Forums | RPG | Guild

Go Back   Final Fantasy Network > Final Fantasy Discussion > Final Fantasy VII
Community Mark Forums Read

Final Fantasy VII The Legendary Final Fantasy! Come talk about this classic Hit from 1997

Old 11-23-2005, 06:52 PM   #1

Phoenix Flame
Go Umbarbar do my bidding

Send a message via MSN to Phoenix Flame
Exclamation Ff Vii Theories

Hey all. New to the site, just wanted to say Hi. Has anyone got some good or unique theories about FFVII or Advent Children? I would especially like to hear about what you think about Jenova
To get you started, I'll propose a question. Do you believe that Sephiroth was continueing Jenova's mahem by trying to become one with the planet, or was he being manipulated by Jenova???
Phoenix Flame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2005, 08:01 PM   #2

Gumdrop
Highwind Pilot

Re: Ff Vii Theories

hey welcome

Personaly I think he was being manipulated but he was also partly acting for himself, he had a lot of hatered and lust for power which was a large part of what drove him to summon meteor.
Gumdrop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2005, 03:01 AM   #3
Zeromus_X
Master Summoner

Quote:
Originally Posted by reasoniamalive
Hey all. New to the site, just wanted to say Hi. Has anyone got some good or unique theories about FFVII or Advent Children? I would especially like to hear about what you think about Jenova
To get you started, I'll propose a question. Do you believe that Sephiroth was continueing Jenova's mahem by trying to become one with the planet, or was he being manipulated by Jenova???
ive often wondered about the whole jenova controlling sephy thing...i mean, i guess it could be true, but there isnt any concrete proof supporting it. still...it wouldve been alot better if jenova were the final boss of ffVII! it (she?) just looks like a better final boss. (IMO)
Zeromus_X is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2005, 05:28 PM   #4

Phoenix Flame

I having a difficult time believing that Jenova would be a better final boss than Sephiroth...He is, after all, portrayed throughout the entire game as being almost invincible. He's a pushover,- no one can match Cloud's team right?

Well, how about a quick question about Advent Children then...?

- I posted this on another forum as well...but I've been racking my brain trying to think of the relationship between Jenova, Geostigma, and the Lifestream. I was recalling Jenova's abilities/powers to manipulate it's form, speech, appearance, and others. I thought about the control and indirect conduction into the mind of Cloud. And I thought about how it's will had survived over the course of a couple thousand years. So I thought, and I thought. Here's what I came up with.
Geostima is caused by a contamination of the lifestream, and of the blood of those who possess cells from Jenova. Since it was frozen before in the ice fields, it's will/spirit energy did not have a chance to dissipate into the lifestream. However, once President Shin-Ra and Hojo used Jenova in all kinds of experiments - including trying to clone Sephiroth and with members of Soldier - people were born from that contaminated spirit energy and those still alive living with Jenova's cells in their bods were suseptible to it also.
I think this is supportded by Iflana's statement "...then it (Jenova) gave them the virus and many Cetra died." - How does this add up to everyone else???
Old 11-25-2005, 07:42 PM   #5
Zeromus_X
Master Summoner

ive only seen the movie half way, but most people think that the geostigma is the body trying to fight jenova cells. (in fact, i think vincent explains it in the movie, ill have to watch it again.)

*SPOILERS?*

so, if jenova was trying to take over the planet, maybe she tried putting her cells in the ancient's bodies? interesting to think about.

well, jenova just seems more of a legendary figure to me, thats why i think she wouldve made a better final enemy, but thats just my opinion. (it wouldve been awesome if it turned out she was really controlling sephiroth but, I cant very well go back in time and change the games storyline, can i? )
Old 11-25-2005, 10:09 PM   #6

Phoenix Flame

True, "...the virus" is kinda vague if you ask me. Still, it makes no sense that no one got sick up until the point Cloud and the team put a stop to it. If you can Zeromus_X, can you send me a private message once you watch the movie again and tell me what you found out - It would be much appreciated.

--- Also, if anyone knows where I can find a script of the movie online I'd much appreciate it! I found one once but only got about 1/4 way through it and had to run. Of course, like an idiot, I didn't save it
Old 12-03-2005, 04:49 PM   #7
Zeromus_X
Master Summoner

i should be able to watch it at my friends house, he has cox for internet, so hes actually able to download a 700 megabyte file...in less than an hour.

the girl with the movie keeps ditching school, so we cant watch it at anime club! :mad: maybe next meeting shell have it...or i could try and buy my own...but the comic book store ran out of the hong kong dvds...gr...i guess ill just have to go to atomic comics...

with my dial up, downloading it isnt a possibility...
Old 12-04-2005, 04:11 AM   #8

Phoenix Flame

How would you download it? Is there a website where you can download it with english subtitles???
Old 12-04-2005, 04:17 AM   #9
Zeromus_X
Master Summoner

well, im not sure i could tell you (even if i knew) but youll have to use a file sharing program (bittorent, limewire, morpheus, etc) and get it. but...they are VERY large files. 700mb+!

or you could just buy the dvd...
Old 12-04-2005, 04:18 AM   #10

Phoenix Flame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeromus_X
well, im not sure i could tell you (even if i knew) but youll have to use a file sharing program (bittorent, limewire, morpheus, etc) and get it. but...they are VERY large files. 700mb+!

or you could just buy the dvd...

I C. I suppose I'll wait. Thanks Zeromus_X
Old 12-04-2005, 11:44 AM   #11
gcarev10
Master Thief

Virus by mako, and he act on his own because he became mad and full of pain and heate all who is versus Jenova and old civilization.
gcarev10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2005, 05:46 PM   #12

Phoenix Flame

Quote:
Originally Posted by gcarev10
Virus by mako, and he act on his own because he became mad and full of pain and heate all who is versus Jenova and old civilization.

I don't believe that the virus comes from Mako or... the Lifestream directly. But rather, Jenova's polluting the lifestream from within. The question would be: Why didn't Jenova's will/cells/spirit energy affect anyone else? The answer must lie in the fact that she was found frozen in the snow plains I guess...frozen alive by the Ancients??? Or perhaps after Cloud and the gang defeated it for the final time in the Northern cavern, maybe that was the first time its life energy was dissipated...a lot to think about here.
Old 12-12-2005, 09:06 PM   #13

Black Mage
Vivi's Minder

Does anyone know when Dirge of Cerbrus comes out for ps2? j/w....sorry for changing the subject. lol

Someone looked into a black Mage's eyes and saw something. They didn't see a monster but, they saw monster who needed a friend.

Visit the Black Mage Guild for more stories.
Black Mage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2005, 04:01 AM   #14

Phoenix Flame

No idea...but you may want to check www.gamefaqs.com

Have you seen A.C. yet BM?

...and please post relevant questions in the forum your in.