Forums | RPG | Guild

Go Back   Final Fantasy Network > Non-Gaming Related > The Entertainment Domain
Community Mark Forums Read

The Entertainment Domain Discuss everything from Television, Movies, Music, Comics, Anime, Cartoons, DVDs To Home Theatre Setups! And Anything Related to it.

Old 06-23-2006, 02:39 AM   #16
Fire Lord
Vivi's Minder

Re: What is with this Hip-Hop fever?

don't notice a thing
Fire Lord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2006, 06:03 AM   #17

Seyluv
*Isu's Empress/Wife*

Talking Re: What is with this Hip-Hop fever?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sephiroth
Hip hop doesnt do much for me, I am much more of a Hard Rocker myself.... Hiphop is a little too gradeschool for me.
Yeah I agree. I'm a hard rocker as well. But I mainly listen to hard metal and k-pop.
Old 07-05-2006, 06:54 PM   #18

Avathar
"GET YOUR NAILS DONE!!"

Send a message via AIM to Avathar Send a message via MSN to Avathar Send a message via Yahoo to Avathar Send a message via Skype™ to Avathar

I can only appreciate hip-hop and rap music from the late eighties-early nineties. ^_-

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luis
Now, contemplate the tuttifrutti powahs in my avatar!
MWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHA!!!!
Last.fm YouTube DeviantArt Last.FM TheShrine DinoButt
Avathar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2006, 08:31 AM   #19

Seyluv
*Isu's Empress/Wife*

Same here. I like the old school.
Old 08-21-2006, 02:02 PM   #20

Garnet_Dagger
Cactuar Thorn

Send a message via AIM to Garnet_Dagger Send a message via MSN to Garnet_Dagger

Well, I must say being born and raised in Detroit, yes I like Hip-Hop cause I grew up around it. But I can understand why some people dont like it. I mean much of it now and days is about: Money, b**ches, Sex, drugs,Strippers ect. But there are some songs out there that have a meaning and reason to it. But if a song has a beat to it that I like, I'll listen so i can drop it like it's hot

But I'm more of an R&B person myself. I get sick of the rap and sometimes I just need to tone it down and relax.
Old 08-21-2006, 03:45 PM   #21

Kat
k i t t y .

Send a message via AIM to Kat Send a message via MSN to Kat

hmm i dont really listen to it any more,im more into punk rock and stuff,but there are some good hip hop songs...i like all music actually

The perfect Example of: Imperfection
Kat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2006, 04:56 PM   #22

C_Dub
Cactuar Thorn

Send a message via MSN to C_Dub

<- Loves hip-hop
Old 08-21-2006, 05:07 PM   #23

Hydra
3, 2, 1, Let's Jam

Send a message via MSN to Hydra Send a message via Yahoo to Hydra

Guy on the first page said rappers rap about their lives, sometimes/mostly.

That's a little wrong.

You're right, ie "Ghetto Story" Cham & Alicia Keys. But, that's not rap, and is besides the point. Hip hop isn't dead. It's just..like..how to say it..if it were a person, it'd be on life support(XD).

Most "rappers" these days fill the little childrens head with words like "fly", "crunk", and so forth. Which is why you see people on the street, guns in their pants, ready to shoot anyone who insults them so much, whereas they could talk/fight with fists. Even if fighting with fists is bad either way. =D

I do like rap. I can't lie. But I don't like it for the wrong reasons. I don't listen to it to learn about being a pimp, handling women, like they do. I just listen to it because I like it. And don't ask me why. Because I don't...really..know. I just do. o_0

Which isn't bad, because I know right from wrong. Thing is, little children/teenagers don't. They're beginning to learn about things. And I'm not going into detail about that either. But hey, go to New York and look around. You can't go and not see a guy with a bandana, sagging pants, a crooked hat, and a retarded version of the English language. It's the lyrics and music in general that changes people. Which I don't really pay any attention to in rap songs. They just sound cool. xD

Different from Rock. Where you listen to the lyrics, and that makes it a good song. I could bet you I become a poet, dirty myself up, find a rhyme scheme, and become a rapper. It requires no real skill whatsoever. Just learn the way they talk, and it's very easy. It's very easy to talk in the ways they do.

But I'm not going to rant on and on and...oh, wait..nevermind.. I did. :O Rap is changing the little ones. Hip hop is different from Rap. And I love Rock. That's about it.
Old 08-21-2006, 05:58 PM   #24

Avathar
"GET YOUR NAILS DONE!!"

Send a message via AIM to Avathar Send a message via MSN to Avathar Send a message via Yahoo to Avathar Send a message via Skype™ to Avathar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hydra
Different from Rock. Where you listen to the lyrics, and that makes it a good song. I could bet you I become a poet, dirty myself up, find a rhyme scheme, and become a rapper. It requires no real skill whatsoever. Just learn the way they talk, and it's very easy. It's very easy to talk in the ways they do.
Like I kinda said earlier on, contemporary rap music has no skill whatsoever, maybe with a few exceptions, but still: the lyrics have no big context.
And 'cause of that, it'ld influence kids much more easier, since the rap is explicitly about the text, where in most rock music: lyrics are definetly important, no doubt, but there's always the message-bringing in rap music that hits the spot more easily for youngsters.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hydra
But I'm not going to rant on and on and...oh, wait..nevermind.. I did. :O Rap is changing the little ones. Hip hop is different from Rap. And I love Rock. That's about it.
Hip hop usually pays more attention to the melody and background scores, supporting the actual lyrics. That's the bigger difference between hip hop and rap, as in most rap music it's all about direct context and the expressive ways of showing forth vocals.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luis
Now, contemplate the tuttifrutti powahs in my avatar!
MWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHA!!!!
Last.fm YouTube DeviantArt Last.FM TheShrine DinoButt
Avathar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2007, 12:10 PM   #25

blackstar
Headbanger For Life

Im into Metal, Goth, and Punk Hip-Hop just doesnt do anything for me i do respect some hip-hop and rap artists but I dont like most of it just not my thing.
blackstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2007, 03:47 PM   #26

Hydra
3, 2, 1, Let's Jam

Send a message via MSN to Hydra Send a message via Yahoo to Hydra

Bleh, stop being right Avathar. =P

Don't stop it. XD

Anyway, I just realized that hip-hip died with Biggie and Tupac. =P

Now Hip-Hop is is just another name for rap. And rap is stupid. Every song has a Bentley with 20 inch rims. It's like every single rapper in the world has them. XD I'll only listen to a few rap songs now.

Wu-Tang and 2pac FTW! =D