Forums | RPG | Guild

Go Back   Final Fantasy Network > General > Serious Discussion and Debates
Community Mark Forums Read

Serious Discussion and Debates For serious subjects. Curent events, news, religion, politics and science. As this is a debate forum posts in here MUST HAVE at least 20 words and be relevent to the discussion.

View Poll Results: Do you think gays should be able to marry?
Yes 24 82.76%
No 5 17.24%
Voters: 29. You may not vote on this poll

Old 05-03-2007, 12:30 PM   #76

Gackt Camui
Master Summoner

Send a message via MSN to Gackt Camui Send a message via Yahoo to Gackt Camui
Re: Same Sex Marrige

Thats okay and I totally get what you are saying. And you're right obviously people are not all gay and bi. I just wish the people that don't like it could maybe open up their eyes once in awhile and see these people are human beings too and they deserve the same amount of repsect just like the rest of us do.
Old 05-04-2007, 07:29 PM   #77

Fawkes Lament
Watermelon fruitcake

This is a bit of a personal interest for me, seeing as my sister is bi. She is in love with her girlfriend through and through, plain and simple. They plan to get married, and I have no objections.

Also, a LOT of people think that my brother (See Avathar's Avatar for details) is bi. He's not, and he's really cool about it. I don't mind that people think it, and it'd be cool if he did go bi in the future.

SO yes, same sex marriage should be allowed. It's an expression of love.

Yay, I broke 500
Fawkes Lament is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2007, 07:33 PM   #78

Gackt Camui
Master Summoner

Yeah I know. It seems like we all agree on the samething.
Old 05-05-2007, 02:36 PM   #79

Fawkes Lament
Watermelon fruitcake

And most of the people who vote against it is because of their religion.

Yay, I broke 500
Fawkes Lament is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2007, 10:41 AM   #80

blackstar
Headbanger For Life

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gackt Camui
Thats okay and I totally get what you are saying. And you're right obviously people are not all gay and bi. I just wish the people that don't like it could maybe open up their eyes once in awhile and see these people are human beings too and they deserve the same amount of repsect just like the rest of us do.
Hell Yeah ;res thats what alot of people in this world need to learn a little simple ;res

and to Fawkes thats one reason why religion sickens me.
blackstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2007, 04:18 PM   #81

Gackt Camui
Master Summoner

I don't have a set religion. I have my beliefs don't get me wrong. But I don't come out and say, "yes I am this or yes I am that." Because I don't like either, for one of those reasons that they are against gays and bi's and I find it pathetic. You know they say god loved everybody...but then you have these people saying its wrong, thats not what god wanted us to be. So you gotta question...
Old 05-08-2007, 10:46 AM   #82

blackstar
Headbanger For Life

Ask questions to everything and be critical/reflected in both ways. And never supress youself if you don't like who you really are. Stay true to yourself. You will not find your true to life written down in a BOOK!!!! -Mustis of Dimmu Borgir
As I said in the good advice thread but i beleive it applies to what you just said.
Old 05-08-2007, 12:51 PM   #83

Gackt Camui
Master Summoner

Yeah it totally does! Have you guys ever seen Borat? Where he's talking to that old man and they are talking about gays...and "Borat" says they are trying to get them hanged in his country, and the old man, who is american said the samething is happening here! That shows you how pathetic people that are against homosexual are.
Old 05-10-2007, 11:30 AM   #84

blackstar
Headbanger For Life

Thats sad very very sad i have a few good friends who are gay. My myself im bi and one of my dearst friends ive ever had is a lesbian. So its personal for me too.
Old 05-10-2007, 10:57 PM   #85

Darkreno
Gunblade Expert

hmmmm? this is a very sensitive debate . me n marius were kinda wondering when 2 approach this thread . cuz well she's bi curious as well. well its better i explain she has been struggling with D.I.D(dissociave identity disorder) since she was 14.do to a terrible car accident n head injury she's 28 now, n to make a longer story short. her alter self prefers women over men. it never bothered me we've known each other 3 years b4 we innitially hooked up 3 year ago. like i said in another thread i loved her the first day i saw her. n yes we r not legaly married cuz a certain ex-lover spread wrong gossip 2 churches in town so we don get married n he used her sexual preference 2 make it work. n we don care what people think we love each other n we don need a piece of paper or no religious approval 2 remind us or tell us how we truly feel for one another. marius' alter self is dormant from what her therapists said. n marius is strong n loving , n im proud of her no matter what straight or bi, short or tall, fat or skinny ,herself or not. she's my soulmate n i cherish n thank god everyday im with her. now don get me wrong even though we're going through all the crap her ex has put us through we both have not stopped believing in god. 4 it is only 4 him 2 judge us no one else. so there u have my opinion love is free n people who love eachother should be able 2 marry wether they're gay or straight. ;a04

Last edited by darkreno; 05-10-2007 at 11:02 PM. Reason: mispell
Darkreno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2007, 01:58 AM   #86

Marius
Highwind Captain

Send a message via ICQ to Marius Send a message via AIM to Marius Send a message via MSN to Marius Send a message via Yahoo to Marius

thankx D.R , i find myself saying that 2 u a lot as of lately. well yes everything he said is true n all. i must also input everyone else that i have no regrets.im the kind of person who follows my heart no matter what gender. love is a beautiful thing thats not always easy 2 find. n u never really kno where ur heart may lead u in the future. it takes a lot 2 really kno when u finally find ur true hearts desire. it took a very patient n kind heart like D.R's 4 me to truly see its ok 2 b who i am. so with that i leave saying i believe everyone should b able to marry who they truly love no matter what gender. unfortunetly some of us don't have that right gay or not.
Old 05-14-2007, 10:16 AM   #87

blackstar
Headbanger For Life

WOW amazing story. Honestly very inspireing but said again to make a very valid point that people can use peoples sexual prefrence against them and it works its very sad really.
Old 05-25-2007, 07:35 PM   #88

Gackt Camui
Master Summoner

It is sad. I don't put up with it when I hear it. I give my own dad hell when he starts in.
Old 05-28-2007, 08:19 PM   #89

forever yours
Moogle Farmer

I really don't know. It dosen't matter so far as marriage goes, but what happens when the couple want a child. yeah they could adopt one, but think of the childs future. 1. he/she could and prolly will be picked on in school about having two dads/moms. 2. When the child sees that almost everyone elses parents are a straight couple dad/mom, the child will prolly wonder what is wrong with his parents. But, the child may just take the cool route and be like, "yeah i'm so special that i have two daddies!, none of you guys have that!" But as far as gay marriage goes, i don't really have anything against it. But at the same time i do. did i make any sense???
Old 05-30-2007, 02:59 AM   #90

Darkreno
Gunblade Expert

nope . u confused me a bit there hon. i don think gay couples would b bad parents at all. not saying that u said that of corse.its just sad to see straight couples who have kids be more likely the ones to bail on them. ya kno.
Darkreno is offline   Reply With Quote