View Single Post
Old 02-02-2008, 09:04 AM   #7

Phoenix Flame
Go Umbarbar do my bidding

Send a message via MSN to Phoenix Flame
Re: Ask about...God?! ?_?

God is slow to anger and is longsuffering with patience BECAUSE he loves us. He COULD wipe out all the 'evil' people in the world...but that would be all of us. 0.0! More on this topic can be found by reading the book of Romans in the New Testament...and with the help of the Holy Spirit. But there is (at least) one more reason why God doesn't ACT and do-away with all of the wrong that is in the world. His love is made perfect when we love others - remember?

Going back to 1 John 4:11 - Dear friends, since God so loved us, we also ought to love one another. 12No one has ever seen God; but if we love one another, God lives in us and his love is made complete in us.

I'm sure you've probably heard the old hymn: 'Amazing Grace'....you know? 'Amazing grace! How sweet the sound that saved a wretch like meeeeeeeeee' XD; Well, what you probably didn't know is that the man who wrote that song was a slave trader - a bottom-feeder. Prior to having a relationship with God through Jesus Christ his life was a mess. But afterwards, John Newton's life radically changed directions. It took him a while to understand having a relationship with God was really all about - but the once-slave-trader-turned-abolitionist and missionary turned his life around and let many people to a relationship with God. He's left behind a legacy, along with his hymn 'Amazing Grace,' that serves to give hope and bless countless people around the world. Another individual we could point to would have been/is Mother Theresa. She touched millions of people - starving, destitute, broken and hurting from around the world. In an interview - she once said that she received all her compassion from her 'lover' Jesus Christ - whom she felt blessed and honored to know.

*sighs deeply*

.__., I hope that helps to answer that question. The 'miracle' you're looking for is all around you. The miracle of the gift of a more-abundant life - eternal life. The miracle of a new day, a new chance to change your life and repent and lead a life honoring and pleasing to God. We all need to be reminded daily that He is for us, not against us - that is unless you don't know Him.

Revelation 3
19Those whom I love I rebuke and discipline. So be earnest, and repent. 20Here I am! I stand at the door and knock. If anyone hears my voice and opens the door, I will come in and eat with him, and he with me. 21To him who overcomes, I will give the right to sit with me on my throne, just as I overcame and sat down with my Father on his throne.
You only get one shot at life. Follow your heart.
Phoenix Flame is offline   Reply With Quote