Forums | RPG | Guild

Go Back   Final Fantasy Network > Final Fantasy Discussion > Final Fantasy VIII
Community Mark Forums Read

Final Fantasy VIII Bring back the memories of the great adventure of a Man and his Gun.... Blade

Old 03-17-2010, 04:29 PM   #121

TherathxRikku
Super Moderator

Send a message via Skype™ to TherathxRikku
Re: Final Fantasy VIII Now on NA PSN!

I'll get a walkthrough to be safe.

Quote:
Originally Posted by clief101_ View Post
You've dun alot for this forum and tried to keep it going as best as u can, and even though ur comp crashed ur still posting through ur PSP. That shows commitment to this site and thanx Therath!!

Stick around and watch this sight grow, become a veteran and then show the newbies how its dun!!
TherathxRikku is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2010, 05:40 PM   #122

Leon
Lugeo Spiritus

well as long as this is bout 8, might as wel make a general topic instead of tha long gone question in the first page;

..u guyz oughta try playin in defensive mode, u'd be surprised how well you'd hold up against most kinds of monsters n bosses

jus change ur junction priorities n try it
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shaggy View Post
This forum will never end. I has gone through some rough times lately, but it will never be shut down!!
Leon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2010, 05:15 AM   #123

rissole25
Highwind Captain

So junction Ultima to defense instead of strength?

Quote:
Originally Posted by rissole25 View Post
My 1000th post was about you Leon
rissole25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2010, 08:07 AM   #124

Gumdrop
Highwind Pilot

I think I used to put Ultima under my ST-A/D because then with enough of other spells you can absorb magics. Thing with 8 though is a lot of bosses carry their own weakness to be drawn or at least something that will help you out tons so its never that hard.
Gumdrop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2010, 09:57 AM   #125

Leon
Lugeo Spiritus

hands down that the bosses with the constant lvls are the easier ones, unlike some others who match your level no matter how high it gets; in a way it makes sense to vary between both cases (some fights are easy if you've trained hard enough, but some are still tough no matter what) yet the ones with the constant lvls keep havin higher lvls as you get through each one so they get tougher too til teh end eventually

an i never was able to get 100 ultimas, but i always junctioned it to stat def; i had great other substitutes for strength (like triple.. i think). don't remember ultima's exact effect but it was HUGE, and affected all elements; so with a little flare and stuff you'd do great against elemental attacks

besides, str was never an issue to me cause i always had tactics either by magic (zombie->cure) status (playin wit stop, death, slow, etc..) or even regular stats with meltdown (on them) and mad rush (secret tip: berserk increases strength ;P); i even got some weaker tactics that involve (pain + haste) and so.. hehe m not an amateur anymorez
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shaggy View Post
This forum will never end. I has gone through some rough times lately, but it will never be shut down!!

Last edited by Leon; 03-22-2010 at 09:59 AM.
Leon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2010, 04:38 AM   #126

rissole25
Highwind Captain

Hehe I got 100 Ultima's very easy by the time I had the Ragnorak. I just kept going to the islands closest to heaven and hell and there's about 3 Hidden Ultima Draw points on each island. Also the earliest you can get it I think is in Mayor Dobes house upstairs in FH

Quote:
Old 03-30-2010, 10:56 PM   #127

TherathxRikku
Super Moderator

I use the same strategy I use in any other game, no tactics, just try to win with strength, with exception for X, because I know the simplest way to kill everything. lol

Quote:
You've dun alot for this forum and tried to keep it going as best as u can, and even though ur comp crashed ur still posting through ur PSP. That shows commitment to this site and thanx Therath!!

Stick around and watch this sight grow, become a veteran and then show the newbies how its dun!!
Old 03-31-2010, 07:05 AM   #128

Gumdrop
Highwind Pilot

That won't work past a certain point on FFXIII I'm afraid..
Old 03-31-2010, 09:35 AM   #129

TherathxRikku
Super Moderator

Working so far in VII. Although I like to spam Summons a lot. lol But I'm actually planning on some tactics for when I play XIII, still watching clips of the battle system, learning little by little.

Quote:

Old 03-31-2010, 11:06 AM   #130

Gumdrop
Highwind Pilot

It would do in VII. VII-XII are really easy games. Found XIII easy enough second time through, but then I remembered all the strategies from the first time through. Sticking with the Fang/Light/Hope team seems to make life much easier also.
Old 03-31-2010, 11:36 PM   #131

TherathxRikku
Super Moderator

XII wasn't even worth beating, I hear, I gave up barely a chunk of the way through cause of the stupid battle system. About to give up on VII just cause it isn't the "SUPER, SPECIAL, AWESOME" game I thought it was gonna be, Cloud's still depressing...

Back on topic, anybody have any suggestions for which characters to keep in your party, in VII, I always kept it Cloud, Red XIII, and Barret/Cid.

Quote:

Old 04-01-2010, 06:15 AM   #132

Gumdrop
Highwind Pilot

VII will probably just disappoint anybody new to it now I suspect since its had the shit over-hyped out of it. Twas amazing back in the day, but now its old and creaky and it shows sadly.
Cloud doesn't even have a personality in the game, they didn't give him one so people would superimpose their own onto him. In the film hes an annoying miserable lump for a lot of it though which sucked. In the game shitty things happen to him and he seems to just get over them, or not even really care. Aeris is hardly even mentioned again and she was his main love interest, I think he cared more in the film about it, but that was two years later when he apparently grew a personality of sorts.

Doesn't matter too much with VII, but I tend to go for Yuffie and Red. Yuffie's auto big hits with Morph are handy and both seem to start doing 9999 dmg before the others.
Old 04-01-2010, 06:44 PM   #133

TherathxRikku
Super Moderator

I was referring to the VIII party. lol

Quote:

Old 04-02-2010, 01:49 AM   #134

rissole25
Highwind Captain

Well you have to have Squall in your party since he is the main character . Um...I'll describe their Limit Breaks.

Squall's is Renzokuken (something like that). Press the trigger button when the blue bars pass. If you get them all, he will use a special attack, depending on his current weapon equipped (Rough Divide, Lion Heart. etc)

Rinoa has 2 Limit Breaks. One is using Angelo (Her dog). Angelo has a number of powers he can use, that may damage the enemy, make party invincible. etc.
Her second one is Angel Wing (Something like that). You get it in the middle of disc 3. You can't control her but she randomly casts high level spells.

Zell's is Duel. A list comes up at the bottom of the screen, showing key combos which you have to press in the right order to trigger his moves and hit the enemy. His Limit Break lasts for a certain time (10 secs I think but it freezes when he you have entered the combo)

Example:
Punch Rush: O X
Booya: Right, Left

Doing one will use that attack and stop the timer. When that attack is being shown, another list will come up showing different attacks, with timer counting down. If the combo you enter is a flashing one, the Limit Break will end, regardless of the time.

Quistis's Limit Break is Blue Magic. Basically it's Kimarhi's overdrive from FFX, learning enemy skills.

Irvine's is Shot. You need to have Ammo in your inventory to perform it. Basically you press the trigger button quickly to shoot at the enemy. You can perform different attacks depending on your ammo.

Finally, Selphie's is Slot. A small box comes up with a spell in it. If you don't like what you get, just choose the next one. In some cases, the spells will even be cast more than once. The catch is the battle still runs so you need to be quick. She also has special spells depending on her weapon (I think)

FullCure - Restores the party's HP to full
Wall - Casts Shell and Protect on all party members.
Rapture - Puts wings on the enemy and removes them from battle fleeing.
THE END - The screen turns into the green field (Like what Rinoa is standing on in the intro movie) and the words "THE END" appear- and you won the fight. Works on Bosses

Well...usually people have Zell in there party because of his Limit Break. Then the next most used would be Irvine. I'm doing one at the moment with Quistis and Rinoa.

Quote:
Old 04-02-2010, 06:45 AM   #135

Gumdrop
Highwind Pilot

Quote:
Originally Posted by TherathxRikku View Post
I was referring to the VIII party. lol
Hahaha..omg I need to wake up.

I think I liked to have Irvine and Zell because both are heavy hitters, but it was a long ass time since I played.