Forums | RPG | Guild

Go Back   Final Fantasy Network > General > Serious Discussion and Debates
Community Mark Forums Read

Serious Discussion and Debates For serious subjects. Curent events, news, religion, politics and science. As this is a debate forum posts in here MUST HAVE at least 20 words and be relevent to the discussion.

View Poll Results: Are Vampires Real?
Yes 8 47.06%
No 9 52.94%
Don't really know 0 0%
Voters: 17. You may not vote on this poll

Old 12-01-2006, 06:12 PM   #46

Avathar
"GET YOUR NAILS DONE!!"

Send a message via AIM to Avathar Send a message via MSN to Avathar Send a message via Yahoo to Avathar Send a message via Skype™ to Avathar
Re: Vampire, Real or Not?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cloud101
Who!?
O: He's quite known, even if you don't know much about satanism:

He wrote The Satanic Bible, and (quite sure) he was the founder of the Satanistic Church.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luis
Now, contemplate the tuttifrutti powahs in my avatar!
MWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHA!!!!
Last.fm YouTube DeviantArt Last.FM TheShrine DinoButt
Avathar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2006, 09:58 PM   #47

Oolyan
Cactuar Thorn

and yes you would be quite right but i can understand that not everybody knows who he is but he is quite known also but if you would like to know more...

LaVey was born 1930 in Chicago, Illinois to a liquor distributor. His family soon relocated to California where he spent most of his life in the San Francisco Bay Area. According to his biography, his ancestry can be traced to French, Alsatian, German, Russian, and Romanian stock. His parents supported the development of his musical abilities as he tried his hand at various instruments, his favorite being keyboards like the pipe organ and the calliope.

LaVey's biography tells of his dropping out of high school to join the circus and carnivals, first as a roustabout and cage boy in an act with the big cats, later as a musician playing the calliope. LaVey later noted that seeing many of the same men attending both the bawdy Saturday nights shows as well as the tent revival meetings on Sunday mornings supported his increasingly cynical view of religion. He later had many stints as an organist in bars, lounges, and nightclubs. While playing organ in Los Angeles burlesque houses, he reportedly had a brief affair with the still-unknown Marilyn Monroe, a claim that was later challenged by some.

According to his biography, LaVey moved back to San Francisco where he worked for a while as a photographer for the Police Department. He also dabbled as a psychic investigator, looking into "800 calls" referred to him by the police department. Later biographers have questioned whether LaVey ever worked with the police, as there are no records substantiating the claim. LaVey met and married Carole Lansing, who bore him his first daughter, Karla LaVey, in 1952. They divorced in 1960 after LaVey became entranced by Diane Hegarty. Hegarty and LaVey believed they had a common law marriage, and all believed them to be married. Diane bore his second daughter, Zeena Galatea LaVey in 1964. Zeena later bore Stanton Zaharoff LaVey, Anton and Diane's only grandchild.

Becoming a local celebrity through his paranormal research and live performances as an organist (including playing the Wurlitzer at the Lost Weekend cocktail lounge), he would attract many San Francisco notables to his parties. Guests included Carin de Plessin, Michael Harner, Chester A. Arthur III, Forrest J. Ackerman, Fritz Leiber, Dr. Cecil E. Nixon, and Kenneth Anger.

LaVey began presenting Friday night lectures on the occult to what he called a "Magic Circle" of associates who shared his interests. A member of this circle suggested that he had the basis for a new religion. On Walpurgisnacht, 30 April 1966, he ritualistically shaved his head, declared the founding of the Church of Satan and proclaimed 1966 as "the year One", Anno Satanas—the first year of the Age of Satan. Media attention followed the subsequent Satanic wedding ceremony of Radical journalist John Raymond to New York socialite Judith Case on February 1st, 1967 (photographed by Joe Rosenthal). The Los Angeles Times and San Francisco Chronicle were among the newspapers that printed articles dubbing him "The Black Pope". LaVey performed Satanic baptisms (including one for Zeena), Satanic funerals (including one for naval officer Edward Olsen, complete with a chrome-helmeted honor guard) and released a record album entitled The Satanic Mass.

In the late 1960s and early 1970s LaVey melded ideological influences from Ayn Rand, Friedrich Nietzsche, Aleister Crowley, Mencken, and Jack London with the ideology and ritual practices of the Church of Satan into essays introduced with reworked excerpts from Ragnar Redbeard’s Might is Right and concluded it with “Satanized” versions of John Dee’s Enochian Keys to create books such as The Satanic Bible, The Compleat Witch, (rereleased in 1989 as The Satanic Witch), and The Satanic Rituals.

Due to his increasing visibility through his books, LaVey was the subject of numerous articles in the news media throughout the world, including popular magazines such as Look, McCall's, Newsweek, and TIME, and men’s magazines. He also appeared on talk shows such as Joe Pyne, Phil Donahue, and Johnny Carson, and in a feature length documentary called Satanis: The Devil's Mass in 1969.

Hegarty and LaVey separated in the mid-1980s, and she sued for palimony. The claim was settled out of court. LaVey’s next and final companion was Blanche Barton, who bore him his only son, Satan Xerxes Carnacki LaVey on November 1, 1993. She succeeded him as the head of the Church after his death.

Anton LaVey died on October 29, 1997, in St. Mary's Hospital, San Francisco of pulmonary edema. He was taken to St. Mary's, a Catholic hospital, because it was the closest available. The time of his death was listed as the morning of Halloween, which has since, for reasons open to speculation, been determined to be off by two days. A secret Satanic funeral for LaVey, by invitation only, was held in Colma, and his body was cremated. His ashes were not buried, but were eventually divided amongst his heirs as part of a settlement, on the assumption that they possess occult potency, and can be used for acts of Satanic ritual magic.

i hope thats enough info for you and also if you had not ever noticed my sig is a quote of his if for some reaosn you want a link to the satanic website you will have to personally email me not pm me just to stay out of the way of trouble and
also i do not think you should ask me if you are underage i do not want this website getting in trouble or myself thank you

-Anton LaVey,1986
I will always love you Miyu!

Last edited by Oolyan; 12-01-2006 at 10:27 PM.
Oolyan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2006, 10:44 PM   #48

Seyluv
*Isu's Empress/Wife*

Ok I get it, man whyn is people still replting to this.
Old 12-02-2006, 03:30 AM   #49

Oolyan
Cactuar Thorn

because they enjoy this thread

-Anton LaVey,1986
I will always love you Miyu!
Oolyan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2006, 06:09 AM   #50

Arkacia
Gunblade Expert

Empress, the thread may have started because you asked a question, but like a lot of debates ten to do, it has morphed past that, and now people are just enjoying talking about the subject.

The thread is still open, and people are still interested. That is why they are still replying .
Old 12-02-2006, 08:06 PM   #51

Seyluv
*Isu's Empress/Wife*

Ok I understand now.
Old 12-04-2006, 11:13 AM   #52

Yoko Kurama
With a shattered heart...

I do enjoy this thread. Very interesting topic that will grab your attention. When you see the word "vampires" you can't really help but to click on it to see what people think.
Yoko Kurama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2006, 11:18 AM   #53

Cloud101
The Dark Guardian

Yeah, it caught my eye.
Old 12-04-2006, 04:52 PM   #54

John Smith
~Wizard~

Send a message via MSN to John Smith Send a message via Yahoo to John Smith Send a message via Skype™ to John Smith

Although I'm not posting in this debate (because I don't have anything relevant to the discussion), I do find this discussion interesting.

Click here to read Dragon Ball Multiverse! Includes several languages! =D
John Smith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2006, 01:13 AM   #55

Kiera
Princess of Capoeira

I do beleive vampires exist but they are not the ones you see on TV where they fly and such, there are actual people in real life who are sick enough to get people drunk on a night and then take them back to their house and drink their blood with other people in their "Cults" I think that is very sick because the person they drink actually dies.
Kiera is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2006, 11:21 AM   #56

Yoko Kurama
With a shattered heart...

But like I posted before, there are the insane vampires who kill for their blood, and the ones who just drink a little from a willing person.
Yoko Kurama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2006, 06:07 PM   #57

Kiera
Princess of Capoeira

I understand what you are saying its just that I do not see why people can't just drink orange juice or something =/ I mean its not that big of a deal. It doesn't make you any cooler or better drinking someone else's blood, and imagine if they had some kind of disease. Also I know some of them are not doing it because they think its cool or something, they do it because they beleive its them and their way of life.
There has been a case where the Queen somewhere in the UK I forgot, a long time ago, she use to ask kids to come to her palace and play with her but she would just do something to them and then drink their blood, the only way they found out because they started smelling rotting bodies in the palace somewhere and then later found out it was her.

"The Body is Limited to the Mind, but the Mind isn't Limited to the Body."
Kiera is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2006, 07:02 PM   #58

John Smith
~Wizard~

Send a message via MSN to John Smith Send a message via Yahoo to John Smith Send a message via Skype™ to John Smith

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kiera
I understand what you are saying its just that I do not see why people can't just drink orange juice or something =/ I mean its not that big of a deal. It doesn't make you any cooler or better drinking someone else's blood, and imagine if they had some kind of disease.
Imagine that that person has AIDS!

Click here to read Dragon Ball Multiverse! Includes several languages! =D
John Smith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2006, 08:05 PM   #59

Arkacia
Gunblade Expert

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kiera
I understand what you are saying its just that I do not see why people can't just drink orange juice or something =/ I mean its not that big of a deal. It doesn't make you any cooler or better drinking someone else's blood, and imagine if they had some kind of disease. Also I know some of them are not doing it because they think its cool or something, they do it because they beleive its them and their way of life.
There has been a case where the Queen somewhere in the UK I forgot, a long time ago, she use to ask kids to come to her palace and play with her but she would just do something to them and then drink their blood, the only way they found out because they started smelling rotting bodies in the palace somewhere and then later found out it was her.
Not in the UK, it was in what is now Romania, and the noble responsible was Elizabeth Bathory. She wasn't a vampire however, just a sicko who got her jollies torturing young women, and had the illusion that bathing in their blood would keep her young. Another reason I do believe people obsessed with blood are dangerous, and need their mental problems treated. There is no such thing as a vampire, and never has been.

I've never heard of an english queen doing anything like that. The only one who has a bad reputation for killing people is Mary 1, and her murders were all religion based, and most victims were burned at the stake or hanged. She got the nickname bloody Mary for the numbers she was responsible for killing, not for the methold of their deaths.
Old 12-07-2006, 07:56 PM   #60

Miyu_
Vivi's Minder

This is a very nice thread but I'm sorry, Yoko, I'm just going to read it because if I start posting now after reading everything that I have, I just might get kicked from the site... sorry, Yoko. You know any other time I would help you...

Warmness on the Soul
Avenged Sevenfold

<3 I love you, Yoko! <3
Miyu_ is offline   Reply With Quote