Forums | RPG | Guild

Go Back   Final Fantasy Network > Final Fantasy Discussion > Final Fantasy X > Final Fantasy X-2
Community Mark Forums Read

Final Fantasy X-2 Discuss Final Fantasy X-2: It might be an all girl thing, but us guys can have fun with it too!! Lots of Fan Service!

Old 12-21-2009, 04:24 AM   #1

TherathxRikku
Super Moderator

Send a message via Skype™ to TherathxRikku
Relationship Between Shuyin and Tidus (spoilers)

Most people who haven't quite completed X-2 confuse Shuyin for Tidus, when in truth...they're right.

Shuyin was a temple servant who lived 1,000 years ago in Zanarkand, he was engaged to a Summoner named Lenne. They both loved each other very much, they even died in each other's arms. Shuyin was also an avid Blitzball player, whenever he wasn't serving the temple, he would be practicing Blitzball, he used his skills from Blitzball in battle, giving him amazing speed.

Tidus, as his memories say, was a man also from Zanarkand, however, he had no relations with a summoner while in Zanarkand, and he also played Blitzball, also using his Blitzball skills in battle.

Some people think they have no relationship when they complete the game, they think they were two completely different people, I can see what you're thinking, but I'll explain why they are one and the same person.

Shuyin played Blitzball, like Tidus, in truth, Shuyin was the Zanarkand Abes Blitz Ace, not Tidus. You may also notice, if you've beaten the game, that when you fight Shuyin, his fighting stance is exactly the same as Tidus', his attacks also resemble Tidus' Overdrives.

In my assumption after paying attention to the story, Tidus is just a clone of Shuyin, except some differences were made.

The Fayth, like everyone else have dreams, except, their's are more powerful, sometimes coming to life, these dreams are born from summoner's memories as they pray to the Fayth. Tidus was born from Lenne's memories of Shuyin. And was brought to Spira by Jecht (who may be the only reason my theory is wrong) to another summoner who resembled Lenne, Yuna.

Your head may be hurting, but I think this is how Tidus was "made". Anybody with other theories?

Quote:
Originally Posted by clief101_ View Post
You've dun alot for this forum and tried to keep it going as best as u can, and even though ur comp crashed ur still posting through ur PSP. That shows commitment to this site and thanx Therath!!

Stick around and watch this sight grow, become a veteran and then show the newbies how its dun!!
TherathxRikku is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2009, 05:19 AM   #2

clief101_
1st class SOLDIER

Re: Relationship Between Shuyin and Tidus (spoilers)

i have to disagree with u there. ur theory dus make sense, however has a hole in it.

u say that lenne would be the one to dream tidus up, but in fact it is the fayth of bahamut, which in turn, is a little boy. we know that it is a little boy, because wen yuna prays to that fayth, he appears. we also know that the person who appears as the fayth is the person who once lived (seymores mother wen obtaining anima)

now yes, zanarkand did exsist 1000 years ago, however tidus and all those people that he knew, didnt, including his father. the fayths dreams so powerful that they became real, as u said, hence why jecht became sin, and could destroy. this also explains why tidus dissappears at the end of the game, because the fayth stopped dreaming. they had been dreaming for 1000 years.
Old 12-21-2009, 06:40 PM   #3

TherathxRikku
Super Moderator

But Shuyin is related to Tidus somehow, I'm saying that the Fayth get their dreams from somewhere, I always figured the summoners' prayers became dreams, or at least influenced them.

Quote:
You've dun alot for this forum and tried to keep it going as best as u can, and even though ur comp crashed ur still posting through ur PSP. That shows commitment to this site and thanx Therath!!

Stick around and watch this sight grow, become a veteran and then show the newbies how its dun!!
Old 12-22-2009, 10:14 AM   #4

clief101_
1st class SOLDIER

i dont think that to be the case.....i believe my theory is right, however at the same time its wrong....the dream world in zanarkand was for those people to keep living as though sin never existed, however i think sin tapped into the dream of the fayth? i mean he is sin however....this story can be as confusing as VII's.....thats probly why they r the same worlds...GRR
Old 12-22-2009, 05:17 PM   #5

TherathxRikku
Super Moderator

VII wasn't so confusing, they managed to explain everything. Hell, I deciphered the story just by listening to One Winged Angel. lol

Quote:

Old 12-23-2009, 12:32 PM   #6

clief101_
1st class SOLDIER

its not confusing to us....however, wen it was first released, alot of people were confused
Old 12-23-2009, 05:56 PM   #7

TherathxRikku
Super Moderator

Well, I was like, 7. It's understandable for me not to know what the heck's going on.

Quote:

Old 12-24-2009, 04:24 AM   #8

clief101_
1st class SOLDIER

yes, and i was 9....haha

but i think both our theories here make sense....somehow...
Old 12-24-2009, 08:53 AM   #9

TherathxRikku
Super Moderator

Yeah, although, for the sake of others that read this, we should research.

Quote:

Old 12-24-2009, 09:38 AM   #10

clief101_
1st class SOLDIER

we should, but isnt the point of putting up these threads not only to get the facts across, but also for other people to participate?? and to get other peoples opponions aswell?

dus u have any other thoughts on the matter?
Old 12-24-2009, 01:42 PM   #11

TherathxRikku
Super Moderator

True, true.

Had more, but I forgot them, not to mention, they're tough to put into words...

Quote:

Old 04-28-2011, 09:02 AM   #12

noelly94
T-Rexuar Snack

heres what i think in away they are related they both look a like despite the fact shuyin is full of hate because he failed to protect lenne they look like identical twins they fight the same ok i never got 100% on ffx-2 but still what i know it never tells us that shuyin was a blitzball player for zandarkand abes its something we think because he looks like tidus but in the end there way to different i understand where ur coming from but its like saying yuna & lenne are related tidus is a dream of the fayth he's like an aeon of an aeon in a human form destined to meet & help yuna notice how he appears in besaid we shes praying to the fayth.
im going off the post here but how i think tidus comes back is that its the fayth saying thanks for helping them so they can R.I.P
noelly94 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2011, 11:38 PM   #13

clief101_
1st class SOLDIER

I've just thought about something that could help your theory TxR. What if Shuyin and Lenne had a boy, and that boy in the fayth of Bahamut? Then Tidus would be comprised of his memories of his father? The boy is there from the start after all.
Old 05-26-2011, 09:10 PM   #14

TherathxRikku
Super Moderator

That would be one giant mind****. It's plausible, but Square, subtle as they are, still give hints for all their plot secrets. Lenne was never mentioned as pregnant, or even having been a mother. It'd be an interesting plot twist, I could believe it, but the Fayth of Bahamut was not the only Fayth included in the making of Tidus. :/

@noelly94, Shuyin is indeed a Blitzball player to some respect. He fights just as nimbly as Tidus does, as you mentioned, and one of his "Limits" is Terror of Zanarkand, which is a ripoff of Tidus' overdrive Blitz Ace. The attack includes a blitzball in both versions, and Shuyin's was Wakka's World Champion. Makes you wonder if Shuyin had it donated to the Blitzball community to end up in the hands of the greatest player in Blitzball. If not, then Square probably wanted to keep from having the entire overdrive being duplicated by using the World Champion instead of a traditional blitzball like Tidus uses. We will never know.

Quote:

Old 05-28-2011, 04:09 AM   #15

clief101_
1st class SOLDIER

Still i think that makes a bit of sense....I mean, they do like to leave things out and left up for speculation, like this whole discussion for instance lol