Forums | RPG | Guild

Go Back   Final Fantasy Network > General > Serious Discussion and Debates
Community Mark Forums Read

Serious Discussion and Debates For serious subjects. Curent events, news, religion, politics and science. As this is a debate forum posts in here MUST HAVE at least 20 words and be relevent to the discussion.

Old 01-17-2008, 01:46 AM   #16

Shinra Soldier 1
Chocobo Jockey

Send a message via ICQ to Shinra Soldier 1
Re: A cure for homosexuality?

haha that's crazy. That would mean god was a little murderer, a homosexual, a devil worshiper (at this point if this were a computer it would explode after I typed that) and all the other bad things (well homosexuality isn't bad in my eyes, but if you called god gay, that wouldn't be good.) They say god is all knowing and all powerful, well if he were all knowing, then wouldn't he know he was going to build people who would build satanists and evil-doers? We have free will right? Well what about predestination? Doesn't he have the big plan where he knows where we'll all go? So if he's all knowing, there can't be predestination, and vice versa, therefore god doesn't know what's going to happen in many cases and is therefore not all powerful either
Old 01-17-2008, 12:05 PM   #17

blackstar
Headbanger For Life

Off topic but you speak of Satanists as "evil" like they are bad people I believe that is a horrible sterotype. Most true Satanists are very law abiding people. And I myself consider myself a heretic so do you consider me "evil" and bad as well.
blackstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2008, 12:31 AM   #18

Yoko Kurama
With a shattered heart...

Oi.... Here goes the religious bit...

PS.... KB, you are my new hero...
Yoko Kurama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2008, 02:16 AM   #19

kb-sama
Master Summoner

Send a message via AIM to kb-sama

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yoko Kurama View Post
Oi.... Here goes the religious bit...

PS.... KB, you are my new hero...
Realy? i just feel that gays are just as good as strights or better even...i'm not sure witch i am anymore....

"I Have No Idea Whats Go'in on"
kb-sama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2008, 06:35 PM   #20

Shinra Soldier 1
Chocobo Jockey

Actually , devil worshiper was never spoken as a bad thing in my sentences that i could find. The devil/satan is the opposite of god, which is why god would not enjoy them mkay? With that in mind, re-read my post please
Old 02-03-2008, 03:57 AM   #21

white mage
Chocobo Jockey

Send a message via Yahoo to white mage

I think that is completely wrong. They shouldnt be wastin it on crap like that. God is racist, sexist, and everything-else I dont know the word for-ist!!! I dont understand why humans worship Him....

Love me.
Hate me.
Just stay out of my way.
white mage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2008, 04:55 AM   #22

Shinra Soldier 1
Chocobo Jockey

Yeah me either, I mean churches just overexert themselves on god, it's an obsession, which is scary in it's own way. You don't need to go to church to love god, whatsoever. People are just taught this from birth that they should go to church every sunday, especially in America
Old 02-03-2008, 05:42 AM   #23

Phoenix Flame
Go Umbarbar do my bidding

Send a message via MSN to Phoenix Flame

The truth is - this is sick: no matter what way you slice it. Whether or not God is brought into the picture. Mankind has no right fiddling w/life. This just goes to show how irresponsible man can be. But another point I would like to make is that God loves homosexuals the same as he loves born-again Christians. We're all sinners and fall WAY short of perfection. I don't look down/with contempt on anyone because of their orientation, their religious beliefs (or lack thereof) or their appearance. I mean, I HAVE, when I didn't know any better. But when you realize what it means to love someone - regardless of who they are or what they've done - even to YOU - you understand what LOVE truely means. Our societies have stripped the meaning of the word away because we 'love' our pets, parents, significant other, God, home, freedom, individualism...blah blah blah. I'm not saying that you DON'T love any of those things...just that the word is thrown around so much we almost say it at times without even thinking of what it implies.

BTW KB: Those 'Christians' you were talking about - many of them are brainwashed by MAN-MADE religious beliefs to think that God hates homosexuals - He doesn't. He hates sin. Period.

WM: I don't think you understand what God is like at all, but rather have had the world tell you what it thinks He's like, instead of finding out for yourself.

And Shinra Soldier: I agree with you that you don't need to go to any building to worship and serve God, but that He would rather we live our lives in reverance to Him - giving him the respect/admiration that He deserves.

That's all I have to say about this topic.
You only get one shot at life. Follow your heart.
Phoenix Flame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2008, 11:57 PM   #24

Shinra Soldier 1
Chocobo Jockey

I don't agree that we are all sinners, or that we should attempt to say what we believe god thinks, no one really could know what god would think no one even knows what he looks like, we only get word of mouth about god and what he or she supposedly has done from people of ages long past. Unless I am told by him directly, I am NOT a sinner, so don't try to classify me just so I can be another page in your religious beliefs.
Old 02-05-2008, 10:39 AM   #25

white mage
Chocobo Jockey

I agree. Its a curiosity. Why do we worship Him when all he says is that we are pathetic and His enemy, but if we rebel, as His enemies, we shall be punished. The only way to become His allies is to worship him, which does have some logic in it, but he says that we are sinners and dirt and everything, and then we still worship Him? I find that odd. Plus, human nature isnt sin, it seems to be a natural rebellious instinct.

Love me.
Hate me.
Just stay out of my way.
Old 02-05-2008, 09:08 PM   #26

Shinra Soldier 1
Chocobo Jockey

Yes I totally agree with what you are saying about how the statements contradict one another! The religions we experience are only the product of mankind, used to keep ancient peoples (who did not fear punishment or death as we do today) in line and to follow their rules and beliefs, and to lie to them so the governments can do what they wish! It's a way to sidetrack individuals and keep them out of the way of business. Now I am not against religions because I feel there can be a god, it's just I choose not to believe a person who gets paid to preach about god : P
Old 02-07-2008, 06:55 AM   #27

Phoenix Flame
Go Umbarbar do my bidding

Send a message via MSN to Phoenix Flame

RELIGION as a whole is a man-made thing - this is true.

SPIRITUALITY on the other hand focuses on the individual at hand. It stresses the condition of one's heart and soul before God. The issue isn't do you know ABOUT God...it becomes: Do you KNOW God. Its about relationship. The only way you can have a relationship with God is to have a relationship with His only Son - Jesus Christ.

If you're interested, I'm going to be writing more about that in the 'Ask about...God?!' thread shortly.

...oh, BTW: I don't get paid to speak my mind about my faith. But somehow I doubt that matters to people.

In the future, let's try to keep the discussion on-topic, as we seem to have strayed a little off-course. This thread is about sexuality, and science's pathetic attempt to manipulate nature.
You only get one shot at life. Follow your heart.
Phoenix Flame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2008, 08:27 AM   #28
Luis
ˇˇ Fresón rebelde ˇˇ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phoenix Flame View Post
In the future, let's try to keep the discussion on-topic, as we seem to have strayed a little off-course. This thread is about sexuality, and science's pathetic attempt to manipulate nature.
I came to post the same thing, but Phoenix already said it. Please keep the discussion subjects on topic. There're some other threads to talk about religion already.
Old 02-07-2008, 09:28 AM   #29

white mage
Chocobo Jockey

I apologize. But sexuality does have a lot to do with religion, at least the 'bad part' of it. The only major arguement against homosexuality is that it goes against the Christian's God.

Love me.
Hate me.
Just stay out of my way.
Old 02-07-2008, 01:48 PM   #30
Luis
ˇˇ Fresón rebelde ˇˇ

You're wrong. That's not "the only major argument".
In this case sexuality does not have anything to do with religion. There are many people who are not believers and still think homosexuality is a wrong thing, because it is 'against the human nature'.

So as I said, please keep the conversation on topic.