Forums | RPG | Guild

Go Back   Final Fantasy Network > Final Fantasy Discussion > Final Fantasy X
Community Mark Forums Read

Final Fantasy X The FF that made the new generation graphics really take you back and go.... Wait, really?

Old 12-07-2009, 10:34 AM   #1

Malboro
Vivi's Minder

Send a message via AIM to Malboro
Make your own Caladbolg?

The chocobo racing has reached its thirteenth hour...I officially give up. Is it possible to make your own version of Tidus' Caladbolg?

This is Union. Pay her a visit by clicking!.
Malboro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2009, 08:30 PM   #2

TherathxRikku
Super Moderator

Send a message via Skype™ to TherathxRikku
Re: Make your own Caladbolg?

You can make a better one, I haven't figured out the recipe for it, but Caladbolg only gives you Counter abilities, which aren't that useful unless your Tidus is a powerhouse like mine. You can give him much better abilities such as One MP Cost or First Strike, although Evade and Counter can be useful against fast, powerful enemies such as Fenrir. ^-^

Break DMG Limit is sort of easy to get, I forget what it took, but I can get it for each of my characters, though I don't need it. ^-^

It really depends on your play style with Tidus, if you favor Evasion and Strength, then you'll want Caladbolg, but if he's well rounded, then you can make a simpler version.

Quote:
Originally Posted by clief101_ View Post
You've dun alot for this forum and tried to keep it going as best as u can, and even though ur comp crashed ur still posting through ur PSP. That shows commitment to this site and thanx Therath!!

Stick around and watch this sight grow, become a veteran and then show the newbies how its dun!!

Last edited by TherathxRikku; 12-07-2009 at 08:32 PM.
TherathxRikku is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2009, 09:02 PM   #3

Heartless Angel
Vivi's Minder

If you make the a sword with the same abilities, you get Excaliber. Nowhere near as strong but can hit for 99999 with most things...
Heartless Angel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2009, 09:47 PM   #4

Malboro
Vivi's Minder

Quote:
Originally Posted by TherathxRikku View Post
You can make a better one, I haven't figured out the recipe for it, but Caladbolg only gives you Counter abilities, which aren't that useful unless your Tidus is a powerhouse like mine. You can give him much better abilities such as One MP Cost or First Strike, although Evade and Counter can be useful against fast, powerful enemies such as Fenrir. ^-^

Break DMG Limit is sort of easy to get, I forget what it took, but I can get it for each of my characters, though I don't need it. ^-^

It really depends on your play style with Tidus, if you favor Evasion and Strength, then you'll want Caladbolg, but if he's well rounded, then you can make a simpler version.
I favor strength due to me moving his spheres over to Aurons area, I dunno about evasion though.

Hmmm....

Old 12-07-2009, 10:26 PM   #5

TherathxRikku
Super Moderator

If you need Evasion, try Lulu's Grid.

Quote:
You've dun alot for this forum and tried to keep it going as best as u can, and even though ur comp crashed ur still posting through ur PSP. That shows commitment to this site and thanx Therath!!

Stick around and watch this sight grow, become a veteran and then show the newbies how its dun!!
Old 12-08-2009, 06:42 AM   #6

Malboro
Vivi's Minder

Quote:
Originally Posted by TherathxRikku View Post
If you need Evasion, try Lulu's Grid.
Yeah, speaking of which I moved him over to Lulu's grid an hour ago, so I will see if things get more interesting.

Old 12-11-2009, 01:05 AM   #7

TherathxRikku
Super Moderator

Lulu and Yuna's grids work great if you need any Magic boosting for any of your characters, my Tidus and Rikku are my best spellcasters, Tidus = 97, Rikku = 168. But Lulu has the best Evasion out of all the grids, followed by Tidus'. :P

Quote: