Forums | RPG | Guild

Go Back   Final Fantasy Network > Final Fantasy Discussion > Final Fantasy I - IV
Community Mark Forums Read

Final Fantasy I - IV The Classics from 1987-1991. Revisit the classic stories.

Old 12-07-2009, 08:47 PM   #1

TherathxRikku
Super Moderator

Send a message via Skype™ to TherathxRikku
The Cecil Harvey Thread! :D

My all time favorite FF Character and my secondary Main on Dissidia: Final Fantasy.

Lord Captain Cecil Harvey is the main protagonist of Final Fantasy IV. Cecil is unique in that he is one of the few characters in the series that changes his job during the course of the game, starting out as a Dark Knight, but at a certain point in the game, transforming into a Paladin.

During Final Fantasy IV, Cecil appears as a strong and gifted knight, gaining the respect and admiration of his men during his time as Captain of the Red Wings. Although being raised by the King of Baron, Cecil appears to be very modest and quite shy to those around him, having difficulty showing his emotions to others. His most remarkable traits are his bravery and firm beliefs. Towards his friends, Cecil is very loyal and exceptionally forgiving. This is most notable with his best friend Kain, who betrays him and attacks him several times while being controlled by Golbez, and Golbez himself after finding out that he was his brother, Theodor, and his only living family.

Cecil was born to a Lunarian named Kluya and Cecilia from Earth. Cecil's father was killed before he was born, and his mother died in labor. His brother Theodor then ran away with him, but abandoned him outside Baron. The King eventually found him and named him Cecil, since he resembled his late mother. Even though Fusoya claimed that Cecil resembles his father Kluya in his youth, it is stated that Cecil resembles greatly his mother Cecilia, even being named after her.

What I personally love about Cecil is his relatable personality, as a kid I thought he was the true definition of a hero, full of regrets, but filled with concern of others before himself. Not to mention, he just looks awesome.

So, this thread is dedicated to Cecil and I want you guys to tell me what you think of him.

Also, I want to admit, that I have not yet even beaten FF IV, I got this info from FF Wikia. I just think Cecil is the perfect character for a hero story and I wanted to dedicate a thread to him, I hope I'm not the only one with this kind of affection for a game character. .___.

Quote:
Originally Posted by clief101_ View Post
You've dun alot for this forum and tried to keep it going as best as u can, and even though ur comp crashed ur still posting through ur PSP. That shows commitment to this site and thanx Therath!!

Stick around and watch this sight grow, become a veteran and then show the newbies how its dun!!

Last edited by TherathxRikku; 12-07-2009 at 08:50 PM.
TherathxRikku is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2012, 09:46 PM   #2
pazliberty
T-Rexuar Snack

Re: The Cecil Harvey Thread! :D

FF 12 simple levelling guide: First when you are doing the rogue tomato hunt, level up about 3 levels in the desert area (estersands?), then when you get to the lhusu mines, there is an area in the second straight path PACKED with skeletons, just fight all these guys (run around to each end a couple times, they reappear) and keep fighting until you are about level 25. I found that when you reach this level, they appear less and less. From that point, you can just go into the different fields while following the story and level everyone up about 2 levels.
pazliberty is offline   Reply With Quote