Thread: Chapter 2
View Single Post
Old 01-25-2010, 11:57 PM   #3

rissole25
Highwind Captain

Re: Chapter 2

Jayden couldn't sleep. He was thinking about what Kragen said.

So Sinistrals are this new force? And they will keep coming back as long as Iris lives

He got up and looked at the others. Nari always looked cold when she slept and tonight was no exception. Clief was snoring loud and Cato didn't even look like he was sleeping. He walked out onto the hotel balcony and looked into the sky. The stars twinkled at him from above since there were no clouds.

Jayden sighed and looked over to the east. The dark cloud had gotten bigger since they last saw it. He decided he would sleep outside tonight since he could not sleep inside. He got down onto the ground and tried to get to sleep. When he couldn't he started thinking again.

We have a long journey ahead of us. We'll soon have to meet our allies that Seri said we'd meet soon. I hope Clief recovers from his injuries soon. And what was with him talking to Nari tonight? He doesn't usually talk with her. Maybe he likes her.

And with that though it his mind, Jayden slowly drifted off to sleep.

The next morning, Jayden woke up from a barking dog. He got up and sneaked past his sleeping companions to go to the bathroom to wash his face. As he was doing so, he looked out the window facing east. The cloud was even bigger then before.

He went downstairs and ordered eggs for breakfast. As he looked for a table, he noticed Cato at a table in the back, drinking coffee and reading a newspaper. Jayden thought this was odd and went to sit with him.

"Oh hello Jayden", said Cato, turning a page in the newspaper. "Why are you up so early".

"Oh", said Jayden, eating his eggs. "I couldn't sleep so I just decided to have breakfast". He stared at Cato, trying to think of something to say. "Um Cato", he said. "How can you read a newspaper if your blind".

"Oh its a special ability I have", he said. "I just have to put my hand on any piece of writing and I can tell what it says. It could be on a wall or a book. If I can put my hands on it, I can read it".

"Oh...", said Jayden. "Pretty handy ability. Get it. Handy". Jayden realized it was not a funny joke.

"Is something on your mind", asked Cato.

"Yea", he said. "It...it's just that I'm starting to get overwhelmed by what we have to do. I mean, we have to save our planet. I'm just wondering whether I can do this or not".

"Well", said Cato, putting his paper down. "You just need take things slowly for a while. The tournament took a toll on you and Clief. Just don't be getting into big situations for a while and you should be fine".

"Okay", said Jayden. He continued eating his eggs, wondering if he could that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rissole25 View Post
My 1000th post was about you Leon

Last edited by rissole25; 01-26-2010 at 12:23 AM.
rissole25 is offline   Reply With Quote