Forums | RPG | Guild

Go Back   Final Fantasy Network > Final Fantasy Discussion > Final Fantasy IX
Community Mark Forums Read

Final Fantasy IX The crystal comes back! Discuss Square's final installment to the FF series on the PSX.

Old 11-14-2005, 05:11 AM   #16

Arkacia
Gunblade Expert

Re: silly pluto knights

Quote:
Originally Posted by gcarev10
tantalus is a greek mitologi person who is rebel and punish by gods and his punishment is crucifixion on the kavkas mauntian and big eagle comes and eat his flesh when he is still alive. Whay he is punish because he give sicrets of gods to a human. It is in my people known words tantalst trouble so that is that. I hope thats is help for you.
Umm, actually that was Prometheus, a titan (old God). The secret he gave humans was fire. Zeus wasn't happy and had him chained to the top of a mountain, where an eagle visited him each day and ate his liver.
Old 11-14-2005, 03:45 PM   #17

Gumdrop
Highwind Pilot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeromus_X
just thought of a few things about the pluto knights you may not or mayve known.

there are 9 pluto knights, correct? and its final fantasy 9. and the 9th planet in the solar system is pluto. nyuk nyuk nyuk...

plus, on disc four, if you see pluto knight the 7th, hes talking to a flower girl.
(flower girl=aerith=final fantasy 7-and hes pluto knight 7.)

maybe the pluto knights are representatives of their numbered ffs? just speculation, but the above things are kinda funny.

0_o You could be right! You think too much..lol
Gumdrop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2005, 06:01 PM   #18
gcarev10
Master Thief

Arkacia i agree whit you so i taypd this on google:
Greek mythology Tantalus and i found
Quote:
In Greek mythology Tantalus was son of Zeus and the nymph Pluto=Pluto knights (not to be confused with the god of underworld).Thus he was a king in the primordial world. He was associated with Phrygia or Mauntia Sipyus in Lydia both in Asia Minor. He became one of the inhabitants of Tartarus the deepest portion of the underworld, reservd for the punishment of evildoers. His children was Pelops, Niobe, Broteas, all three fathered on his wife Dione. Tantalus is know for having welcomed to Zeus table in Olympus. There he stole nectar and ambrosia, brought them back to his people, and revealed the secret of the gods. He also offerd up his son, Pelops as a sacrifice=(zidan limit) to the gods, an archetypal story of shamanic initation in which he cut Pelops up, Boiled him, and served him up as food foe the gods.
The gods were said to be aware of his plan for their feast, so they didnt touch the offering; only Demetar disturbed by the rape of her daughter Persephone did not realize what it was and ate of the boys shoulder. Fate,ordered by Zeus=(Mace of Zeus), brought the boy to life=(LIfe tree)again ( she collected the parts of the boy and boiled them in a secred couldron) rebuilding his shoulder whit one wrought of dolfin ivory, made Hephaestos and presented by Demeter.
Pelops, thus recinstituted, was brought back to life having gained new qualities. To reinforce the initiatory theme, the revived Pelops is kidnapped by POseidon and taken to Olympus to be gods lover.
The Greeks of the classical times claimed to be horrified by Tantalus doings and accused Tantalus of trying to trick the Olympian gods back into older indentities by offering them a sacrifice-banquet of human flesh.
The karnel of myth embodied in this tale reinforces Olympian gods supperssionof human sacrifice which had apparently been offeredin earlier times,especially to Demeter in her earlier embodiment as the Great Goddes, but which was now taboo. Alternatively , Tantalus is cast as a Promethea (i was confused whit that) figure who divulges divine secrets to mortals and presides over sacred initiations cinsisting of mystic death and transfiguration.
Tantalus punishment, now proverbial for temptation without satisfaction, was to stand in a pool of water beneath a fruit tree with low branches. Whenever he reached for the fruit, the branches raised his intended meal from his grasp. Whenever he bent down to get a drink, the water receded before he coud get any.
In separate story, he was also blamed for having stolen the dog of Hephaestus (god of metals)(alternatvely, he cinvinced his friend ,Pandora=(FF 7 Pandora Box) to do so)
Tantalus is the origin of the English word "tantalize"(I agree whit you)The idea being that when a person tantalizes someone eles, that person is making them like Tantalus: there is something desirable that is always just out of that persons reach (that sounds familiar to me).
A Tantalus , by an obvious analogy, is also tje term for a type of drinks decanter stand in which the bottle stoppers are firmly clamped down by a locked metal bar, as a means of preventing servants from stealing the masters liquor.(I am not alkoholic)
The cemical element tantalum (symbol Ta ,atomic number 73) is named for him.
AND NOW FOR YOU ALL

Tantalus is also later put in use in the hit role-playing game series or ( R P G ), Final Fantasy IX,in which a group of thieves called themselves Tantalus. In the opening Sequence in the game, they are responsible for putting on a ploy in order to capture the Princes of Alexandria.

And Quote
gcarev10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2005, 07:27 PM   #19

Totorosama
Highwind Pilot

Send a message via AIM to Totorosama

Cool. You went to a lot of work, didn't you. I think that's the longest post (not including stories) I've ever seen. Also, more symoblism! I'm posting the stuff in the symbolism section. Do you think I should make a general symbolism thread, as I've found stuff for other FFs? Or maybe just make one for each FF?
Totorosama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2005, 12:57 PM   #20
gcarev10
Master Thief

You go for each ff but you mast be sure that you take all symomlism in all FF for exp.
ff 8 all symbolism.
ff7 all symbolism.
on that way we know what is going on in squaresoft and where is all that material for ff storys ist that fan.Squaresoft is good in storys we all know that.
Old 11-30-2005, 07:40 PM   #21

Totorosama
Highwind Pilot

Send a message via AIM to Totorosama

Yeah. Thanks! Anyways, so Arkacia was right about Prometheus. We've been studying about Greek mythology lately. Also, Tantalus was the one in the underworld (Hades) that either can't get the food and drink or the one that has to keep rolling the stone up the hill.
Totorosama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2005, 04:30 PM   #22
gcarev10
Master Thief

I agree with you toto, thanks Arkacia we have all clin on pluto knights
so how is going with that symbolism section .