Forums | RPG | Guild

Go Back   Final Fantasy Network > Non-Gaming Related > Hardware Heaven
Community Mark Forums Read

Hardware Heaven Computer hardware discussion, talk about everything from performance, problems, and ask for help. NO game talk.

Old 08-22-2007, 10:42 AM   #1
anvir
T-Rexuar Snack

Overclock stable in XP but not Vista?

Yes, interesting I know. Before upgrading to Vista Ultimate a few months back I had tweaked my system to be 100% prime stable under XP.

I have an E6600 overclocked to 3.42ghz. I was able to run iTAT full load overnight as well without any issues.

Now, Vista has been working fine. I have not had any crashes or anything of the sort even when playing hardcore games.

However, I finally got around to downloading iTAT and my idle temps are almost 10 degrees higher than they were in XP.

Under full iTAT load the system will blue screen and restart. I upped the vcore voltage to 1.4 but that is as high as I would go.

It would still blue screen under iTAT. I also eventually got an error while running orthos.

Anybody have any ideas how a rock stable overclock on one OS could be not so stable on another?

During regular use and gaming the computer is fine so that is why I didn't even notice it so it is not that big of a deal.

Games and whatever else I do regularly do not even come close to the orthos or iTAT load and I never have crashes. But that is not the point. Anybody else have similar issues? Thanks.
anvir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2008, 12:48 AM   #2
froggboy604
Moogle Farmer

Re: Overclock stable in XP but not Vista?

It might be a software issue causing your computer to act up in Vista. I remmber running prime95 on Vista and it crashed my PC. Vista still have some compatibility problems.
froggboy604 is offline   Reply With Quote