Forums | RPG | Guild

Go Back   Final Fantasy Network > General > Serious Discussion and Debates
Community Mark Forums Read

Serious Discussion and Debates For serious subjects. Curent events, news, religion, politics and science. As this is a debate forum posts in here MUST HAVE at least 20 words and be relevent to the discussion.

Old 06-11-2008, 07:33 PM   #16

Leon
Lugeo Spiritus

Re: Evil.

it's gettin heated in here 0.0

i believe in the existence of evil not because of religion, but its coz umm.... well some things u can do n some others u cant. i mean , its not good if i robbed someone, i mean it's jus unfair! why i would do that would be another issue. but it still wouldnt change the fact that i did sometin unfair which we otherwise call "eeeeeevvviilllllllllllll" o.o

in short regardless of anythin (includin religion) some basic acts all ppl can agree on to be bad; liek killin, stealin, injustice, tyranny, n so on >.>

thas wha ah think anywayz! -.O
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shaggy View Post
This forum will never end. I has gone through some rough times lately, but it will never be shut down!!

Last edited by Leon; 06-11-2008 at 07:39 PM.
Leon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2008, 10:37 PM   #17

kb-sama
Master Summoner

Send a message via AIM to kb-sama

Good and Evil Are just Words We Just use To make What we Do Right or Wrong Thats My View

"I Have No Idea Whats Go'in on"
kb-sama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2008, 01:34 AM   #18

Phoenix Flame
Go Umbarbar do my bidding

Send a message via MSN to Phoenix Flame

Quote:
Originally Posted by kb-sama View Post
Good and Evil Are just Words We Just use To make What we Do Right or Wrong Thats My View
o_o *blank stare*

So, in other words... you have no conscience KB?

What's stopping you from killing Leon then?
You only get one shot at life. Follow your heart.
Phoenix Flame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2008, 01:48 AM   #19

kb-sama
Master Summoner

Send a message via AIM to kb-sama

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phoenix Flame View Post
o_o *blank stare*

So, in other words... you have no conscience KB?

What's stopping you from killing Leon then?
JAIL for one and I do Just I don't Really Think anyone is PURE Evil EVEYONE hav One Good Thing In Them

"I Have No Idea Whats Go'in on"
kb-sama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2008, 02:58 AM   #20

Doctor
Highwind Captain

Send a message via AIM to Doctor

Quote:
I didn't say that Hitler WAS evil...just promoted the idea that his ACTIONS were evil. /
There are only evil actions, not evil people. But people who have committed evil action after evil action after evil action can eventually influence themselves by doing those things. They become 'high' from the kind of control thet get by committing a crime, or whatever it may be...the power of being in control of something is enough to corrupt anyone's mind.

What I've said isn't absolute truth, I know. But TRUE evil...is something that hasn't really come to exist long enough and intensely enough to be noticed. When it does, it will be made much more apparent. But for now I'm content to say that people can only do things that are bad enough to be considered 'evil,' but the people are not TRULY evil themselves.
Old 06-12-2008, 11:48 AM   #21

Kat
k i t t y .

Send a message via AIM to Kat Send a message via MSN to Kat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doctor View Post
There are only evil actions, not evil people. But people who have committed evil action after evil action after evil action can eventually influence themselves by doing those things. They become 'high' from the kind of control that get by committing a crime, or whatever it may be...the power of being in control of something is enough to corrupt anyone's mind.

What I've said isn't absolute truth, I know. But TRUE evil...is something that hasn't really come to exist long enough and intensely enough to be noticed. When it does, it will be made much more apparent. But for now I'm content to say that people can only do things that are bad enough to be considered 'evil,' but the people are not TRULY evil themselves.
Ahh, finally.
I was trying to explain that but the words wouldn't come out right.
Doctor's definitely on the right track.

"In my opinion, there is no such thing as '"evil"' there are just two different views to the world. "
<3

The perfect Example of: Imperfection
Kat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2008, 05:04 PM   #22

Hydra
3, 2, 1, Let's Jam

Send a message via MSN to Hydra Send a message via Yahoo to Hydra

There we go. :3

That's a nice answer.

I'm just gonna throw this out there though, just to do it.

Who says their actions are "evil"?
Old 06-12-2008, 11:56 PM   #23

blackstar
Headbanger For Life

I see my opinion as truth in the fact that good and evil do not exist in reality. I never said I don't have personal values on what I consider good and evil. Because I do. But it is of personal invention and another's ideas of what is evil may be different so thus it is personal and on a wide scale is non existent. (Note if my wording makes no sense tell me and I will try to explain it better.
blackstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2008, 02:04 AM   #24

Hydra
3, 2, 1, Let's Jam

Quote:
I didn't say that Hitler WAS evil...just promoted the idea that his ACTIONS were evil.

I've been tempted to kill people before - at the time I would say that they deserved it. = 3

...but I'M not evil, just sinful. : /
And what impression do you base upon, that Hitlers actions were evil?

It justs boils down to what you believe in, either way.

That's why these topics are so fun.
Old 06-13-2008, 04:43 AM   #25

Phoenix Flame

No...its not opinion actually. Its in scripture. =_=

...that being said, granted: you opinion of scripture could be different than mine. x]

Threads like this are great for debate. <3

Last edited by Phoenix Flame; 06-13-2008 at 04:45 AM.
Old 06-13-2008, 02:07 PM   #26

Hydra
3, 2, 1, Let's Jam

Ikno, rite. :3

And as scripture, you mean The Bible, amirite?

That's pretty much all you can mean, 'cause any other book (besides other versions from different religions), are man-made, and they are opinion.

So, let's talk about the Bible.

I don't like talking about it, 'cause every time I get deep into it, I second guess it. (But that's on me. <3)

Sometimes, for me, it's like a fairy tale. All these things people accomplish, a small nation overtopping a giant one, and passing on the legacy for generations, all because of you believing in one omnipotent entity.

Well, let me rephrase that. More like a tall tale. I believe in God, it's just the omnipotent part I don't believe in. And the evil in the world is my basis upon that.

http://richardathome.files.wordpress...urus-quote.jpg

That picture right there, but more importantly, the quote.

Now I admit, I'm not very good, religiously. I don't indulge in everything most people do that're sinful, but I just absolutely ignore it, for the most part. The talk of God, religion, all of it. I like clear answers, or at least answers that make me think, and that's my own personal liking.

But with religion, you won't know until you've passed away. And if you made the wrong decision, well lol, it's a bit too late then, huh? I can just imagine there being an omnipotent being, and me ignoring the fact of one due to my shallow beliefs. Then I'd die, and get up to the gates.

"lol u go bak, kthxbai".

It's so sad to think about. xD

But 'kay. I could go on, and on, and on, clashing between religious texts and proven science. I could compare the theory of Adam and Eve, and the theory of The Big Bang, to see whether God is real or not.

Or I could just forget it all, and go Muslim! =D

(Nah, that's not something to joke about.)

I could go find the scripts that Newton hypothesized, that implies that the human thumb is proof enough of a God. I could read sections in the Bible and dissect them, to make a point. But what point would I make? Everyones beliefs are different anyway.

If there was a God in the world, why would he/she give us total free will? If we don't follow his/her word, we go to Hell. And according to the bible, Man is carved according to Gods image. It's just so messed up. The people God make with his/her own hands, condemned at birth. What if they never find religion? One way ticket to one of the circles of Hell.

Don't you see something wrong with that? O:

Religiously speaking.

Eh, I'm gonna stop there. And pick up more next time. Maybe.

xD
Old 06-14-2008, 05:08 AM   #27

Phoenix Flame

I'mma reply to this when I have more time...in the mean time...

*CC to 'Ask questions about...God?!' thread. <3
Old 06-16-2008, 01:40 AM   #28

Doctor
Highwind Captain

Send a message via AIM to Doctor

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackstar View Post
I see my opinion as truth in the fact that good and evil do not exist in reality. I never said I don't have personal values on what I consider good and evil. Because I do. But it is of personal invention and another's ideas of what is evil may be different so thus it is personal and on a wide scale is non existent. (Note if my wording makes no sense tell me and I will try to explain it better.
I understand what you're trying to get across.

I think you're saying that, since 'evil' is just a personal perception made by people, then it doesn't really exist. Sort of like time. Our concept of "It's noon" or "It's 8:30" just helps us keep track of ourselves, keep track of everything that goes on around us so that we don't feel too lost. (Though, long ago I'm pretty sure that people could tell what time of day it was, just by thinking, "It's time for dinner because the sun is almost behind the mountains/the ocean'whatever." XP ) And just like 'time', we use the terms 'good' or 'evil' to keep track of what kind of things you might want to steer clear of or not, depending on your personal feelings or whatever.

And I really like what you said, Hydra, about not really knowing whether we followed the right 'path' or not until after we're gone...and something else that I've asked often myself; why did God put us down here just so that we could obey His (or maybe Her) will? Why did he even bother giving us a free will? Well, that one's tough to answer. I still don't know it myself...but I don't think it's a question could answer right now. XP
Old 06-16-2008, 12:45 PM   #29

blackstar
Headbanger For Life

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doctor View Post
I understand what you're trying to get across.

I think you're saying that, since 'evil' is just a personal perception made by people, then it doesn't really exist. Sort of like time. Our concept of "It's noon" or "It's 8:30" just helps us keep track of ourselves, keep track of everything that goes on around us so that we don't feel too lost. (Though, long ago I'm pretty sure that people could tell what time of day it was, just by thinking, "It's time for dinner because the sun is almost behind the mountains/the ocean'whatever." XP ) And just like 'time', we use the terms 'good' or 'evil' to keep track of what kind of things you might want to steer clear of or not, depending on your personal feelings or whatever.
Finally (my opinions are hard to understand sometimes)
I do however really like your opinion on the matter as well.
blackstar is offline   Reply With Quote