Forums | RPG | Guild

Go Back   Final Fantasy Network > General > Off-Topic
Community Mark Forums Read

Off-Topic All things related to anything that doesn’t have to do with Final Fantasy should be posted here. (Keep it clean or be banned.)

Old 04-20-2007, 05:46 AM   #1

Arkacia
Gunblade Expert

Picture Threads

Ok, I've come in tonight to find some fur flying over picture threads, and most especially the three I moved to the spam forum the other night.

Explaination is simple. Off topic is a discussion forum. Subjects here are meant to promote discussion on off topic issues that don't belong elsewhere in the forum. Threads that are little more than post after post of uploaded pictures of singers, movie stars ect don't promote discussion, so don't belong in this area of the forum. Don't feel hard done by here, at least I didn't delete them. Some forums do ban these type of threads as straight out spam. We don't and won't do that, but they do belong in the Spamtastic forum.

YouTube videos are in the same boat. A start post consisting of a link, and nothing else is spam, and will be moved to the oppropriate area.

The only exception to this picture rule is the stickied picture thread because it has photos of our members in it. I consider ourselves of much higher importance than singers, actors and other people we don't interact with on this forum, and never will.

In closing, if you want to start a post with written discussion, adding a picture to add to or emphasise a post, by all means put it in Off Topic, but if you want to post a stream of pictures with little or no discussion, please put it into Spamtastic. There is a difference.

Clarification of this has been added to the rules thread to prevent any future confusion on this issue. The reason it wasn't already there is because I didn't forsee this would ever be a problem. Now it has been, the problem has been addressed.

Last edited by Arkacia; 04-20-2007 at 06:28 AM.
Arkacia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2007, 07:32 AM   #2
Luis
·· Fresón rebelde ··

Re: Picture Threads

Clear and agreed.
Old 04-20-2007, 07:53 AM   #3
Slider
Master Summoner

i might've missed sumtin, but please explain why is a new pic thread made and the old unstickied?
wasnit ontopic n was full o'everybody's pics, u want that go to waist?
Slider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2007, 03:42 PM   #4

Arkacia
Gunblade Expert

This is not a picture thread, it is about picture threads. Explaining why straight out picture threads are not allowed in Off Topic.
Old 03-16-2009, 07:21 AM   #5
gmbhxx
Banned

nice...
gmbhxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2009, 10:36 PM   #6
uajdg
T-Rexuar Snack

great news, i love my seed upgrade.

Any one?