Forums | RPG | Guild

Go Back   Final Fantasy Network > General > Serious Discussion and Debates
Community Mark Forums Read

Serious Discussion and Debates For serious subjects. Curent events, news, religion, politics and science. As this is a debate forum posts in here MUST HAVE at least 20 words and be relevent to the discussion.

Old 06-14-2008, 05:10 AM   #16

Phoenix Flame
Go Umbarbar do my bidding

Send a message via MSN to Phoenix Flame
Re: Ask about...God?! ?_?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hydra View Post
Ikno, rite. :3

And as scripture, you mean The Bible, amirite?

That's pretty much all you can mean, 'cause any other book (besides other versions from different religions), are man-made, and they are opinion.

So, let's talk about the Bible.

I don't like talking about it, 'cause every time I get deep into it, I second guess it. (But that's on me. <3)

Sometimes, for me, it's like a fairy tale. All these things people accomplish, a small nation overtopping a giant one, and passing on the legacy for generations, all because of you believing in one omnipotent entity.

Well, let me rephrase that. More like a tall tale. I believe in God, it's just the omnipotent part I don't believe in. And the evil in the world is my basis upon that.

http://richardathome.files.wordpress...urus-quote.jpg

That picture right there, but more importantly, the quote.

Now I admit, I'm not very good, religiously. I don't indulge in everything most people do that're sinful, but I just absolutely ignore it, for the most part. The talk of God, religion, all of it. I like clear answers, or at least answers that make me think, and that's my own personal liking.

But with religion, you won't know until you've passed away. And if you made the wrong decision, well lol, it's a bit too late then, huh? I can just imagine there being an omnipotent being, and me ignoring the fact of one due to my shallow beliefs. Then I'd die, and get up to the gates.

"lol u go bak, kthxbai".

It's so sad to think about. xD

But 'kay. I could go on, and on, and on, clashing between religious texts and proven science. I could compare the theory of Adam and Eve, and the theory of The Big Bang, to see whether God is real or not.

Or I could just forget it all, and go Muslim! =D

(Nah, that's not something to joke about.)

I could go find the scripts that Newton hypothesized, that implies that the human thumb is proof enough of a God. I could read sections in the Bible and dissect them, to make a point. But what point would I make? Everyones beliefs are different anyway.

If there was a God in the world, why would he/she give us total free will? If we don't follow his/her word, we go to Hell. And according to the bible, Man is carved according to Gods image. It's just so messed up. The people God make with his/her own hands, condemned at birth. What if they never find religion? One way ticket to one of the circles of Hell.

Don't you see something wrong with that? O:

Religiously speaking.

Eh, I'm gonna stop there. And pick up more next time. Maybe.

xD
You only get one shot at life. Follow your heart.
Phoenix Flame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2008, 05:11 AM   #17

Phoenix Flame

Good questions Hydra...as I've mentioned in the 'Evil.' thread I'm going to reply to this when I have more time. <3

kthxbai. D=
Old 06-16-2008, 03:53 AM   #18

Hydra
3, 2, 1, Let's Jam

Send a message via MSN to Hydra Send a message via Yahoo to Hydra

o.o

Gooooo.

I love talking about the texts, and the psychological world.

It's just too fun. :3
Old 06-17-2008, 03:16 AM   #19

Phoenix Flame

There's instances I can think of where it doesn't seem like we have free will at all (Moses and Pharaoh - God said that He would harden pharaoh's heart...) In revelation it says that the names of God's people are written in a book. (The Book of Life.) Also, it says that God woos us to Him, drawing us closer towards Him by His Spirit.

...but also, there's plenty to suggest that we have our own free will.

The main thing that gets my attention about your post is this: God being less-than all-powerful. To that I can only give one response. In view of evil - our actions that displease him (and those of the Devil's I might add....and this is just in light of what scripture talks about) I think that God allows it for two reasons. One, He is slow to anger and wants everyone to come to know Him. The second is more of a question to get you to think to the heart of the matter.

Let's say you were a parent of a teenager. You KNOW that they are doing something that you don't condone - or that you didn't do when you were young (example: smoking pot I guess.) You tell them over and over that its bad for them, that they shouldn't do it because its illegal and they could get into trouble for doing it...

...but they do it anyway. What are you forced to do? You love them so you might lay down some law, perhaps correct them/disipline them, maybe even kick them out of the house... but you don't kill them or disown them. You let them know that you love them and will accept them back if/when they are ready and willing to change.

Essentially, that's the way I think God thinks of us - as His children who are lost. We do our own things oblivious of the rules He's made and the correction He's shown. We want our own way and (oftentimes) completely ignore His instruction to our own misfortune; all the while we think 'lolyay I'm having fun.' D =

I know that not many people here share my opinions (and that's fine.) I comment on things that I believe are wrong, and I respect that everyone here has different beliefs and encourage everyone to seek out truth. To not stop until you have found it (and KNOW that its what its being sold-as is what it is.)
Old 06-17-2008, 06:24 PM   #20

Hydra
3, 2, 1, Let's Jam

Send a message via MSN to Hydra Send a message via Yahoo to Hydra

I like that. :3

I wanna comment on it, but then I don't. 'Cause I agree.

xD

I might eventually.

Gj. <3
Old 06-12-2009, 09:50 AM   #21

Phoenix Flame

*Revived*

Just in case anyone needs a reminder: God is Truth - He is the ultimate source of truth. If you try to answer the major questions in life w/o Him you end up disillusioned, depressed and empty yo. u_u'