Forums | RPG | Guild

Go Back   Final Fantasy Network > Final Fantasy Discussion > Final Fantasy Game Information
Community Mark Forums Read

Final Fantasy Game Information This forum is for information on the FF games. Walkthroughs, screenshots, cheats and tips, game summaries ect.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 02-17-2007, 02:29 PM   #1
Slider
Master Summoner

Thumbs up The FF8 tip page

Cool, I thought I should start this;
Anyways for all posters just post any random (but useful) tips for ff8 and plz no cheats because this isn't for a specific platform!
So here's some of my junk (always questionnable for modifications, this includes any of my posts):

The Begining:

- I remember that when you first start the game, make GF Quezacotl learn Mag-J, that way you can easily draw 9 magics each time and stock up fast + improve your junction stuff + have a good Mag Stat if you'll cast magic
- Take care of your GF, if you leave it it will learn bad abilities (you get diffrent abilities depending on the order of abilities the GF is learning) and you'll have a low compatibility with that GF meaning the summoning will take longer in battles.
- The beloved Doom ability of Shiva can't be learnned at least before she's level 10 or better and after learning many other abilities (it usually appears as the last ability)
- Um...use Shiva against Ifrit for big time damage
- Use Quezacotl on the X-ATM092, and junction Thunder/Thundara to your elemental attack, generaly the realistic battle features makes every machine weak against Thunder and every human ( Soldiers, Seifer, Raijin etc) weak against Poison

General tips:

- Both GFs Cactuar and Bahamut's attacks ignore all defenses, so use them against opponents hard to damage like Giants, Behemothes, Turtapods etc........
- CC Card Quest: After becoming a SeeD you can start this quest (in the same order) by challenging Jack, he's the SeeD in Garden's main hall. Then there's Club the guy walking at the upper side of the Garden (usually out of or into the Parking Lot or the Dorms), the Diamond twins are the two in the main hall that walk and stop in front of the directory, Spade is the guy on the 2nd floor hallway who gives you 7 cards to start with, Xu is Heart and Quistis is the King, but to get to her talk -i'm not sure if you should also beat- Dr. Kadowaki then go in your room and rest to meet King Quistis who'll wake you and challenge you to a card game....finaly Joker is the item seller in the Training Center but he appears randomly after you take the door on the right side, doing this quest will get the CC group on Ragnarock after Time Compression so you can play against them again (explainned later below)
- There's a hidden free Ultima draw point at Mayor Dobe's house, it's in the top floor next to that funny machine on the right, that'll save you the 5k gils you pay in the Shumi Tribe entrance to access the other Draw Point in there.

Golden Tips:

1- Best Magics Tip: An awesome tip is that the best magics can be found on the Heaven and Hell islands, they are the islands to furthest right and left of the World Map respectively,(remember that Draw Points are on the World Map can't be seen even with Siren's Move-Find ability), just run around (preferably with Diablos' Enc-None junctionned if you're not lookin for a fight) pressing "action" and you'll find the best magics like: Ultima, Meteor, Triple, Full-Life, Holy, Quake n all the good stuff!
That'll save you the Mayor Dobe visit (IF you had the Ragnarock)bet you're ecstatic now
2- All Cards Tip: I don't think you can get all the cards in the game since you have to sacrifice some to get others (like Ifrit to get Rinoa and those you give to the Card Queen) so instead, do the CC Card Quest. Then after Time Compression, when you're climbing a huge chain on the way to Ultimecia's Castle, you'll find 3 floating portals on your left, get close and use "action" to jump to any of them, one will lead you to the thick eastern forest of Esthar (I think it's the gate in the highest position), look around and you'll find a big bush in the forest "Yeh you're right it's the Chocobo Forest" Anyways, do your stuff to ride a Chocobo out of it and head south as much as you can. Somewhere in the far south you'll find water shallow enough to cross from Esthar to Centra continent look around in the sand desert and you'll find your beloved Ragnarock, a better surprise is that the CC Card Group are all inside and survived Time Compression, an even better surprise is that they've got all the powerful cards you're missing, but the big pay-off is that they have an infinity of them!
You see there can only be 1 Squall card in the world but if you have it and refine it into an item, Voila! you can win another one from them and so on have as much as you desire of refined cards (Note: I'm not sure they have the Pupu card since I never got it from them, but then again I haven't done the Pupu quest at that time either )
3- Stats Tip: Here's my take on the Devour ability (some enemies you devour increase your health or poison you, this is my guide for those who permanently increase your stat) it's not much but it's what i know:
T-Rexaurs are known for their strength, so have one to increase yours by 1
Ruby Dragons give you +10 HP
Adamantoise give +1 to Vitality
Malboros give +1 spirit

- A tip's tip: Why is the previous tip useful you ask? because if you have already high stat then you don't need to junction most of the powerful magic or junction them for something else Ex: (Ultima is the best Str booster, but with high Str you can use it as Elem-Def +100% to each element if you have 100 Ultimas, even better if you max out your character's stat and junction other character abilities than Str 60%, HP 80% and so on!
4- The Extreme tip: To have the most invincible charcters in the game (after mine) manipulate the junction system (but not like those jerk say) I mean use Amnesia Greens (bought from Timber Petshop) on your GFs to make them forget their unneeded abilities and using items or making them from Eden's GFAbl Med-RF to teach them whatever your heart desires!

If you followed those previous golden tips you'll have ultimate characters with the ultimate GFs and abilities along with the ultimate magics and items to use

That's it for now and PEACE!

Last edited by Slider; 02-21-2007 at 06:15 PM.
Slider is offline   Reply With Quote