Forums | RPG | Guild

Go Back   Final Fantasy Network > General > Serious Discussion and Debates
Community Mark Forums Read

Serious Discussion and Debates For serious subjects. Curent events, news, religion, politics and science. As this is a debate forum posts in here MUST HAVE at least 20 words and be relevent to the discussion.

Old 07-07-2007, 04:25 PM   #1

zen la
Moogle Farmer

Another World

anybody ever wondered all those stars in the sky is another sun and each and every one has its set of planets like ours (solar systems) so with all those planets is there one just one that is similar to ours with inhabitants could be something as small as a mouse. whats your views on this? i think there must be something just something.
zen la is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2007, 06:11 PM   #2

dappa
Master Summoner

Re: Another World

It wouldn't surprise me if low level life on some of these other planets exist. In our solar system there is ice on some of the moons of some of the planets .

Another interesting thing is that all the stars you see in the sky at night are suns and their light faded millions of years ago. Remember that it takes millions of light years for the light to catch up so we can see it, so the star you see in the sky tonight no longer exists as you are looking into the past.

Another interesting thing is if any of those stars had an actual solar system attached to them, the planets probably no longer exist now and have been probably ground to dust or consumed by the star when it died.

Life on this planet works on a series of coincidences so Its gotta be possible that there is a planet out there that could be doing exactly what our planet does.........think of the laws of averages.
Old 07-07-2007, 06:15 PM   #3

Spec Highwind
The Portuguese Dragoon

Send a message via MSN to Spec Highwind Send a message via Yahoo to Spec Highwind

With so many starts out there, each one with dozens of planets around it... I think we would be selfish saying that ours is the only one with life.

"My hopes live on in those who remain"
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kat View Post
omg.
that quote is totally going in my sig.
Spec Highwind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2007, 06:27 PM   #4

dappa
Master Summoner

There must be the odd star out there with planets on it, though the vast majority of stars have nothing attached to them which is a shame.

As for these stars we can only see as far as what our telescopes can see, so think what could be out there in the regions of space we cannot see.
Old 07-07-2007, 06:30 PM   #5

zen la
Moogle Farmer

Quote:
Another interesting thing is that all the stars you see in the sky at night are suns and their light faded millions of years ago. Remember that it takes millions of light years for the light to catch up so we can see it, so the star you see in the sky tonight no longer exists as you are looking into the past.

Another interesting thing is if any of those stars had an actual solar system attached to them, the planets probably no longer exist now and have been probably ground to dust or consumed by the star when it died.

That is unbelievable i never knew that its quite amazing if you put it in that perspective!
Old 07-07-2007, 11:33 PM   #6

Phoenix Flame
Go Umbarbar do my bidding

Send a message via MSN to Phoenix Flame

I believe that our world (and all the others) were created by God.

...whether or not he has something going with another planet/universe - I know not. All I know is what's in the Bible. Through faith I believe that story, and the rest of his inspired word.
You only get one shot at life. Follow your heart.
Phoenix Flame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2007, 01:33 AM   #7

Doctor
Highwind Captain

Send a message via AIM to Doctor

I believe that we ARE pretty selfish if we say that we are the only life out there. I agree that there could be smaller life forms on other planets, whether they are in our solar system, or if they are in another solar system trillions of light years away. I think that there are intelligent beings out there, more so than we are. But it could take all eternity for us to find out, considering the current pace that technology and scientific knowledge are advancing.

I try to not include if 'God', or whoever God may be, had anything to do with putting human life on EARTH. For all we know, we could have migrated from Mars somehow. I can't rule out evolution, but I can point out the fact that even something that has been constantly evolving had to have come from SOMEWHERE. It couldn't have just come out of nothing. But I don't know. Nobody REALLY knows the truth, and they shouldn't just throw out their opinions without thinking about it hard enough. XP
Old 07-08-2007, 07:18 AM   #8

zen la
Moogle Farmer

people believe that god created our world so what if another god created another world is that possible or do they believe there is one and only one god ever!
Old 07-08-2007, 07:57 AM   #9

dappa
Master Summoner

They say the whole universe was created from some tiny atom which was the size of a pin needle and they claim it exploded creating the "Big Bang theory"

Ok I could sit here explaining the science of all this forever and ever really, its that long but you could say that all the matter in the whole universe is all linked somehow.

Ok heres another one that no-one can explain but its a good question.

Before the universe was created, you had nothing. What is nothing and how do you define it? What would nothing look like?
Old 07-08-2007, 12:49 PM   #10

zen la
Moogle Farmer

nothing is impossible there had to have been something, im aetheist but where does the bible come i cant have been NOTHING everything must come from something nothing is impossible
Old 07-08-2007, 02:00 PM   #11

dappa
Master Summoner

Quote:
Originally Posted by zen la
nothing is impossible there had to have been something, im aetheist but where does the bible come i cant have been NOTHING everything must come from something nothing is impossible
Exactly!

You've answered the question. Nothing is something, but what is this something?

And to add to the debate how old is this nothing?
Old 07-08-2007, 07:21 PM   #12

zen la
Moogle Farmer

Your Mind twisting i will come back on that one let me think
Old 07-08-2007, 08:21 PM   #13

dappa
Master Summoner

Confusing I know, When I was a kid I thought that one up and still haven't been able to come up with an answer to it and most never will
Old 07-08-2007, 10:00 PM   #14

Hydra
3, 2, 1, Let's Jam

Send a message via MSN to Hydra Send a message via Yahoo to Hydra

There's a lot of wrong with that question. :3

Like the contradicting fact that if there are other beings like us, God's Word has some lies in it. Like creating us in His image. If there be other life forms, that very well may be a lie. Or maybe He DID create us in his image, and other "God's" created other life forms in their image.

Extra terrestrials are sure as hell real. Our American government just denies that face, and just recently they made an excuse only a child would believe. That's why this question is so bad. Many different people with many different views come into this. It's unanswerable.
Old 07-10-2007, 02:21 AM   #15

Doctor
Highwind Captain

Send a message via AIM to Doctor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hydra
There's a lot of wrong with that question. :3

Like the contradicting fact that if there are other beings like us, God's Word has some lies in it. Like creating us in His image. If there be other life forms, that very well may be a lie. Or maybe He DID create us in his image, and other "God's" created other life forms in their image.

Extra terrestrials are sure as hell real. Our American government just denies that face, and just recently they made an excuse only a child would believe. That's why this question is so bad. Many different people with many different views come into this. It's unanswerable.
Ha ha, I like how you put that, there. :3 You could have a good point, by saying that there could be other gods who have created all of the other living things in this world in their 'image'. I don't think that anyone should rule out that possibility.

And as for the gov't trying to hide the fact that there is life out there...well, I hate our government, so yeah, I agree with you on that one, too. XP