Forums | RPG | Guild

Go Back   Final Fantasy Network > FF Net > FFNET Announcements
Community Mark Forums Read

FFNET Announcements FFNET Staff members will make announcements in here periodically, so check back often.

Old 10-20-2006, 07:11 PM   #1

Arkacia
Gunblade Expert

Emails.

I've just banned the following email addresses to try to slow down the large amount of advertising spam we have been copping lately. I don't think any of our normal members would be using them, but if anyone has problems because of this, or knows someone else who is, please let me know.

@5crafts.com @mail.ru @gawab.com @bluevendor.com @getamusic.com @burnacouplemore.com
Old 10-21-2006, 07:22 PM   #2
Slider
Master Summoner

Re: Emails.

In my previous forums they make a thread (for moderator/administrator only to post in) and a Black List with the banned members names, as well as removing those absent for more than 3 month for inactivity if it would help
Slider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2006, 04:35 PM   #3

Arkacia
Gunblade Expert

I don't like the idea of removing inactive members. There are more than a few people here who pop in now and then, and deleting their accounts would be like punishing them for having real lives, school, work, family ect. Not fair in my book.

I do have a thread up somewhere (too early to think at the moment ) where I did make public the names of those I have banned in the past. Don't see the point of adding all these advertisers though. They are just one post fly by spammers who probably would never return under that name. That is why I'm concentrating on ips and emails instead.
Old 10-24-2006, 03:01 PM   #4

John Smith
~Wizard~

Send a message via MSN to John Smith Send a message via Yahoo to John Smith Send a message via Skype™ to John Smith

That thread is located in Feedback and Suggestions, at the bottom of the Forum Homepage

Click here to read Dragon Ball Multiverse! Includes several languages! =D
John Smith is offline   Reply With Quote