Forums | RPG | Guild

Go Back   Final Fantasy Network > General > Off-Topic
Community Mark Forums Read

Off-Topic All things related to anything that doesn’t have to do with Final Fantasy should be posted here. (Keep it clean or be banned.)

Old 02-09-2006, 11:01 PM   #61
Zeromus_X
Master Summoner

Re: the rpg journal

yay! i beat the game in galaxy. now, i will try the secret dungeons. i've only gotten past the first level in the maze of tribulations, i definitely need to train more. (my characters are still in their 60s..) fighting lucifer used up alot of my berries...
Zeromus_X is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2006, 07:37 PM   #62

Tiny Bronco
No Scoped

Re: the rpg journal

I got a blue chocobo in FF7! Speed = 116.
Tiny Bronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2006, 03:42 AM   #63
Zeromus_X
Master Summoner

Re: The (new and improved!) RPG Journal!

Yeah, I know, no updates for awhile. I moved the thread to Off-Topic, since it's not really an RP-Story.

Anyway, I'm at the end of Kingdom Hearts II. I don't want to finish it, I'm afraid of what the ending will be like! (Even if the final dungeon is really cool lookin'.) I guess I'll just die trying to beat Sephiroth...about sixty more times.

Seriously. 15 Health Bars?

Well actually, here's a Holystar video of someone beating Sephiroth:

You know I'm 'Burning Inside with Violent Anger".

I hate Filefront too.
Old 04-09-2006, 05:26 AM   #64

Lucavi86
Moogle Farmer

Send a message via Yahoo to Lucavi86

I got farther in FF4 yesterday :P other than that I've had to work

Which FF Character Are You?
Lucavi86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2006, 03:41 AM   #65
Zeromus_X
Master Summoner

*Uses Fresh Sage on thread*

This must be my...fifth? time through Star Ocean: Till the End of Time. Unfortunately, I'm too much of a wimp to play on Universe mode, but Galaxy doesn't seem all that difficult. =/ Ah well. I've been collecting all the 'Beat so-and-so in one minute/ w/o taking damage' trophies as well as others I just got on accident. Up to 50% in the BTs! I now have 3P costumes, though the only worthwhile one is Fate's that looks like Claude. Other than that...I prefer the 2P costumes I've gotten.

I beat Sephiroth a long time ago, and played a new game on Proud Mode. I want to try and beat Sephiroth at the lowest level possible on Proud Mode when I get to him, though I'm all burned out on KHII as it is. Maybe I'll pick it up again some other time.

Although, in good news, money! I'm going to try to get Valkyrie Profile, and if I have enough, Star Ocean: The Second Story. I'll be able to die happily then. :P

Edit: How the hell do I beat the rocket freak and the guy with purple lip gloss in under a minute...ugh. I even have Dimension Door already.
Old 05-30-2006, 01:48 AM   #66
Zeromus_X
Master Summoner

Yay! Now have all the main-game 1 minute/w/o damage trophies. Now I'm in Sphere Company again, and I'm going to get the no damage/defeat in 10 minutes Lenneth trophy. (I love Blazing Pendant.)

Finished Valkyrie Profile. Now I have to beat Iseria Queen like three more times to get the Angel Slayer, and collect the funny Books of Riddles.

"You are still doing this? Unlike Star Ocean, you can only get to Level 99..."

"I can't wait for Dragon Quest VII to come out..."

"You've beaten the game four times? You really must find something else to do.."

Unfortunately, I must beat the game yet again to get the A Ending, and max out my characters, etc, then we should be done with Valkyrie Profile.

Hmm..I should totally get Star Ocean: The Second Story and try beating the final boss without the Limiter thingy on. (I hear he's the ultimate challenge, that way.)

I love tri-Ace.
Old 05-31-2006, 06:21 PM   #67

ShadowHeart
Master Summoner

Send a message via MSN to ShadowHeart

Hm, well I haven't tried the super bosses of Star Ocean 3, but I can personally vouch for that Indalecio Limiter Off and Iselia Queen in Star Ocean 2 are very very very difficult. On Earth mode. There is an easier version of Iselia Queen that you face at the end of the Cave of Trials who only has 1 million HP and doesn't hit as hard, I've beaten that, but I fall short on the real Iselia Queen and Indalecio Limiter Off. I haven't really tried that hard to beat them, only ever leveled as high as levels ~180 or so, I guess I'm too scared to try my best and then fail

On a side note, I did beat Indalecio Limiter Off and Iselia Queen on Universe mode... but that was of course using the Bloody Armor trick (you wont take any damage from enemies while wearing them, but your life is sucked out fast, you need to heal constantly), so it doesn't count. It was just for a laugh
Memories will fade
ShadowHeart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2006, 09:02 PM   #68
Zeromus_X
Master Summoner

Yay! You replied. And I was wondering about that Bloody Armour, you mentioned it a long time ago. I'm so glad SO2 isn't very expensive, I need to get a copy too.

And you should give the SO3 optionals a shot someday Shadow! (Eek, alliteration.) They'll definitely give you a run for your money, well, without tricks. (Which...seems alot like your trick for SO2.) There's even the spiffy essentially 111 floor bonus dungeon, along with the standard 'Cave of Trials' dungeon. And a dungeon put in the Director's Cut (which english versions of the game pretty much are), which has a special colour puzzle and bosses depending on the ending you get. It's really quite fun, and challenging.

Chibi Lenneth = cuteness.
Old 06-03-2006, 03:58 PM   #69

Tiny Bronco
No Scoped

Well. I just entered the Northern Crater to get the goodies down there. And some Magic Pots! Now I'm half way through it and I've gone up 8 levels and almost all of my equiped materia has gained a star! Emerald'll be easy after this!

Also I found a "new materia" meaning one that I didn't know exsisted. Its a Counter Materia except it is not a purple materia. It's blue! It lets you counter with anything so now If something attacks me I hit back with a Bahamut Zero automatically! I've never found it before because its hidden in a very stricky spot. In the room where you get W-Magic there is a bright light in the center. Walk around until you get to the South edge of the light and hit circle. Now you have a very cool counter materia.

Last edited by Tiny Bronco; 06-11-2006 at 10:40 AM.
Tiny Bronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2006, 04:16 PM   #70

Spiff
Kung-Fu Fighter

Send a message via AIM to Spiff Send a message via MSN to Spiff

The only RPG I've played recently was on FFnet.
Old 06-05-2006, 06:14 PM   #71
Zeromus_X
Master Summoner

Yay! Well, now that we ordered SO2, and found Final Fantasy Tactics (albeit in a cracked case), we should be busy. Still haven't gotten to Lenneth again yet. But I saved over the file with the Metal Pipe. xD I was just too lazy to go beat up Albel eight more times I suppose. (And the refining...ugh.) Next game's team: Maria/Nel/Peppita or maybe Roger. I never use Souffle or Roger, and I want to try out different teams. (I'll probably never use Adray though. Anyone slower than Maria when they have Bunny Shoes on isn't worth using. ><; )

Yay! I love Hamedo.
Old 06-09-2006, 08:14 PM   #72
Zeromus_X
Master Summoner

Yay again! It's here! I've been playing it non-stop, and other than the rather annoying voice-acting*, it's very fun. *Gets Ashton*

*Tear into Pieces!! 0_O;
Old 06-10-2006, 05:10 PM   #73

ShadowHeart
Master Summoner

Send a message via MSN to ShadowHeart

Heh, yeah the voice acting can be pretty damn poor at times (and downright annoying in some cases, like with Precis..), but it didn't bother me too much. At least it's only in the battles, and not in all dialogue
Memories will fade
ShadowHeart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2006, 08:52 PM   #74
Zeromus_X
Master Summoner

Seeing as I just got stuck in a dungeon anyway...*tries to get Precis*

Strangely, and annoying "I'm 17 but I sound like a five-year old" anime stereotype doesn't bug me as much as the others.

Ashton sounds okay...but he sounds kinda like Luke Skywalker sometimes. (I don't know either.)

Rena: see above.

Bowman: Ew.

Claude: Meh. He sounds downright retarded sometimes, but I can live with it.

Precis: Yet to be heard. Will prepare for the worst.

Leon: Huh? Do all Kitty spellcasters sound like robots?

Chisato: I look forward to her voice. ("And that's how the monsters ceased to exist!" xD)

Opera and Ernest: Apparently I can't get them in this playthrough. It was worth it, I mean, it's Ashton!

Noel: Don't have him yet. But he's also a kitty! I think...

Celine: Heh, this one is actually alright. Although you'd think she's sound like some New-Yorker or something ("Darling!"). Some of her spells get repetitive when cast every two seconds. (Disables all but Energy Arrow)

Dias: I think I have to choose Rena to get him, but from what I heard, he sounds all right.

Which reminds me...

"Thank you. You were more than I expected."

"But you killed me in three successive attacks!"

"Maybe we will see eachother again..."

"Were you even listening?!"

I think that's all the main characters...I think.

Still, I won't let the annoying voice acting get in the way of enjoying the game, even if I just figured out how to invent items yesterday. (_L_; ) Heh, and this funny bug where I kept jumping through the battle field over and over again. xD Luckily, I just waited and it stopped. That was weird.
Old 06-11-2006, 05:56 PM   #75
Zeromus_X
Master Summoner

You see kids, Chisato is so powerful, she knows a style of martial arts that doesn't even exist on her planet! Amazing!

I had to restart from my Eluria Tower save to continue, because I got stuck on the Field of Power. (Not doing that again until later...) My ATK sucked and was barely over 1000, so there just wasn't a way to win. (Ran out of healing items, etc...)

So...gonna level up more! *gets Noel and Chisato again*

I'm also never letting Chisato run out of MP....*shudders* But wow, her KM's hit alot. 0_o;