View Single Post
Old 02-04-2008, 10:04 AM   #11

kb-sama
Master Summoner

Send a message via AIM to kb-sama
Re: Ask about...God?! ?_?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doctor View Post
Not sure just how the bible is racist myself--unless you count some of the black people that may have been slaves back then. Back then, though, people of any color were slaves--there were slaves and servants left and right. Gyah, I don't know what I'm trying to say, here. Although, I do agree that the bible is intolerant of anything that does not agree with what is written in itself. After all, the bible was written for CHRISTIANS, and anyone who solely believes in God and that Jesus is the messiah. Any other religion is therefore rejected and shunned and 'damned,' or whatever you want to say..

So God lets us suffer because we brought things like original sin upon ourselves, so not everyone deserves to be saved? That's the answer that I gathered.

One thing I might understand more is that God's love, apparently, comes through our own good actions, our own love and kindness. Am I wrong?

So in the end, it's really up to ourselves to end the suffering in this world?

I consistently question these things because I'm a rebel--God, to a lot of people, is somewhat of an authority figure, and I can't help but try to test and question any kind of authority. I don't believe in being bossed around, and most rules seem like a punishment to me. (Even though there are some good ones. XP )

Which brings up my next question; why should we believe that God has any authority over us? Sure, he may have made us, but he made us with hearts and minds, and gave us the gift, the ability, to think for ourselves and to live out our lives as we want. So why should we listen to him? Why would he give us these gifts if he wanted us to do what he says we should do?

Ugh....this topic makes my head hurt....

"I Have No Idea Whats Go'in on"
kb-sama is offline   Reply With Quote