Forums | RPG | Guild

Go Back   Final Fantasy Network > Final Fantasy Discussion > Final Fantasy VII
Community Mark Forums Read

Final Fantasy VII The Legendary Final Fantasy! Come talk about this classic Hit from 1997

Old 05-20-2006, 11:36 AM   #16

Tiny Bronco
No Scoped

Re: Final Fantasy VII: Crisis Core

For Crisis Core it mentions everyone except Cloud, only saying that it takes place when he is "a lowly Shinra guard" It does have some screenshots with Cloud though.

I wish they made a continueation or completion of FF7 were it was about the war between Shinra and Wutia were Aeris's fake mother's husband died. I think it would be cool to see several thousand Shinra Soldiers fighting it out on a battle field. Might make a good CGM movie.
Tiny Bronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2006, 07:16 AM   #17
murza
Vivi's Minder

i didnt know there were so many add-on for ff7 btw where can u get advent children?
murza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2006, 03:02 PM   #18

Tiny Bronco
No Scoped

FF7AC is already out in the forms of a UMD for the PSP or a DVD. What a lot of abreviations!

NEW FF7CC information...

The PSP game Before Crisis: Final Fantasy VII will be centered around four characters: Zack, Aeris, and two male characters yet to be identified. The game will implement voice acting, a materia creation system, and the abilities of Shinra's SOLDIER members.

I betting one of those to characters is Sephiroth and the other...hmmmmmmmm.
For some reason I still don't think its Cloud, but who else could it be? Maybe Hojo?

Does anyone know what a Materia Creation System is?

Last edited by Tiny Bronco; 06-12-2006 at 04:26 PM.
Tiny Bronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2006, 08:13 AM   #19

wakka
Cactuar Thorn

I have heard about it ans it sounds cool
wakka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2006, 01:56 AM   #20
richboywonder
Swordmaster

Exclamation New FFVII on psp

anyone heard the new FFVII on psp.it's called Crisis Core:final fantasy VII
richboywonder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2006, 02:19 AM   #21
Zeromus_X
Master Summoner

Re: New FFVII on psp

Yes, it's part of the Compilation of Final Fantasy VII.
Zeromus_X is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2006, 02:29 AM   #22
richboywonder
Swordmaster

i just heard it last week.does everyone now about it.
richboywonder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2006, 03:22 AM   #23
Zeromus_X
Master Summoner

It's been news for some time now, actually.
Old 07-19-2006, 03:29 AM   #24
iwantapickle
T-Rexuar Snack

I have heard nothing about this, however i have heard something about them remaking final fantasy VII for the playstation 3. I've seen a tech demo of that on the opening scene of the game as far as what the graphics are going to look like. It looks just like the graphics from advent children except hey kind of look a tad younger.
iwantapickle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2006, 03:33 AM   #25
Zeromus_X
Master Summoner

Square-Enix has no current plans for a remake of Final Fantasy VII.

And yes, the Crisis Core is (yet another...) FFVII spin-off game. It's been announced for awhile; but since I don't really have interest in all these spin-offs I don't know much about it. I think it involves the Turks during the Wutai War or something.
Old 07-19-2006, 03:34 AM   #26

Griever
He is legend

Send a message via MSN to Griever

Are you sure zero? I've seen this techinal demo as well..
Old 07-19-2006, 03:38 AM   #27
Zeromus_X
Master Summoner

Yeah, but that's all it is. A technical demo showing off the graphical capabilies of the PS3. Square's stance on a remake is basically 'Yeah, it'd be nice to make a remake, but we have other things to do right now and it'd take alot of work to create a remake'. Square hasn't even made any official statements of a remake in progress, so there really isn't any reason to believe there will be one, yet.

Of course, a remake does sound fantastic, but there really isn't any word of one being made yet.

Anyway, on-topic, does anyone have any more info on this Crisis Core? I'm not up to speed with the sea of spin-offs SE seems to have enjoyed working one recently.
Old 07-19-2006, 03:42 AM   #28

Griever
He is legend

I'll read up on it, if i find out anything more about it i will post it here.

Edit:
Here is some more info on it-

Square Enix is bringing this role-playing game to the PSP as part of their Compilation of Final Fantasy VII series.
Name: Crisis Core: Final Fantasy VII
By: Square Enix
Genre: Action Role-Playing
Release Date: TBA

Crisis Core - Final Fantasy VII [working title] will be an action RPG, and it is currently slated to release in early 2006. The game will be produced by Yoshinori Kitase, who directed the original 1997 game. Tabata Hajime, who directed Before Crisis - Final Fantasy VII, the mobile phone Compilation game, will direct Crisis Core. The character designs will again be the work of Tetsuya Nomura, who designed the characters for FFVII, FFVIII, FFX, and the Kingdom Hearts series, among other Square Enix games.

Crisis Core: Final Fantasy VII Preshow Report
Square Enix showed off what it called a "Compilation of Final Fantasy VII," which is a collection of products set in the Final Fantasy VII universe. One of the titles shown was Crisis Core: Final Fantasy VII, a spin-off for the PlayStation Portable that focuses on the role Soldier and Sephiroth played in Project Genesis--specifically the character of Zack. Square Enix showed a lengthy trailer for the game, and we're bringing you the details.

Crisis Core is a prequel to Final Fantasy VII that tells the story of Zack, a young recruit working for Soldier, the elite private military of the Shinra Corporation. Zack is eager to prove himself and achieve first rank in the organization. However, an older character who seems to be somewhat of a mentor to Zack tries to temper the young fighter's eagerness.

The trailer showed lots of heated discussions between Zack and this other character, and eventually Sephiroth came into the picture. Sephiroth is a legendary soldier, and Zack vows to be even stronger. Eventually Zack and Sephiroth meet and Project Genesis is mentioned, and it seems to be a point of contention within the organization.

Very little actual gameplay was shown in the trailer, but from what we did see, it seems that the game is very action-oriented. The combat sequences are fast, and we saw several moments where Zack jumped from one enemy to another, slashing with his sword as well as using a gun.

There was no sign of Cloud in the game, but Sephiroth made several appearances. Most notable was the sequence that closed the trailer, which showed Zack and Sephiroth battling with swords. The two clashed blades and Zack vowed to defeat Sephiroth, but of course Sephiroth would have none of that, and he effortlessly flung the young soldier aside.

Crisis Core is still currently in development, but both the rendered cinematics and the in-game footage look sharp. The world is dark and sterile, much like the headquarters of the Shinra corporation in Midgar in the original Final Fantasy VII. We'll bring you more details as soon as they become available, but for now, be sure to take a look at our gamespace for some brand-new screenshots of the game.

Screenshots:

Those are the only screens i can find for it, and about all the information on it...i tried to go to the teaser site, but it's in japanese. This will have to do for now.

Last edited by Griever; 07-19-2006 at 04:26 AM.
Griever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2006, 04:36 AM   #29

ultimecia
Moogle Farmer

Send a message via MSN to ultimecia

but why would they want to have ffVII on psp when its already been released on playstation ages ago they should make a new ff instead of wasting their time on re-releasing them on the psp

oh the crisis core sorry didnt see that good idea whats it about isnt one about vincent?

Last edited by Zeromus_X; 07-19-2006 at 04:41 AM.
ultimecia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2006, 04:37 AM   #30

Griever
He is legend

It's not a remake, it's a spin off...more like a prequal, read the information and look at the screenshots.