Forums | RPG | Guild

Go Back   Final Fantasy Network > General > Off-Topic
Community Mark Forums Read

Off-Topic All things related to anything that doesn’t have to do with Final Fantasy should be posted here. (Keep it clean or be banned.)

Closed Thread

Old 04-19-2007, 07:09 PM   #1

Gackt Camui
Master Summoner

Send a message via MSN to Gackt Camui Send a message via Yahoo to Gackt Camui
Those lovely mods and admins

I don't know if anybody else feels this way. But I thought I would bring it up anyways. Okay...this isn't directed to every single mod and admin out there... but some and I hope you know who you are. But most likely not because you are to busy abusing your power so yeah. Why is it whenever one of us "minions" maybe go off topic or have a sig a little to big etc. We get chewed out for it? But if the mods or admins, especially admins, are to do something like that, and any body besides another mod or admin brings it up, which they won't because they do the samething, they can get away with it? Does that seem the least bit fair to any of you?
Old 04-19-2007, 07:41 PM   #2
Luis
·· Fresón rebelde ··

Re: Those lovely mods and admins

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gackt Camui
I don't know if anybody else feels this way. But I thought I would bring it up anyways. Okay...this isn't directed to every single mod and admin out there... but some and I hope you know who you are. But most likely not because you are to busy abusing your power so yeah. Why is it whenever one of us "minions" maybe go off topic or have a sig a little to big etc. We get chewed out for it? But if the mods or admins, especially admins, are to do something like that, and any body besides another mod or admin brings it up, which they won't because they do the samething, they can get away with it? Does that seem the least bit fair to any of you?
Let me see...

I don't know which Mods or Administrators do you refer. Well, I actually think I know which Administrator do you refer to, 'cuz there're only two, and I've just read your answer to a recent thread posted by an Administrator. Correct me if I'm wrong.

Rules must be obeyed, and the Mods/Administrators are the ones who have to do it. I don't think any mod/administrator is doing something against the rules.

And, could you please tell me (or PM if you want it) who are the Mods/Administrators that are abusing their power? 'Cuz I don't think anyone did it.

Our work is to keep the site clean, and that involves removing too big sigs, moving threads to their corresponding sections, taking action to those who post against the rules...
So might you be more specific?
Old 04-19-2007, 07:51 PM   #3

Gackt Camui
Master Summoner

Luis! They were being obey. Off topic specifically states that it can be anything not having to do with FF right!? Well we did exactly that. Spam is leaving it open for somebody to change the topic randomly. We did not do that with the pics. And I want to know why they were put in the spam section. It doesn't make any sense. The pictures were fine where they were at. No other mod or admin had a problem with them until Arkacia came along. Tell me what was wrong with posting the pics in off topic when...it doesn't state anywhere that you can't...and we stayed on topic. Why were they moved. When you give me a good answer. I'll stop!
Old 04-19-2007, 08:04 PM   #4
Luis
·· Fresón rebelde ··

Oh, THAT you mean... XD
Hi Gackt, I think I answered you in the othre thread! XD
However, why is that bad that the thread is moved to Spamtastic?
I don't think Spam is left only for changing a thread randomly, but to post there those that don't have much discussion in it too. (...such as... posting pics? )

So that's the reason for redirecting the thread there. Why are you so upset anyway? The thread is open but in another section... so I don't really see the problem at all.

P.S.: About the title of the thread... yeah, I know I'm lovely.
XD
Old 04-19-2007, 08:13 PM   #5

Gackt Camui
Master Summoner

Because I really don't like that it leaves people you know to go off subject...and seeing how there is nothing that I can do about it...and because its just pics...most admins/mods won't really say anything because most of them don't even read them. I'll just stop. You can like get rid of this if you want. I'll just get over it.
Old 04-19-2007, 08:29 PM   #6
Luis
·· Fresón rebelde ··

If you notice, those threads in Spamtastic that have an specific topic do not go that much off-topic!
As you can see threads such as 'FFNet Bar', 'Which fruit are joo?', or 'Gossip of FFnet' do not have an specific topic! So there we post whatever it comes to our mind!
But check, for example the thread 'Your funniest quote' in which the people didn't go off-topic at all.
Old 04-19-2007, 10:55 PM   #7

Fawkes Lament
Watermelon fruitcake

That all makes sense... And I think I know what set Arkacia off... EC and I BARELY (but still did) mention a video. So, sorry if I was the one who got them moved...

Yay, I broke 500
Old 04-20-2007, 05:55 AM   #8

Arkacia
Gunblade Expert

For heavens sake. No-one got them moved. Those threads are spam, so I moved them to spam. This is really making a mountain out of a molehill.

The rules thread, which I hope you've all read, says spam is not allowed, except in the Spamtastic area of the forum. None of those picture threads are on a discussion subject. This is a discussion area of the forum. That is why they were moved.

Gackt Camui, I understand you are upset, but if you are going to accuse any staff member on this forum, whether me or anyone else, of abusing power, then you had better present some evidence to back that up.
Old 04-20-2007, 08:32 AM   #9

Hydra
3, 2, 1, Let's Jam

Send a message via MSN to Hydra Send a message via Yahoo to Hydra

Quote:
Because I really don't like that it leaves people you know to go off subject...and seeing how there is nothing that I can do about it...and because its just pics...most admins/mods won't really say anything because most of them don't even read them. I'll just stop. You can like get rid of this if you want. I'll just get over it.
It's our job to read them. <3

Hell, even Zeromus used to edit my sig when I first became a moderator, because it was too big. ^^

We usually give out a notice first, so it may persist for a little bit before we actually do anything about it. Ark is right, btw. I don't see anything wrong with us doing our job. If we see the topic is getting out of hand with spam that is unrelated to the topic idea, we move it to Spamtastic.

And, well, that's what she did. =D
Old 04-20-2007, 12:19 PM   #10

Gackt Camui
Master Summoner

Um well Arkacia you have a lot of nerve saying whats spam or not? Are you saying that we couldn't talk about those people we posted pics about? For crying out loud they are singers. We can talk about their past lives, fave music, why we like them and what not. The pictures just represents how much we like them.
Old 04-20-2007, 12:53 PM   #11

Tifa-chan
Gunblade Expert

Send a message via Yahoo to Tifa-chan

I agree with both sides of this here. I do see both sides of this argument, and there is always the good or the bad. As being a Admin and mod on may forums myself, I see why they were moved. However as also a member I see why kelley may be upset.

From the Admin/Mod side: Yes those threads were somewhat spam, and yes they were overlooked for a while. Still there are rules to be followed, that even they must follow. However I can agree that some mods and admins, just like everyone else, get off topic in a general thread, and spam. But hey who dosen't. Life moves on and we all get along right?

From the Members side: Yes there is still much room in those topics for a normal disscussion. However the general section is NOT the disscussion area. It is a GENERAL area were many diffrent threads can be posted. Spam is, really just random things that are what they are.
"Oh look a butterfly!" "I like cats"
I see many of these just random post, and yes I am one who dose it too, and that is why they are spam. A topic with pictures is not nessacaraly spam. There is still disscusion involved as to if you, for say, like the pose in the picture, or I like his hair. Not only is there those type of post, which yes are a form of spam, there is too also, "I personaly like Gackt...." and then go on to explain why you like him, and so on and so forth. So technicly it is not wholy spam, and there for really dose not fit there either.

I guess what I am trying to say is, those topics are hard to cadogorize. As were depending on the topic, it can lean more to spam, or more to a general topic were you can just talk about the normal things. Again like the pictures, you can talk about what you like about the picture, or what you don't. And then it is more of an opion/disscussion, then it is spam. See what I am saying?

My newest sig, please view with much love.
Old 04-20-2007, 12:59 PM   #12

Gackt Camui
Master Summoner

Yeah totally so it belongs there instead of spam or off topic. I like that better. I don't consider Gackt, Miyavi, or Kim to just be a random part of the world. Which is what spam is....anyways. Finally somebody with some common sense! It makes me want to cry tears of joy!
Old 04-20-2007, 01:48 PM   #13

Tifa-chan
Gunblade Expert

Send a message via Yahoo to Tifa-chan

^__^; well I don't know as if you should go that far Kelley. I also think this thing may have just been blown out of porportion on both sides of this whole arguement. But it is good to hear from both sides so that we can reach and agreement that will make everyone happy.

So to Arkacia, I think it would have been a little kinder to just hear kelley out, and she should do the same. Then come to an agreement that works for all. So why don't we just all talk this whole thing over, again, but think about each persons point of veiw, and share thoughts, so that we can come to agreement. Who knows what could happen.

My newest sig, please view with much love.
Old 04-20-2007, 03:51 PM   #14

Arkacia
Gunblade Expert

Quote:
Yeah totally so it belongs there instead of spam or off topic. I like that better. I don't consider Gackt, Miyavi, or Kim to just be a random part of the world. Which is what spam is....anyways. Finally somebody with some common sense! It makes me want to cry tears of joy!
Wait a minute, the reason you are so upset about this is because you think pics of those singers are too good for the spam forum?

It doesn't matter what the pic threads are about. The cat thread, Elvis, The Beatles, The Eagles, Madonna all would have suffered the same fate. A pic thread is a pic thread, no matter what the subject of the pics. All are treated the same, except the member pic thread, which I have already explained about.

Keeping the forum clean is part of my job. If anyone doesn't like that, they are quite free to find another forum. This has really gone too far.

Last edited by Arkacia; 04-20-2007 at 06:07 PM.
Old 04-20-2007, 05:44 PM   #15

Hydra
3, 2, 1, Let's Jam

Send a message via MSN to Hydra Send a message via Yahoo to Hydra

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arkacia
Wait a minute, the reason you are so upset about this is because you think pics of those singers are too good for the spam forum?

It doesn't matter what the pic threads are about. The cat thread, Elvis, The Beatles, The Eagles, Madonna all would have suffered the same fate. A pic thread is a pic thread, no matter what the subject of the pics. All are treated the same.

Keeping the forum clean is part of my job. If anyone doesn't like that, they are quite free to find another forum. This has really gone too far.
It has.

And, I dare say this, but everyone needs to stop making it seem like it's a big deal

My edumacated guess is that Ark moved them because it has pictures, and random ramblings about how much they love the pictures. Via Example:

Quote:
*picture*

WOAH OMG GACKT, SO KEEEWT!

*picture*

Miyavi yavi yavi whoa whoa awesome! Who else likes Miyavi?!

(Other people) ME ME MEEE! AWESOME!
^
l

That, is spam. You can consider it anyway, but that is indeed spam. See this?

Quote:
Yeah I am sure he is. I will have to check him out sometime. Anyways. I want to buy Gackt cds. And now that paypal exists. I can make that possible! lol. First I need a job
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fawkes Lament
I'm agreeing with you and I am the same as blackstar!!!
Not meaning to put you guys on the spot, but that is spam. There's more in the topic. That's in the Miyavi picture thread, BTW.

What we're doing is putting the topics in the appropriate sections. Off-Topic isn't a place for *picture* *picture* *picture*, and random on topic and off-the-topic comments. It's a place where you can make Non Final Fantasy topics, with no spam.

Does that clear up a little bit? ^_^

Last edited by Hydra; 04-20-2007 at 06:10 PM.
Closed Thread