Forums | RPG | Guild

Go Back   Final Fantasy Network > Final Fantasy Discussion > Final Fantasy VII
Community Mark Forums Read

Final Fantasy VII The Legendary Final Fantasy! Come talk about this classic Hit from 1997

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 05-29-2006, 07:54 PM   #1

Tiny Bronco
No Scoped

Is Vincent Immortal?

In the FF7 manual it says Vincent is 27 years old. However, I remembered that Sephiroth was at least 21 years old. This wouldn't usually matter except that Vincent was a Turk at the time Sephiroth was born! So this means that Vincent would have to be 6 years old when Sephiroth was born!!! Now I don't think Shinra would make a 6 Year old a Turk. At first I assumed that after Hojo shot Vincent and then used him as an expeirement Hojo simply put Vincent to sleep in the coffin and this stopped Vincent from ageing. Thus Vincent is really older than 27, but he was 27 when he was shot, turned into a monster, and put to sleep. What this means is that Vincent was 27 years old when Sephiroth was born. BUT, he was in a drugged sleep for 21 years while Sephiroth grew up and then Cloud woke him up. So Vincnet is physically 27 years old yet he has exsisted for 48 years. This is how I first explained Vincents age. Then along comes Advent Children and in the AC mannual thing it states that Vincent is still 27 years old even though AC happens 2 years after FF7's original events! Okay so now Vincent hasn't aged in 2 years of saving the planet and 21 years of sleep.
Now I think that when Hojo first opperated on Vincent, not only did he make him into a monster, but he somehow(by accident I think) either slowed down Vincent's ageing proccess a lot or made him so that he doesn't age! So I credit Hojo with being the first FF scientist to discover the fountain of youth.

Does anyone have any comments or questions about this. Or am I missing something in the plot that could explain this? Please post.

Last edited by Tiny Bronco; 05-29-2006 at 07:57 PM.
Tiny Bronco is offline   Reply With Quote