Forums | RPG | Guild

Go Back   Final Fantasy Network > General > RPG Stories > The Story of Palis
Community Mark Forums Read

The Story of Palis A continuing story of worlds trapped in war, where their only hope are Heroes from other worlds.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 07-14-2009, 11:47 PM   #1

~Hidan~
Highwind Pilot

Send a message via ICQ to ~Hidan~ Send a message via AIM to ~Hidan~ Send a message via MSN to ~Hidan~ Send a message via Yahoo to ~Hidan~
The temple was cold, dry and very old. Ashlyn stood and looked around her, a huge temple of the air god, but nothing like hers. She could hear a monks voice coming closer; she quickly raced up the side of the shrine wall freezing the sweat in her hands to stick to the walls.

“I admit that I saw the light come through the temple glyph but I don’t see anyone here.” The priest said to another that followed him close.

Ashlyn was surprised to hear them speaking the same language she used, even though the writing was far different from her own. She dropped down silently and calmly walked up. “I think I might have been that light you saw.”

The second monk screamed and backed away pointing but not saying a thing. The other stood still and looked over Ashlyn. ”I see, you don’t look like you’re from here.”

“I don’t even know where here is.” She said looking around. “But sure is beautiful!”

“Where are you from then?” The monk said standing still and calm.

“Devilvain Mountain! I don’t think that’s on this planet though, I don’t sense anyone else like me here.” Ashlyn’s tail swished back and forth as she looked around the room.

“Are your people good or evil?” The monk swallowed hard.

“My people, hmm my race is a very violent and powerful race that kills mercilessly and has no better sense of justice then their own honor and pride, damn them all! Kicked me out! Why…….” Ashlyn said falling to her knees and crying near the air god statue.

“Why did you get kicked out?” The Monk asked.

“You see my Silver hair? It’s the mark of a healer, a wind and water user. Only there is no water in my home world, its forbidden because of the threat water and wind have to fire and earth. I was banished and raised by air monks. The only peaceful remnant of my world.” Ashlyn said between sobs.

The statue of Shu’s eyes began to glow. “Listen my child, that world tested you for this one, you will face many hardships here, but you will find happiness, friends, and a reason for life here.” Shu spoke, and then went back to normal.

“Not in a thousand years has a god spoken.” The monk said grabbing Ashlyn’s arm. “No god has spoken to an outsider ever! You must have a purpose, please we must allow you to stay here as our guests till your ready to go.”

“Thank you!” Ashlyn said. “My name is Ashlyn, but I go by Lyn.”

Last edited by ~Hidan~; 01-12-2013 at 02:37 PM.
~Hidan~ is offline   Reply With Quote