Forums | RPG | Guild

Go Back   Final Fantasy Network > General > Serious Discussion and Debates
Community Mark Forums Read

Serious Discussion and Debates For serious subjects. Curent events, news, religion, politics and science. As this is a debate forum posts in here MUST HAVE at least 20 words and be relevent to the discussion.

View Poll Results: Do you think gays should be able to marry?
Yes 24 82.76%
No 5 17.24%
Voters: 29. You may not vote on this poll

Old 10-30-2006, 07:46 PM   #16

John Smith
~Wizard~

Send a message via MSN to John Smith Send a message via Yahoo to John Smith Send a message via Skype™ to John Smith
Re: Same Sex Marrige

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slider
um... John
I said REASOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOON!!!!!!
I also see the diffrence, but I still think REASONIMALIVE was harsh on Kaze althought they support the same oppinion, besides it's a good thing to follow your religion!
Oh, you were talking to reasonimalive?

I thought you were talking to me.

I'll leave that discussion for you 2 then
__________________________________________________ ___________________________________________

Quote:
Being a Christian, it goes against my religion, so no but I also cant stop it, so meh.
He could at least develop why he goes by his religion.

I'm a Christian too, but I have my opinion and he certainly has an opinion of his onw, even if it's not the same as the one I said. Not everyone thinks like oneanother. It would be too messy

Click here to read Dragon Ball Multiverse! Includes several languages! =D
John Smith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2006, 08:13 PM   #17

Phoenix Flame
Go Umbarbar do my bidding

Send a message via MSN to Phoenix Flame

I get where you are coming from Slider. However, if you simply say "my religion says this" or "my religion tells me to do this," you might as well say "Well, my priest molested those kids...so......." Um,.. you get my point. Blindly following your religion (whatever it may be) without asking why I believe this or that doesn't help the other person reason. It may even anger the other person and they may percieve that person as a "bible thumper" or 'Jesus freak.' I like the latter.

But in the end, I'm certainly didn't mean to be rude - and if Kaze felt I was...well, he can say so. I used to be Baptist...but the silly, sometimes stupid rules that they made up as they went along drove me nuts - and away from the church. I've since found a non-denominational church. So, yeah! That's cool.
You only get one shot at life. Follow your heart.
Phoenix Flame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2006, 09:47 PM   #18

Seyluv
*Isu's Empress/Wife*

Thanks guys uyou all have been of great help to me. As soon as I am done I will tell you what I had writen in my essay. Anyway I didn't post this thread just as a boose for my essay. I really wanted toi bring out this issus to you all.
Old 10-30-2006, 10:23 PM   #19

Phoenix Flame
Go Umbarbar do my bidding

Send a message via MSN to Phoenix Flame

No prob empress...how many pages does your essay have to be?
Phoenix Flame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2006, 10:32 PM   #20

Seyluv
*Isu's Empress/Wife*

One page, which is easy. I have done it before last year and I really didn't feel like doing it again. Last year it only took me less then a hour to write and back then it was three pages. I can write a 30 page if i had to. Of couse to do that it would take me a while. Anyway thanks again.
Old 10-31-2006, 01:48 PM   #21

Unknown Kaze
Cactuar Thorn

Actually I didnt have the time to type what I actually wanted to type (if that makes sense) as Ive been bogged down with Uni assignments (I havent even logged onto the site). I wanted to come back and explain why i didnt believe in the same sex mariage. Im not a follower of Religion, but a true believer in Christ and Im one of those people who also dont believe in/do something just cos someone told me to, I like to find out if its right or wrong myself before doing /believing it.

Anyways back on topic... reasoniamalive pretty much hit the nail on the head on why I as Christian dont believe in the same sex marriage. In the Bible (Genesis 2:18 for anyone who wants to look it up) it says - "And the Lord God said, it is not good that the man should be alone; I will make him an help meet for him." and then couple this with what Adam said when Eve was made (in Genesis 2:24) - "Therefore shall a man leave his father and his mother, and shall cleave unto his wife: and they shall be one flesh.". - it clearly tells me there that a man should leave his mother and father and marry a WOMAN, not a man. And that is why I dont believe in same sex marriage, cos God made Adam and Eve to be one, and not Adam and STEVE.

oh and to Staircase's post:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Staircase
I think the bible has some things in it that aren't true, that people have passed over time. I don't think Jesus himself said that Gay marriage is unacceptable, i think it was an older Christian belief from BC when the Churches were used more as a ruling power than a church.
WTF?? thats like me saying that, as a christian, that its all right for me to drink and drive cos Jesus didnt say so. Its just common sense to know that drinking -driving aint right, and it should just be common sense that gay marriage is wrong cos its like telling God that you dont like the way he created everything and so you're going to go off and try to be god by defying his word - but thats just the way I see it.

Last edited by Unknown Kaze; 10-31-2006 at 02:05 PM.
Unknown Kaze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2006, 05:55 PM   #22

Staircase
Shinra Owner

Send a message via AIM to Staircase

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unknown Kaze
oh and to Staircase's post:

WTF??thats like me saying that, as a christian, that its all right for me to drink and drive cos Jesus didnt say so. Its just common sense to know that drinking -driving aint right, and it should just be common sense that gay marriage is wrong cos its like telling God that you dont like the way he created everything and so you're going to go off and try to be god by defying his word - but thats just the way I see it.
I hope your not mad at me for what i said. You wrote that as if you totally despised me. I'm just saying what i think.

But I defiantly see what you mean there. Nice points.

And that statement i said wasn't exactly directed as "Gay marriage is alright because Jesus never said anything about it." I said that because in your 1st post, it sounded like you only believed that because Jesus said so.

And I'm glad that you are defending your opinion instead of just letting us walk all over you.
Old 10-31-2006, 08:38 PM   #23

John Smith
~Wizard~

Send a message via MSN to John Smith Send a message via Yahoo to John Smith Send a message via Skype™ to John Smith

Good luck on your essay empresscrystal
__________________________________________________ __________________________________

Quote:
and then couple this with what Adam said when Eve was made (in Genesis 2:24) - "Therefore shall a man leave his father and his mother, and shall cleave unto his wife: and they shall be one flesh.". - it clearly tells me there that a man should leave his mother and father and marry a WOMAN, not a man. And that is why I dont believe in same sex marriage, cos God made Adam and Eve to be one, and not Adam and STEVE.
Ah, but it doesn't say "Therefore shall a man leave his father and his mother, and shall cleave unto his wife AND NOT ANOTHER MAN: and they shall be one flesh".

Still, if it said, I think that it would be kinda racist.
__________________________________________________ _____________________________________________

Quote:
And that statement i said wasn't exactly directed as "Gay marriage is alright because Jesus never said anything about it." I said that because in your 1st post, it sounded like you only believed that because Jesus said so.

And I'm glad that you are defending your opinion instead of just letting us walk all over you.
Agreed

Old 10-31-2006, 10:57 PM   #24

Seyluv
*Isu's Empress/Wife*

Wow you all are really into this topic.
Old 11-01-2006, 06:13 AM   #25

Unknown Kaze
Cactuar Thorn

Quote:
I hope your not mad at me for what i said. You wrote that as if you totally despised me. I'm just saying what i think.

But I defiantly see what you mean there. Nice points.

Im so sorry about the way it looks I was caught up in the passion of writing I dont despise you in anyway you're cool to me dude ^^

Thanx. If I had had the time, I would have posted that in my first post.

And to john Smith's comment, if you look at the last part of Genesis 2:18, it says "I will make him AN help meet for him" AN is singular, not plural, so it is only two people, male and female allowed in the relationship.

And finally - racist, lol ,how so?

Last edited by Unknown Kaze; 11-01-2006 at 06:35 AM.
Unknown Kaze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2006, 08:06 AM   #26

John Smith
~Wizard~

Quote:
And to john Smith's comment, if you look at the last part of Genesis 2:18, it says "I will make him AN help meet for him" AN is singular, not plural, so it is only two people, male and female allowed in the relationship.
I don't understand :S

Racist is not what I meant, but I can't find the right word for it ^_^''

Old 11-01-2006, 09:44 AM   #27

Xartex
Gunblade Expert

Send a message via ICQ to Xartex Send a message via MSN to Xartex

For me, I see no good reason why thay souldn't be able to marry. They are going to live together wether you let them marry or not.

I do not belive in the bible so nothing it says about stuff like that matters to me.

Last edited by Xartex; 11-01-2006 at 09:46 AM.
Xartex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2006, 10:49 AM   #28

Staircase
Shinra Owner

Send a message via AIM to Staircase

Quote:
Originally Posted by John Smith
I don't understand :S

Racist is not what I meant, but I can't find the right word for it ^_^''

Prejudice : an adverse judgment or opinion formed beforehand or without knowledge or examination of the facts. (hating people because of beliefs, or background)

Racist : person with a prejudiced belief that one race is superior to others (hating people because of their race or color)

You meant prejudiced instead of racist.
Old 11-01-2006, 04:53 PM   #29

Seyluv
*Isu's Empress/Wife*

I really don't see the problem with them getting married. I mean we all for many years have always been fighting for rights. And yet people are trying to take away the right to marry from anyone who is gay.
Old 11-01-2006, 05:09 PM   #30

Spec Highwind
The Portuguese Dragoon

Send a message via MSN to Spec Highwind Send a message via Yahoo to Spec Highwind

The great problem of it is the children. Imagine yourself telling your friends that your parents are gay...

about they getting married... no oppinion

"My hopes live on in those who remain"
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kat View Post
omg.
that quote is totally going in my sig.
Spec Highwind is offline   Reply With Quote