Forums | RPG | Guild

Go Back   Final Fantasy Network > Final Fantasy Discussion > General FF Discussion
Community Mark Forums Read

General FF Discussion Talk about the game series in general.

View Poll Results: What is your favorite Final Fantasy?
Final Fantasy 3 1.48%
Final Fantasy II 2 0.99%
Final Fantasy III 2 0.99%
Final Fantasy V 2 0.99%
Final Fantasy VII 76 37.44%
Final Fantasy VIII 38 18.72%
Final Fantasy IX 20 9.85%
Final Fantasy X 33 16.26%
Final Fantasy Tactics 9 4.43%
Final Fantasy X-2 3 1.48%
Final Fantasy IV 1 0.49%
Final Fantasy VI 11 5.42%
Final Fantasy XI 0 0%
Final Fantasy XII 3 1.48%
Voters: 203. You may not vote on this poll

Old 03-15-2010, 04:09 PM   #481

TherathxRikku
Super Moderator

Send a message via Skype™ to TherathxRikku
Re: What is your favorite FF

I want a Nanaki spin off, either what he does after the events of AC, or a prequel to see what he was like while his father was around.

Quote:
Originally Posted by clief101_ View Post
You've dun alot for this forum and tried to keep it going as best as u can, and even though ur comp crashed ur still posting through ur PSP. That shows commitment to this site and thanx Therath!!

Stick around and watch this sight grow, become a veteran and then show the newbies how its dun!!
TherathxRikku is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2010, 06:32 PM   #482

Gumdrop
Highwind Pilot

I dunno what my favorite FF is anymore..I was a solid FF7 fangirl for about ten years, then I decided FFXII was my favorite, but now I really don't know anymore I can hardly remember anything about 12 so I don't think I could call that my fave and now I've reached the end of FFXIII its safe to say that defo isn't gonna be my new favorite.
I'm thinking I'll get the Crystal Bearers at some point so maybe that will be my new favorite, haha

I think just about all of them are at least pretty good and most the lesser ones are still highy playable games imo.
Gumdrop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2010, 04:04 AM   #483

TherathxRikku
Super Moderator

Crystal Bearers was well worth it from what I saw, the graphics were awesome and the gameplay was challenging, but fun.

XII sucked, aside from the tumor-enducing battle system, the characters were unrelatable, graphics, imo, weren't as capturing as X. Only got to Euryt Village before permanently removing it from the PS2.

Quote:
You've dun alot for this forum and tried to keep it going as best as u can, and even though ur comp crashed ur still posting through ur PSP. That shows commitment to this site and thanx Therath!!

Stick around and watch this sight grow, become a veteran and then show the newbies how its dun!!
Old 03-16-2010, 07:08 AM   #484

Gumdrop
Highwind Pilot

It does look like a lot of random fun and I liked the last FF:CC

I think the weirdest reason I read overall for hating FFXII was somebody said they didn't like it becuase it didn't feel like a FF game, but if it had that FF feeling I would have liked it. What the..doesn't that mean all game other than FF should be disliked by this person? Hahs..who knows.

Oh well..I just don't get why people hate it so. I see vastly more wrong with 13 so will be interesting to see how the majority feel when they finish it.

Its either 12 or 9 that gets my vote anyways.

Last edited by Gumdrop; 03-16-2010 at 02:17 PM.
Old 03-16-2010, 10:28 PM   #485

TherathxRikku
Super Moderator

My problem with XII was if the battle system was faster paced, I probably would've been able to stay awake long enough to get EXP. Instead, I went to the Belias battle at level 10, learned my lesson, devoted the next four weeks to get up to level 30, still didn't win. >_> Wasn't really even worth beating him. lol

I don't know what they meant by it didn't feel like FF, aside from the British accents.

I don't even have a PS3 right now, so I haven't even seen the XIII case, but I trust with the fast paced system, I can at least beat it, who knows. I'm looking forward to the story right now.

Quote:

Old 03-17-2010, 04:24 AM   #486

rissole25
Highwind Captain

They've got Anima in XIII, except its a Robot I think

Quote:
Originally Posted by rissole25 View Post
My 1000th post was about you Leon
rissole25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2010, 08:12 AM   #487

Gumdrop
Highwind Pilot

I think that would be enough to put most people off, I can see why you didn't like it now. Thats the only sensible answer I've seen given for not liking it.

They are so fast that if you take over 31 seconds on a few encounters you get rated down.
Story bits, for the most part, after the start are really good in 13 so you should enjoy it I hope. Found the game somewhat of a struggle after a boss about 7 hours in so found the game hard to enjoy at times, I think I'm the opposite of you and do well with slow battle systems and not so well with fast
I think if I were to play it through again I'd find it more than twice as easy though I've reazlied a few really imporant things I wish I had noticed ealier.
Having fun with it end-game though.
I found a hidden cut scene yesterday that was just two of the characters bonding (which was a nice idea I thought). And I unlocked the ability to ride Chocobo at last! I was wondering why I'd seen a picture of somebody riding one, but I'd not been able to ride one yet and I'd reached the end of the game. Turns out you have to ulock 'em.
Old 03-17-2010, 04:42 PM   #488

TherathxRikku
Super Moderator

It really all depends on what kind of games you play along with FF, I started out wit FPS games, so I started out fast paced. I started out with FF IV somewhere during that, I had to up the time gauge a little bit till it was perfect. X was my next FF and it was confusing at first, but I could move at the pace I needed, which was AWESOME!

I watched a battle on XIII and it was confusing, probably cause it was in Japanese, but I haven't read a description on the battle system yet. I agree that it's fast paced, though. lol

Quote:

Old 03-17-2010, 04:47 PM   #489

Gumdrop
Highwind Pilot

I started out gaming when it was still mostly black backgrounds (thanks to my big bro) so guess thats why slow stuff isn't an issue for me.
Well it would look confuseing in Japanese, aha Don't worry though..it isn't even a little confuseing. It took me a while to notice one or two things, but confuseing it ain't.
Old 01-31-2011, 01:19 AM   #490

*Carbuncle*
T-Rexuar Snack

VII for gameplay and VIII for story
*Carbuncle* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2011, 08:13 AM   #491

clief101_
1st class SOLDIER

So FFV then man
Old 05-30-2011, 09:35 AM   #492

TherathxRikku
Super Moderator

FFIV, actually.

*sniff* I smell a bot, anyway.

Quote:

Old 05-30-2011, 12:17 PM   #493

clief101_
1st class SOLDIER

No? FF started in the US at IV....So Final fantasy over there is actually FFIV and FF2 is actually FFV...the first 3 were never originally released in the US....if im not mistaken?

Not like i can do much about it lol, despite me staying here after a whole year of nothingness, i'm still not a mod lol
Old 05-30-2011, 03:23 PM   #494

TherathxRikku
Super Moderator

Nope. FF2 and 3 for the US was IV and VI. We never got V. Not until they gave us the GBA version.

Quote:

Old 05-30-2011, 03:45 PM   #495

clief101_
1st class SOLDIER

Are you sure? Damn, ima have to read up on that now...Just to make sure...coz yno, cant belive ya TxR :P