Forums | RPG | Guild

Go Back   Final Fantasy Network > FFNET's Clubhouse > Feedback and Suggestions
Community Mark Forums Read

Feedback and Suggestions Have Questions, comments, suggestions, or Need Help? Post them here, we value your opinion.

Old 07-29-2006, 06:09 AM   #1

Da Chink
Highwind Pilot

Send a message via AIM to Da Chink Send a message via Yahoo to Da Chink
Requesting a Subforum...for Spamtastic

I believe that this site limits the freedom of its users a bit TOO strictly, and that they seldom get to truely express their feelings. I have noticed that this site is VERY strict with the language and crude comments and that it throw sum new members off the site, so in that case i suggest that we provide a subforum to eleviate that part of the forums...i know that allowing sum ppl to use vulgar comments and abusive language may sound barbaric...but i see it as sumwhat of a waygate to an addition to the site. and of course there is still spam possibilities for such, but in a forum like this OVERLY excessive use of vulgarity and abusiveness should be rewarded with warns or banning from the site. I see this as a good idea. if u have any questions or feedback on this please get back to me so i can answer or allow more of my input on this topic.
Old 07-29-2006, 06:24 AM   #2

Arkacia
Gunblade Expert

Re: Requesting a Subforum...for Spamtastic

I'm not sure exactly what you mean by this. Are you asking for a forum where members are allowed to swear and abuse each other?

If so, sorry but the answer to that is no.

The spam I don't have a problem with giving its own area because it is just nonsense posting and won't offend or upset anyone, but members using foul language and/or abusing each other will never be allowed on any part of this forum, as that will offend and upset people.

We try to keep a friendly atmosphere here that welcomes everyone. We also have more than a few young members who's parents will probably object strongly to allowing them to paticipate on a forum that allows that.

I think more new members would be scared away by insults, abuse and vulgarities than there ever will be by strict rules against such. I don't see why this forum needs to change its rules to accomidate a few new members who can't control their temper and/or watch their language.

Again, sorry but no. There are plenty of forums around that have no or very few rules, this isn't one of them .
Old 07-29-2006, 06:50 AM   #3

Da Chink
Highwind Pilot

Not asking for a forum and/or subforum that blatently is used only to abuse others...im saying when ppl make posts...they are limited to what they can say due to the language restriction. I have been caught once or twice saying sumthing that naturally comes out of me and has been edited by a mod b/c it was mistaken as blatent vulgarity. I see the subforum for spamtastic being more as a general chat kinda thing where your opinions wont be limited by the restriction of language. Yes i do know that the forum holds many member in the moderate age we like to consider pre-teen, but also i say that since we do have such members as that maybe we should establish a warning/suspension system for those who are just posting there to be blowhards.
Old 07-29-2006, 07:08 AM   #4

Arkacia
Gunblade Expert

Still not sure I understand what you are getting at. I'm a bit slow today, been up since the crack of dawn and am very tired .

Do you just want us to ease off if people use mild vulgarities/bad language and not police the spam forum for that as strictly as we do the rest of the forum?
Old 07-29-2006, 02:12 PM   #5

Hydra
3, 2, 1, Let's Jam

Send a message via MSN to Hydra Send a message via Yahoo to Hydra

I think he's stating a subforum where you can say basically any word without the moderators/administrators getting mad. IE, the F word, and others. Right? I think that's what he's talking about. All I could collect from reading anyway, lol. And I don't think it's a good idea. Imagine the flaming there, once someone says something about someone.
Old 07-29-2006, 05:02 PM   #6

Da Chink
Highwind Pilot

ok...i want a completely Speak Easy Forum that doesnt get the spam police on it 24/7 even possibly a protected forum to restrict who can give warnings of change text IF it is completely ridiculous and grotesquely stupid...but i would think of it more as a Gen Chat kinda subforum not a Flame Room :-/
Old 07-29-2006, 06:00 PM   #7

Hydra
3, 2, 1, Let's Jam

Quote:
Originally Posted by Da Chink
ok...i want a completely Speak Easy Forum that doesnt get the spam police on it 24/7 even possibly a protected forum to restrict who can give warnings of change text IF it is completely ridiculous and grotesquely stupid...but i would think of it more as a Gen Chat kinda subforum not a Flame Room :-/
You mean the Spamtastic forum we already have? From what you posted before, you want a subforum where you can post everything and anything, without having the authority on your back about it all the time. That's a bit what the Spam forum was made for. Enhancing it more than that might be..a little..well.. bad. In my opinion, of course. Just don't want to see a flaming cursing out session that may happen when immature members join. Cause that's bad. :P
Old 07-29-2006, 07:10 PM   #8

Da Chink
Highwind Pilot

Well if thats the case then possibly jus make it a trial Forum for some time and if it happens to get too out of hand, Destroy it.
Old 07-29-2006, 09:06 PM   #9

Hydra
3, 2, 1, Let's Jam

lol, I don't see any good of it, but if we all agree, we might try it and see how it goes out. I dunno.
Old 07-29-2006, 10:49 PM   #10

Da Chink
Highwind Pilot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hydra
lol, I don't see any good of it, but if we all agree, we might try it and see how it goes out. I dunno.
I like the sound of that
but seriously i hope that ppl wont ruin the opportunity for the subforum to flourish with ridiculous flaming and useless spam like "vjkahljrtg395kjahg"
Old 07-30-2006, 08:19 AM   #11

Arkacia
Gunblade Expert

The spam forum is for just that, spam. Any kind of spam. There is no rule against spam within that forum at all. That is what it is set up for .

The other forum rules, such as bad language, trolling and flameing do still apply, and that sort of thing will still be jumped on by the mods/admins in spamtastic, as it is in the rest of the forum.

Basically, people can post any sort of rubbish they want in spamtastic, and nothing will be deleted, closed or edited, unless it breaks any rule except the spam rule. In that forum, and only in that forum, there is no spam rule to break, and that means posts like "vjkahljrtg395kjahg" are ok and won't be interfered with .

The spammy type of games threads I closed recently in forum games can also be restarted in that forum if anyone wants to.
Old 07-31-2006, 01:02 PM   #12

Hydra
3, 2, 1, Let's Jam

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arkacia
The spam forum is for just that, spam. Any kind of spam. There is no rule against spam within that forum at all. That is what it is set up for .

The other forum rules, such as bad language, trolling and flameing do still apply, and that sort of thing will still be jumped on by the mods/admins in spamtastic, as it is in the rest of the forum.

Basically, people can post any sort of rubbish they want in spamtastic, and nothing will be deleted, closed or edited, unless it breaks any rule except the spam rule. In that forum, and only in that forum, there is no spam rule to break, and that means posts like "vjkahljrtg395kjahg" are ok and won't be interfered with .

The spammy type of games threads I closed recently in forum games can also be restarted in that forum if anyone wants to.
He just wants that part. Well, minus the trolling and flaming. I think he just wants the "bad language" part of it. I, personally support it, but I really don't see any good of it. Besides being able to say them, of course.

Edit:A forum where no mods or admins can punish you for what you say. I THINK that's also what he's saying, and that goes hand in hand with the others. He's going to have to explain, I rarely get things anyway. :P
Old 08-12-2006, 04:33 PM   #13

Avathar
"GET YOUR NAILS DONE!!"

Send a message via AIM to Avathar Send a message via MSN to Avathar Send a message via Yahoo to Avathar Send a message via Skype™ to Avathar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hydra
He just wants that part. Well, minus the trolling and flaming. I think he just wants the "bad language" part of it. I, personally support it, but I really don't see any good of it. Besides being able to say them, of course.

Edit:A forum where no mods or admins can punish you for what you say. I THINK that's also what he's saying, and that goes hand in hand with the others. He's going to have to explain, I rarely get things anyway. :P
Heh, the other day I noticed Zeromus editing a post Spec3 made in the FFNWC, an edit because he was saying something too offensive? Lol, it's spam! It doesn't bother me, even if it was a thread that I started, for me it doesn't matter what's posted in the Spam Section. ;D

But so far so good, many hilarious things have proven to be found there. ^^

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luis
Now, contemplate the tuttifrutti powahs in my avatar!
MWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHA!!!!
Last.fm YouTube DeviantArt Last.FM TheShrine DinoButt
Avathar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2006, 04:38 PM   #14
Slider
Master Summoner

I don't think that anything needs to be done in a place where people just "goof-off!"
Well not unless it can cause serious lawsuits! >:-)
Slider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2006, 04:39 PM   #15

Avathar
"GET YOUR NAILS DONE!!"

Send a message via AIM to Avathar Send a message via MSN to Avathar Send a message via Yahoo to Avathar Send a message via Skype™ to Avathar

Yeah, let's just have a wonderful time. ^^ *

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luis
Now, contemplate the tuttifrutti powahs in my avatar!
MWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHA!!!!
Last.fm YouTube DeviantArt Last.FM TheShrine DinoButt
Avathar is offline   Reply With Quote