Forums | RPG | Guild

Go Back   Final Fantasy Network > General > Serious Discussion and Debates
Community Mark Forums Read

Serious Discussion and Debates For serious subjects. Curent events, news, religion, politics and science. As this is a debate forum posts in here MUST HAVE at least 20 words and be relevent to the discussion.

Old 12-11-2006, 01:18 PM   #16

blackstar
Headbanger For Life

Re: My Philosophy

I personally agree with Lyde Lyde on her Philosophy I try to live much the same way.
blackstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2006, 02:56 PM   #17

Spec Highwind
The Portuguese Dragoon

Send a message via MSN to Spec Highwind Send a message via Yahoo to Spec Highwind

I'm just like Lyde Lyde... BUT... I do have great friends... maybe more than I know... and sometimes I ignore them...

"My hopes live on in those who remain"
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kat View Post
omg.
that quote is totally going in my sig.
Spec Highwind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2006, 05:13 PM   #18

blackstar
Headbanger For Life

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spec
I'm just like Lyde Lyde... BUT... I do have great friends... maybe more than I know... and sometimes I ignore them...
so do I sometimes... But were just human right we make mistakes and sometimes the greatest friends can forgive you when you screw up and make mistakes and its ok.
Old 12-11-2006, 05:16 PM   #19

Yoko Kurama
With a shattered heart...

Precisely. The greatest friends can forgive you despite everything.
Yoko Kurama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2007, 10:28 PM   #20

Axel
-The Free Thinker-

It is scary that humans can be so dependant on war to solve problems. I mean if observe two children in a school play ground playing basketball. One of the them is a ball hog. Supose the other one wants the ball equally as much, they argue, they begin to fight. Soon the fight is resolved by a teacher. The teacher makes them apologize to eachother. Lets say 20 years from now they both enlist in the military. They are in combat. One of them asks the other, "What is the purpose of all this?" The other one replies, "Because they never leaned to share." Though I may admit that it was a bad analogy but it does prove a point. Man thinks that war can solve everthing. I know personally that sometimes that friend and foe may never come to an agreement, but man needs to learn how to solves differences by discussing the problem directly without war. Humans are so destructive, but there is one thing that is worth saving in this world, it is love.
Thats My Philosophy, my wisdom. Love.
Old 02-02-2007, 05:54 AM   #21

Phoenix Flame
Go Umbarbar do my bidding

Send a message via MSN to Phoenix Flame

There is a LOT of pain and misery in this life - unfortunately, life's not fair. Seems like everyone has to 'start over' sometime and put away something in their past...whether that be family or friends or significant others. In the end I've learned not to blindly rely on others around me, but on God for my sanity and support. He's always there going through everything with me anyhow...but to acknowledge Him and lean on him to me isn't a crutch-->I'm not religious, I'm spiritual (big difference.) Therefore I don't agree with 'holy' wars or much government; however, not all of it is bad. I live in the U.S., and I think that if our founding fathers could see what we've done with the constitution, they'd roll over in their graves. It doesn't end there, but that's the basic feelings I can express about how I view life. My personal philosophy goes something like... By improving yourself, the world is made better. It begins with you, though...so if you want things to chance for you - you have to change.
Phoenix Flame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2007, 04:41 AM   #22

Doctor
Highwind Captain

Send a message via AIM to Doctor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jhimian
Man thinks that war can solve everthing. I know personally that sometimes that friend and foe may never come to an agreement, but man needs to learn how to solves differences by discussing the problem directly without war. Humans are so destructive, but there is one thing that is worth saving in this world, it is love.
Thats My Philosophy, my wisdom. Love.
Having love in one's heart is a wonderful thing...unfortunately, it is not enough to make people "discuss the problem directly without war."

There will always be pain and suffering, there will always be people who say that a war will resolve a matter in a situation, and there will always be a war, weither it is between two persons, or two nations. A world of peace isn't a totally attainable goal. The reality is, as long as there are human beings, or any beings, there will always be conflict, no matter how insignificant the issue.

The people in this world have a lot to learn; don't expect them to learn it in our lifetime.
Old 02-05-2007, 11:31 AM   #23

blackstar
Headbanger For Life

Agreed Faust, This is me personally, I love if I feel you are a "true" friend I love you, you are my brother or sister, or as in "Aiden" i love her fully and without question. But I also know hate and there are people I hate completly true hate, but theese are people who have done things to me to deserve my hate.
Old 02-06-2007, 03:16 AM   #24

jedi geoff
And then there was one...

Location: On the plains of FF6. So i can hear that cool overworld music

see theres is a problem with the whole love will conquer all thing,
some people are just too ;cen ed up and wouldnt listen.....

but i personally dont like this world....
Old 02-07-2007, 03:17 AM   #25

Doctor
Highwind Captain

Well, this is just a personal opinion, as is what most of these people are saying; I believe that love can conquer all other feelings . Think about it; if you really wanted to die, more than anything, and the only feeling you cared about was feeling the sweet ecstasy of death, then wouldn't you be "loving" to die every single waking moment?

Taking the words "Love conquers all" literally would mean that you can win anything with love. And even if love is more than just a feeling, and love is expressed by the things we do for the things or people we love, I don't think that most of the world cares enough to use love to solve all of our problems. There are too many other feelings mixed in--greed, hatred, anger, sadness; countless things. Those feelings tend to get in the way of the feeling of love, but that's just how it is; that's just how we, as human beings, are. Love can't really conquer all, but deep in our hearts, when we find something we care about more than anything else that could ever exist, then we can believe that love can overcome all of the obstacles that are in each individual person's life. But it cannot solve every real world problem. Love can be shared, but going with what I said previously, there will always be conflict and problems that are caused by things, and most of all, people, some of whom have no love or compassion. But that's only for us to decide based upon opinion.

So...after all I've said already, I'm not even sure what I'm trying to get across. I suppose that my point, is that whatever love really CAN do, no one will ever be sure. So weither the phrase "Love conquers all" is true or not is, for now, always goinmg to depend on the opinion of each individual. So, it's true meaning is undecided.
Old 02-07-2007, 11:13 AM   #26

blackstar
Headbanger For Life

Agreed that statement is very true and you have brought up good points I have never thought about before. "Love" is perhaps the most interesting human emotion, because while the others are more linear "love" can be good or evil depending, because it is defined mostely by the person who has it. So in a way "love" is a very powerful force in the world. The holy wars were started because of "love" of religion. Peace can be obtained through "love" many different things can be caused its something worth thinking about.
Old 02-08-2007, 02:15 AM   #27

Doctor
Highwind Captain

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackstar
Agreed that statement is very true and you have brought up good points I have never thought about before. "Love" is perhaps the most interesting human emotion, because while the others are more linear"love" can be good or evil depending, because it is defined mostely by the person who has it. So in a way "love" is a very powerful force in the world. The holy wars were started because of "love" of religion. Peace can be obtained through "love" many different things can be caused its something worth thinking about.
And I think that you may have cleared up my ramblings there.
Old 02-08-2007, 11:20 AM   #28

blackstar
Headbanger For Life

Your welcome. Well reading what you said sparked my own intellectual ramblings. But relativly saying what we both said seems to be true because love is more than linear your suicide reference is what made me think about it and I beleive you did bring up a very valid point. So in essence "love" does conquor all. Because it overides all other emotions be it for good or evil intent.
Old 02-08-2007, 11:45 AM   #29

Cloud101
The Dark Guardian

You speak the truth...
Old 02-08-2007, 08:49 PM   #30

Axel
-The Free Thinker-

To clarify what I was trying to get across, I merely was saying that conflict sometimes cannot be avoided, but when you are in that position just think of the thing are worth getting through that struggle. As I said that wasn't a good analogy. My apologies if gave you guys the wrong impression! ;-)