Forums | RPG | Guild

Go Back   Final Fantasy Network > Final Fantasy Discussion > Dissidia Final Fantasy
Community Mark Forums Read

Dissidia Final Fantasy Cosmos, the goddess of harmony. Chaos, the god of discord. Reigning from distant realms, the two gods had gathered warriors from all lands to lead them in savage war.

Old 12-11-2009, 07:56 PM   #1

TherathxRikku
Super Moderator

Send a message via Skype™ to TherathxRikku
What Character to Use, Based on your Play Style

A gamer's ability relies solely on what his play style is, I'm here to tell you which characters are best for you to use based on how you play.
Note: If you plan on using your favorite character and he does not fit your play style, just practice using their style and you'll eventually get better.

LET's BEGIN!!!

Warrior of Light: Ground & Air, Defensive, Aggressive

Warrior of Light is the perfect character for players who play defensively or aggressively. He has an array of different attacks, ranging from melee to magic. If you like to Guard, then attack, WoL is the character for you. However, he has no "in and out" moves, if you miss your opponent, you leave yourself wide open.

Garland: Ground, Defensive
All of Garland's HP Attacks surround and protect him, they also have Guard Break which can cripple your opponent if their attack lands into yours. However, he is slow and has few long range attacks.

Firion: Ground, Aggressive
Firion is a jack of all trades when it comes to attacks and absolutely dominates ground combat. However, his attacks take some time to activate and aim.

The Emperor: Ground & Air, Strategic, Defensive
The Emperor is a master of traps, he can ensnare his opponent and cripple them with another attack. However, he has no aggressive attacks.

Onion Knight: Ground & Air, Aggressive
Onion Knight is a good starter character with his impressive speed and his many attacks. However, his attacks have a small hit box and you can cripple yourself if timed wrong.

Cloud of Darkness: Ground & Air, Strategic, Aggressive
CoD has a wide variety of attacks that can be effective to corner your opponent. However, her combos require timing and the wrong time could prove fatal.

Cecil: Ground & Air, Aggressive
Cecil is a good starter character with his many attacks and two interchangeable jobs. However, DK is slow and difficult to hit with, while Paladin has slow activation with attacks.

Golbez: Ground & Air, Strategic, Defensive
Golbez' attacks have a guard capability to counter your opponent if they attack. However, his attacks are difficult to hit with otherwise.

Bartz: Ground & Air, Strategic, Defensive, Aggressive
Bartz can be used many ways, he is best close range and aggressive. However, using the wrong moveset can get you beaten quick.

Exdeath: Ground, Strategic, Defensive
Exdeath is the perfect Guard master, he can block almost every attack in the game and counter with deadly attacks. However, he is extremely slow moving and his guards require precise timing.

Terra: Ground & Air, Strategic
Terra is best used from a distance, her spells are very powerful and easy to aim. However, her defense is low and her offensive game is close to none.

Kefka: Ground & Air, Strategic, Aggressive
Kefka uses attacks much like Terra, but his are far more vicious and better to cripple opponents. However, he is slow moving and he has little defensive game.

Cloud: Ground, Aggressive

Cloud is a good starter character and has multiple melee and magic attacks. However, his attacks are slow.

Sephiroth: Ground & Air, Aggressive, Defensive
Sephiroth is useful from all distances, he also has good speed and attack power. However, his attacks are hard to aim.

Squall: Ground & Air, Aggressive, Defensive

Squall is the perfect mid range character, best for aggressive combat and combos are easy to chain. However, his attacks can be predictable.

Ultimecia: Air, Strategic, Defensive
Ultimecia has many long range and mid range attacks to pummel your opponent into submission. However, she has no close range game.

Zidane: Air, Aggressive
Zidane is the best for aerial combat, he has quick and precise attacks to slice your opponents to bits. However, he has low defense and attack power.

Kuja: Air, Strategic
Kuja is the best for pummeling your opponent with attacks from a small distance. However, his attacks can be hard to aim.

Tidus: Ground & Air, Defensive, Aggressive
Tidus is the master of Evade and Counter, he can easily dodge attacks and follow up with his own. However, his attacks are slow to activate and difficult to hit with.

Jecht: Ground & Air, Aggressive
Jecht is the perfect character for chasing down enemies and beating them to a pulp. However, all of his attacks require timing and very difficult to hit with.

Shanttoto: Ground & Air, Strategic, Aggressive
Shantotto's attacks grow higher in power as your BRV increases, her attacks also are easy to hit with. However, her attacks have a long recovery time and can leave you open for some time if you miss.

Gabranth: Ground & Air, Aggressive, Defensive

Gabranth can automatically build his EX Guage without requiring EX Force or Cores. However, he has a number of flaws outside of EX Mode.

Every character's Pro and Con, hopefully this will prove useful to some of you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by clief101_ View Post
You've dun alot for this forum and tried to keep it going as best as u can, and even though ur comp crashed ur still posting through ur PSP. That shows commitment to this site and thanx Therath!!

Stick around and watch this sight grow, become a veteran and then show the newbies how its dun!!

Last edited by TherathxRikku; 12-11-2009 at 08:17 PM.
TherathxRikku is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2009, 02:48 AM   #2

Shaggy
Administrator

Re: What Character to Use, Based on your Play Style

Holy crap that is a long read What character do you like to use?
Shaggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2009, 06:24 AM   #3

rissole25
Highwind Captain

Hmm...I like fighting in the air but I want to be able to dodge attacks easily. Who do you suggest I use?

Quote:
Originally Posted by rissole25 View Post
My 1000th post was about you Leon
rissole25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2009, 08:29 PM   #4

TherathxRikku
Super Moderator

I use Cecil and Tidus. Just cause they are my favorites.

If you're in the air a lot, I'd suggest Zidane. He's also a good dodger, as well as a mage masher (in some people's opinion. >_>)

Quote:
You've dun alot for this forum and tried to keep it going as best as u can, and even though ur comp crashed ur still posting through ur PSP. That shows commitment to this site and thanx Therath!!

Stick around and watch this sight grow, become a veteran and then show the newbies how its dun!!
Old 12-13-2009, 03:16 AM   #5

Seyluv
*Isu's Empress/Wife*

Firion, Cloud of Darkness, & Squall.

They seem to match perfectly with the type of fighting styles i like.
Old 12-13-2009, 03:21 AM   #6

TherathxRikku
Super Moderator

My style is Block/Evade and Counter, so Tidus is automatically my best, Cecil works okay with that style, but he's better for chasing down enemies with Dark Flames and Searchlight.

Quote:

Old 12-17-2009, 11:51 PM   #7

Heartless Angel
Vivi's Minder

Sephiroth all day long, followed by Cloud, Cecil, Tidus, Cloud of Darkness, Firion, and the rest in no order.

Has anyone completed all the accomplishments yet?

..I have.
Heartless Angel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2009, 02:09 AM   #8

TherathxRikku
Super Moderator

I'M CLOSE!!!! I have like, 10 left...the accessory one will take me forever because I haven't completed the shop yet. >_> But the weapon one I can finish soon.

Quote:

Old 12-19-2009, 04:10 AM   #9

Heartless Angel
Vivi's Minder

Good job!

The last one I had was the accessory one, so its the hardest.
Old 12-19-2009, 04:53 AM   #10

TherathxRikku
Super Moderator

I don't think I'll ever get Time Attack with 1200 seconds, it's impossible for me...none of the arcade characters have an agreeable moveset.

Quote:

Old 12-19-2009, 06:44 AM   #11

clief101_
1st class SOLDIER

im not even close to doing 100%. not even close lol
Old 12-19-2009, 03:48 PM   #12

TherathxRikku
Super Moderator

I have around 96% done. I ain't bragging, it was tough...

Quote:

Old 12-21-2009, 11:21 PM   #13

Heartless Angel
Vivi's Minder

Quote:
Originally Posted by TherathxRikku View Post
I don't think I'll ever get Time Attack with 1200 seconds, it's impossible for me...none of the arcade characters have an agreeable moveset.
Use Cloud of Darkness for Time Attack.

I thought I'd never do that one, because as you've said the move sets are terrible, but I used CoD and used one attack, her air attack, D-form Particle beam, it killed most of the characters after a few hits, also her bravery attacks, need timing, but once you get it down, you can break opponent's easily.

The hardest one will be Zidane, he goes into EX mode so often it'll be hard to hit him, but just stick to that one move and you'll kill him sooner or later. Chaos is easy pickings, just be sure to break him as often as possible.

I lost three fights and still came with a time of:

13:13:13

Weird, but I got my accomplishment.
Old 12-22-2009, 02:07 AM   #14

TherathxRikku
Super Moderator

That's a good thing, CoD is one of my growing characters.

Quote:

Old 12-25-2009, 11:46 PM   #15

rissole25
Highwind Captain

I finally have Dissidia

I think I'm mainly gonna use Squall and Emperor Mateus

Oh and I'll put replays up as well. As soon as I get a Memory Stick for my PSP

Quote:
Originally Posted by rissole25 View Post
My 1000th post was about you Leon
rissole25 is offline   Reply With Quote