Forums | RPG | Guild

Go Back   Final Fantasy Network > Final Fantasy Discussion > Final Fantasy VII
Community Mark Forums Read

Final Fantasy VII The Legendary Final Fantasy! Come talk about this classic Hit from 1997

Old 08-05-2005, 12:29 AM   #1
FFVII FREAK
T-Rexuar Snack

carob nuts

where to i find the monsters that carry these???????????Nothing will attack me in the forest surronding bone village(where chole suggests you look) Is there something i'm missing here
FFVII FREAK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2005, 12:43 AM   #2
Zeromus_X
Master Summoner

Re: carob nuts

oh gosh...i dont remember the name of the monster, but its this red lizard thingy , with like 33,333 hp , or something (way too much for a normal monster)
there should be a good faq/walkthrough on either www.gamefaqs.com or www.gamewinners.com. you should try those. but im sure someone here can tell you (lots and lots of ff7 fans)
Zeromus_X is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2005, 02:45 AM   #3

Arkacia
Gunblade Expert

I can't remember the name of the red lizardy raptor type things either, but they're not in the forest. I found them on the grassy area outside Bone villiage. Its only a small strip of land and you need to do a lot of walking back and forth to find them.
Old 08-05-2005, 06:50 AM   #4

ShadowHeart
Master Summoner

Send a message via MSN to ShadowHeart

Can't remember the name either , but I always fight them in the grassy area surrounding Chocobo Sage's house. They appear in about 1/4-1/3 of all the battles (just an estimate) in that area. Just stay on the grass, I'm not sure they can appear on the snow (possibly, but I don't know).
Memories will fade
ShadowHeart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2005, 03:40 PM   #5
Zeromus_X
Master Summoner

i remember encountering one on an island...but once again, i dont know where! it was like a tiny island...probably near bone village or wutai. then again, i never bothered doing the whole chocobo thing
Zeromus_X is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2005, 06:37 PM   #6

Arkacia
Gunblade Expert

You hav'ent done the breeding and racing chocobo's? Thats one of the best parts of the game .

You can win some very good stuff in the chocobo races, and its fun to breed a good gold and watch it leave the rest of the field for dust. I've had a couple who win the lower ranked races almost before the rest of the chocobo's have left the starting line .
Old 08-05-2005, 07:09 PM   #7

FFnut
Master Thief

Location: The space between dimensions... kinda like where Gilgamesh ends up in FF5.

Vlakorados, people! I had to memorize that name after my friends wouldn't stop pestering me about it.

Vlakorados is found in any grass on the northern continent, preferably by the snow (not Bone Village). The chocob sage's house is a great area, and so are the small patches of grass a little to the west of there.

"Only an egotistical bastard would sig himself." ~ FFnut

That is not dead which can eternal lie
And with strange aeons even death may die.

Commander Of The Platinum Dragons

Official Ex-Member
FFnut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2005, 10:19 PM   #8

Arkacia
Gunblade Expert

I definetly found them near Bone village. It was the best place for me to find them. Have distinct memories of walking backwards and frowards for hours trying to get a decent count of carob nuts. I don't remember ever finding any by the chocobo sages house.

I wonder if there are differences between the US and European (which us Aussie's use) versions that explains this.
Old 08-06-2005, 09:37 AM   #9

ShadowHeart
Master Summoner

Hours to find a few Carob nuts? I've never spent anywhere near that on getting Carob nuts outside Chocobo Sage's house.. Sometimes when I was lucky I could get 3 battles with them Vlakorados in a row, so that I had all my Carob nuts in a matter of less than 5 minutes. It normally takes a lil longer, but I don't see it taking more than half hour to get 3-4 Carob nuts there, no way in hell
Memories will fade
Old 08-06-2005, 09:48 AM   #10

Arkacia
Gunblade Expert

Where I was finding them, you also got another critter in battle, squirrel type things I think, and they appeared more often that the red lizard. Thats why it took so long. I also used to get 20 or so nuts, so it did take a while.

I honestly can't remember fighting any battles near the chocobo sage's house. I aren't saying the monsters aren't there however, just that I found them elsewhere .
Old 08-06-2005, 06:57 PM   #11

ShadowHeart
Master Summoner

20 carob nuts?! You are out of your mind

You only ever need 3 lol.. well in creating one gold from scratch. I tend to get 4 though, in the special event that I have for example a blue male, and I need a green female but the only thing I ever get from the next breed is a green male (at that point I release the blue male, keep the green male and try getting a blue female instead and then I need that extra nut .. or the other way around with colors or sexes).. which has happened, in my last game for example.
Memories will fade
Old 08-10-2005, 08:08 PM   #12

Arkacia
Gunblade Expert

I used to finess my breeding quite a bit to get just the right chocobo and that needed the extra nuts. Sometimes I'd delibretly breed them back and forwards trying different nuts to see what the result was. Managed to breed some very fast golds that way.
Old 08-19-2005, 08:09 AM   #13

Xartex
Gunblade Expert

Send a message via ICQ to Xartex Send a message via MSN to Xartex

Well, I found the carob nuts outside chocobo sage's house, out there it won't take long to get enough of them... And when I breed I usually don't do it because it's fun but because you nedd to in order to get the best materia, as a matter of fact I've raced so much in my days that I've gotten tierd of it
Xartex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2005, 02:32 PM   #14

Barret05
Vivi's Minder

Location: On the hills by midgar (with shinra soldiers shooting zack)
Send a message via AIM to Barret05 Send a message via MSN to Barret05

DONT FIGHT IN THE FOREST else u'll be der 4 days wot u need 2 do is search on the GRASS for a red lizard-like creature called "Vlakorados" don't kill it yet wot u need 2 do is steal the carob nut off him and hey presto use it 2 breed a black chocobo 2 a excellent yellow chocobo and ders ya gold chocobo
Barret05 is offline   Reply With Quote