality. I never said I don't have personal values on what I consider good and evil. Because I do. But it is of personal invention and another's ideas of what is evil may be different so thus it is personal and on a wide scale is non existent. (Note if my wording makes no sense tell me and I will try to explain it better.
I understand what you're trying to get across.

I think you're saying that, since 'evil' is just a personal perception made by people, then it doesn't really exist. Sort of like time. Our concept of "It's noon" or "It's 8:30" just helps us keep track of ourselves, keep track of everything that goes on around us so that we don't feel too lost. (Though, long ago I'm pretty sure that people could tell what time of day it was, just by thinking, "It's time for dinner because the sun is almost behind the mountains/the ocean'whatever." XP ) And just like 'time', we use the terms 'good' or 'evil' to keep track of what kind of things you might want to steer clear of or not, depending on your personal feelings or whatever.

And I really like what you said, Hydra, about not really knowing whether we followed the right 'path' or not until after we're gone...and something else that I've asked often myself; why did God put us down here just so that we could obey His (or maybe Her) will? Why did he even bother giving us a free will? Well, that one's tough to answer. I still don't know it myself...but I don't think it's a question could answer right now. XP