View Single Post
Old 06-17-2006, 08:22 AM   #43
Zeromus_X
Master Summoner

Re: Absolute favorite RPG series other than Final Fantasy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hydra
O.o Don't you dare remind me. XD The true last boss of 8 is generally easy with the Dragon Soul ability. If you don't have that by that time, while most probably wont, it's a bit of trial and error on winning. All depends on what the opponent does. And how leveled/good you are. o.o
Yeah, if people feel like leveling to level 60 by then. (Generally at the late 30s by the end of most DQ games...usually.)

Quote:
Originally Posted by reasonimalive
If you can find III and IV in the series...those are the best IMO. I played the hell out of both of them growing up and had to repurchase them in adolesence. GREAT games! <Sighs.>
I adore III! I haven't gotten very far in IV, however. I miss the old school sound effects...well, at least they put in the orchestrated soundtrack for VIII. I hope the European release has the old-school SFX. (The attack one, the spell one, etc.)

I miss the days when you find the Hero's ultimate sword on the floor of the final dungeon..."So-and-so searched the ground...but found nothing." "So-and-so searched the ground...you obtained the Thunder Sword" *Item Discovery fanfare* xD

Last edited by Zeromus_X; 06-17-2006 at 08:25 AM.
Zeromus_X is offline   Reply With Quote