Forums | RPG | Guild

Go Back   Final Fantasy Network > General > Off-Topic
Community Mark Forums Read

Off-Topic All things related to anything that doesn’t have to do with Final Fantasy should be posted here. (Keep it clean or be banned.)

Old 11-05-2009, 08:31 PM   #1

TherathxRikku
Super Moderator

Send a message via Skype™ to TherathxRikku
Homosexuality/Transgenderism

A very touchy subject for more people, myself included.

What are your thoughts on homosexuality or transgenderism? Are they positive, negative, or do you care at all? Do you believe gay people deserve all the rights you do? Is it a sin to love someone of the same sex?

Are you homosexual or transgender? If so, do you feel comfortable knowing this? How do you deal with it, have you come out to your family or friends?

This topic is for the discussion of your opinion on gay/lesbian/bi/trans people, and if you are part of that community, share with us if you're comfortable, I won't judge you, for I am a Transgender, myself.

-------------------------

My story.
For the longest time I've felt like I was made wrong, as if I was in the wrong body. So 4 years ago, I found myself staring at my female classmates, but not in a perverted way, but more of an envious way. It's the worst feeling in the world when you want something you can't get without paying a terrible price for. I am still interested in girls, but I want to be one at the same time, this makes it extremely hard to tell anyone about, because the community today assumes that anything a guy does that cmoes off as flamboyant in any way, is automatically gay. "You must like men if you hate being one."

2 years ago, I came out to my mom, she actually encouraged me to slowly come out, and to express myself the way I want whenever an occasion comes around when I can dress as a girl and no one give a damn. Now, I realize it really doesn't matter what other people think of you, sure they'll point and laugh, but does that actually hurt you? So, I just point and laugh back at their homophobia.

Now, I dress however I want every day, even to school, I'm growing my hair out and wearing cute clothes and even wearing perfume, lipstick and nail polish and everyone eventually got over their homophobia and treat me like a girl, I am referred to as a "she" to everyone at school, people even renamed me to a really cute name, my name is now, Tara. ^-^

So, share your story of coming out and how your life changed after you truly discovered yourself.

Quote:
Originally Posted by clief101_ View Post
You've dun alot for this forum and tried to keep it going as best as u can, and even though ur comp crashed ur still posting through ur PSP. That shows commitment to this site and thanx Therath!!

Stick around and watch this sight grow, become a veteran and then show the newbies how its dun!!
TherathxRikku is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2009, 04:36 AM   #2

rissole25
Highwind Captain

Re: Homosexuality/Transgenderism

Well I'm straight but I have no problem with gay people, lesbians etc. I think there's nothing wrong with them, they just like someone of the same sex. Other then that, there just like you. There's no problem in that.

Well like I said before I'm straight. But sometimes I think about guys in a gay way. I guess its just the testosterone messing with me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rissole25 View Post
My 1000th post was about you Leon
rissole25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2009, 05:12 AM   #3

TherathxRikku
Super Moderator

If only Congress had that thought. >_>

And I think about some guys like that, too, they're all celebrities or characters, though. lol
Like, Hyde, Kamijo and Bill Kaulitz for celebs.

and Kuja, Dressed up Cloud (it's still Cloud, but he's totally cute in a dress.), and Haji (Blood+) for characters. It's normal, it just means you think that guy is pretty.

Quote:
You've dun alot for this forum and tried to keep it going as best as u can, and even though ur comp crashed ur still posting through ur PSP. That shows commitment to this site and thanx Therath!!

Stick around and watch this sight grow, become a veteran and then show the newbies how its dun!!
Old 11-06-2009, 05:16 AM   #4

rissole25
Highwind Captain

Well I dunno if this is true but my friend said

"In Texas, Gays, Retarded, Non-Christan, Non-Catholic, Black people and woman who don't follow there husbands instructions can be shot by anyone"

I hope it isn't true cos that's just stupid.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rissole25 View Post
My 1000th post was about you Leon
rissole25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2009, 07:38 PM   #5

TherathxRikku
Super Moderator

Course not, Texas has that negative stereotype cause everyone hates rednecks.

I live in Texas and almost everyone I know is either, gay, bi, female, Atheist or black.

Quote:

Old 11-06-2009, 11:31 PM   #6
mouquibit
T-Rexuar Snack

bookmarked and b back l8er, bro, :-)
mouquibit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2009, 03:12 AM   #7

Seyluv
*Isu's Empress/Wife*

They cool with me, so i've no problem with them.

Just wouldn't want to date one.
Sure i like girlish men, but i want my bf to be 100% male.
Old 11-07-2009, 08:42 AM   #8

Leon
Lugeo Spiritus

hmmm yah i know lotz o ppl like that, but they put out their opinions honestly

so i got no prob either tellin' em back that itz cool havin'em around an that they can do w/e they're into but that i think it's against my perpective of how nature is meant to be, not that i see it a sin, just not my oppinion of normal..

so i'll lay it out flat too, i call'em weirdoz n nature's distortion -in teh face usually-, they call me a homophobic media slave or a priest boy from teh middle agez (u might not get that last one bu it's a long gag), so itz really cool as long as we each know our boundaries, jus like differences in religion, music or ur favourite color of M n Ms

so in short i aint for it or against it, but i wouldnt have it for myself either
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shaggy View Post
This forum will never end. I has gone through some rough times lately, but it will never be shut down!!
Leon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2009, 02:57 AM   #9

TherathxRikku
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leon View Post
u might not get that last one
I get it!

Honestly, I wouldn't mind homophobia, if they didn't assume crap about me and then spread it on to someone else. Cause I'll get a random person come up to me and say, "I've set up a blind date with a cute guy for ya." >_>

Quote: