Forums | RPG | Guild

Go Back   Final Fantasy Network > General > Serious Discussion and Debates
Community Mark Forums Read

Serious Discussion and Debates For serious subjects. Curent events, news, religion, politics and science. As this is a debate forum posts in here MUST HAVE at least 20 words and be relevent to the discussion.

Old 07-05-2006, 09:46 AM   #46

Greendragon
Moogle Farmer

Send a message via AIM to Greendragon
Re: Girls and self defence.

*.....hmm...* yep rape in new york is pretty high.. pretty sick stuff..i hate how people objectify women here. its disturbing..they started teaching self defence in out gym classes too, mostly for girls but its open for everyone...get on aim stair.....

http://www.ffnet.net/forum/showthread.php?t=1098&page=1&pp=15
Greendragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2006, 05:49 PM   #47
richboywonder
Swordmaster

you can look nice but you can be pure evil on the outside or inside.
richboywonder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2006, 08:14 PM   #48

Zeon
Master Thief

Location: where the tonberry lies, i'll be there, where the sea meets the sands, i'll be there...hell :)
Send a message via MSN to Zeon

im actually english so i dont know what its like in america. i knew it was bad but tht poll rate from earlier was just sickening. i couldnt even begin to imagine why someone even with a twisted childhood would wanna do tht. where im from i can walk around at night free and safe without a care and sometimes i feel so lucky. but a couple years ago i went around my local towny place and there was a group of idoitic 18 year olds just walking about drinking and smoking. they came over anf started having ago about "hey this our area get out" and i was on about public rights and stuff and one of them hit me from behind and knocked me down. i was on the floor getting to my knees and one of them kicked me in the stomach. after tht i got angry and when another one tried the same i grabbed his leg and stuck my teeth into it. his blood did not taste ncie i can assure u.....anyway i got up and basically did the same thing tht the guy was trying to do to me and the others just took one look at me and left........i was lucky. they could have easily taken me out but becoz they were drunk they wernt so aware of how scrawny i was back then. i never leave the house at tht time of night without defence (eg knife) HOWEVER if think tht having a gun is a bad idea. think if ur parents can hold of a gun tht easy then whats stopping the rapists and murderers getting one too? nothing thts what. the only weapons i can get hold of is garden tools and display blades (eg sets of 3 blunt aluminium samuri blades) which are pretty useless really.....

anywayz ending off i just wanna say not knowing whats its like im sorry tht its tht bad in the areas u live. in a way it can be the same here but most the time its sound. self defence is most certainly the way to go and only when we fight back against these sons-of-b*tches will we ever truely be safer in our areas and around the globe
Zeon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2007, 04:50 AM   #49

Phoenix Flame
Go Umbarbar do my bidding

Send a message via MSN to Phoenix Flame

Now-a-days its great to know self defense...no matter who you are.
You only get one shot at life. Follow your heart.
Phoenix Flame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2007, 06:03 PM   #50

Marius
Highwind Captain

Send a message via ICQ to Marius Send a message via AIM to Marius Send a message via MSN to Marius Send a message via Yahoo to Marius

it's important to be defensive especially if u live in a bad area.i too have had some times where i had too defend myself.i live in a bad area myself and also had got myself in a pretty bad relationship to say the least.i had to learn my lesson the hard way. it's not an easy way to deal with ignorant people. but there r those moments when u gotta handle a situation.some times its our of your control and u may have no choice but to protect yourself.
Old 06-13-2007, 01:29 AM   #51

Darkreno
Gunblade Expert

yes marius u should kno ur a forth degree blackbelt . u can whoop my butt no kidding. but then again i'll never hit a lady.especially marius(well i couldn't even if i tried lol)
Old 08-27-2007, 11:41 AM   #52

Shinra Soldier 1
Chocobo Jockey

Send a message via ICQ to Shinra Soldier 1

Wait, I thought this was about self defense? I have been in martial arts a while and was looking to share my knowledge haha!
Old 09-03-2007, 05:28 PM   #53

Darkreno
Gunblade Expert

omg you too well at least you & marius have something in common..sheesh if dal ill lady wanted to she could fold me up like a pretzel and well.....you get my point. but yeah this threads about women & self defence. which i happen to believe now adays they rly need it. cuz theres a lot of wakko's out there.