Forums | RPG | Guild

Go Back   Final Fantasy Network > Final Fantasy Discussion > Final Fantasy X
Community Mark Forums Read

Final Fantasy X The FF that made the new generation graphics really take you back and go.... Wait, really?

Old 04-29-2008, 06:15 AM   #106
Halim Ondore
T-Rexuar Snack

Re: The sphere grid

liscense bord is better (ffxii powns xD)
Halim Ondore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2009, 12:41 PM   #107

rissole25
Highwind Captain

Hmm I like the Sphere Grid the best out of all the FF games, its so unique, then it would be the License Board (FF12) then probably the Materia setup (FF7). But I think the worst system in FF would be the Junctioning Sytem (FF8). It was annoying and frustrating and lots of other things as well
rissole25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2009, 02:03 AM   #108

TherathxRikku
Super Moderator

Send a message via Skype™ to TherathxRikku

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gumdrop View Post
I always liked the sphere grid, I thought it was a good and imaginitive system, but I noticed many people feel differently and did not like it, what do you all think of it? good or bad?
I quite loved it, it provided more of a challenge and a puzzle than the old fashioned "hey, you leveled up, we've raised these stats for you! " Instead, you can kinda choose what character can be your powerhouse, my Rikku, Tidus and Auron can kill Nemesis no problem. :P

Quote:
Originally Posted by clief101_ View Post
You've dun alot for this forum and tried to keep it going as best as u can, and even though ur comp crashed ur still posting through ur PSP. That shows commitment to this site and thanx Therath!!

Stick around and watch this sight grow, become a veteran and then show the newbies how its dun!!
TherathxRikku is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2009, 02:58 AM   #109

rissole25
Highwind Captain

Quote:
Originally Posted by TherathxRikku View Post
I quite loved it, it provided more of a challenge and a puzzle than the old fashioned "hey, you leveled up, we've raised these stats for you! " Instead, you can kinda choose what character can be your powerhouse, my Rikku, Tidus and Auron can kill Nemesis no problem. :P
But can they beat Penance?

Quote:
Originally Posted by rissole25 View Post
My 1000th post was about you Leon
Old 10-24-2009, 03:04 AM   #110

TherathxRikku
Super Moderator

I'll never know. T-T I don't have International, and I can't play it. >_>

Quote:
You've dun alot for this forum and tried to keep it going as best as u can, and even though ur comp crashed ur still posting through ur PSP. That shows commitment to this site and thanx Therath!!

Stick around and watch this sight grow, become a veteran and then show the newbies how its dun!!
Old 10-24-2009, 03:43 AM   #111

rissole25
Highwind Captain

aww that sucks. i dunno why Square put extra bosses in International. Shoulda just put them in all the versions

Quote:
Originally Posted by rissole25 View Post
My 1000th post was about you Leon
Old 10-24-2009, 04:38 AM   #112

TherathxRikku
Super Moderator

Kinda like with KH: Final Mix. The Japanese get all the perks. >_>

Quote:

Old 05-11-2013, 03:02 PM   #113
SylvianDark
T-Rexuar Snack

The customization aspects were good but the Sphere Grid is horrible for those wanting max stats and a complete save file. Had the Grid given you max stats by completing it, I'd have nothing but positive things to say about it. Having to clear spheres and add back +4 spheres, literally weakening your characters then strengthening them again, having to gather AP again, etc, was just unnecessary and I'm not sure why the developers decided to design it that way other than to make the gameplay longer.

Also the customization becomes null after the main story since at that point you'll want to give every character every ability and max stats. At this point the Sphere Grid is just too cumbersome. I'm 95 hours into a game currently and every time I acquire 99 AP it takes about 10-15 minutes just to repeatedly hit the 'move' and 'use sphere' options on the menu and progress my character. It's just a huge waste of time and is made all the worse by the fact that you know you'll have to go all the way back through the sphere grid clearing spheres and replacing them with +4 spheres.

Then if all this isn't bad enough, they have those luck/fortune spheres which are even more time consuming and difficult to fill/max.

I enjoy completing games but FFX doesn't feel rewarding. Clearing something and redoing it is in no way rewarding. That's just time wasting so a developer can brag that their game has XXX game play hours when in reality they just make you do the same thing over again.
SylvianDark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2013, 04:32 PM   #114
ironman
T-Rexuar Snack

Quote:
Originally Posted by TherathxRikku View Post
Kinda like with KH: Final Mix. The Japanese get all the perks. >_>
true bro
ironman is offline   Reply With Quote