Forums | RPG | Guild

Go Back   Final Fantasy Network > Final Fantasy Discussion > General FF Discussion
Community Mark Forums Read

General FF Discussion Talk about the game series in general.

Old 12-31-2007, 09:20 PM   #1

Andrew Scaves
Moogle Farmer

Send a message via Yahoo to Andrew Scaves
Final Fantasy Dissidia

I saw the old thread for this, but it was several months old so I thought it would be okay to make a new one. Anyway I've found a little bit more info about the game from a preview at 1up which you can view here http://www.1up.com/do/previewPage?cId=3165167 It's sounding better, but I probably still wouldn't purchase it because it's for the PSP which I don't have and I don't feel that I should spend over a $100 just to play the game, but if I do come about with a large amount of money then I would get it.

I hope that the game won't only feature primary characters and their villains, but also other members of the party like Vivi, Quina, and Tifa I'm hoping for. If they do VIII then I wonder which villain would they go with in the game Seifer or Ultimecia? They both play large parts in the game.
Old 01-01-2008, 04:20 AM   #2

Leon
Lugeo Spiritus

Re: Final Fantasy Dissidia

Quoted:

- Players could select to play as one of four characters: Squall from Final Fantasy VIII, a "Warrior of Light" from Final Fantasy I, Firion from Final Fantasy II, or Zidane from Final Fantasy IX.

- Unlike most traditional versus-style fighters, Dissidia is more akin to a one-on-one combat game. Characters are free to move around the large, varied battlefields, and can jump, evade, and so on. The game even has a lock-on button, as it's possible to lose sight of your foe. Players are encouraged to climb up walls and perform air dashes between fighting platforms

Those statements are what intersted me the most; I like crossovers if their games aren't too cheesy + The fighting style seems intersting enough, I just hope there aren't any bugs that allows to make shortwork out of fights. There's also the faint RPG theme of gaining EXP and gils once winning fights so I'm anxious to try this game. Yet I have some doubts bout the game's capabilities as well since it's meant for PSP.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shaggy View Post
This forum will never end. I has gone through some rough times lately, but it will never be shut down!!

Last edited by Leon; 01-01-2008 at 04:29 AM.
Leon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2008, 06:27 PM   #3

Andrew Scaves
Moogle Farmer

Send a message via Yahoo to Andrew Scaves

I found it kinda weird that they said unlike traditional versus style fighters that the battles are akin to a one on one battle. That really doesn't make sense to me because from what I know all the traditional fighting games are just one- on one, Street Fighter Virtua Fighter, Mortal Kombat,etc.
Old 01-03-2008, 03:08 AM   #4

Doctor
Highwind Captain

Send a message via AIM to Doctor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew Scaves View Post
I found it kinda weird that they said unlike traditional versus style fighters that the battles are akin to a one on one battle. That really doesn't make sense to me because from what I know all the traditional fighting games are just one- on one, Street Fighter Virtua Fighter, Mortal Kombat,etc.
That doesn't make much sense to me either...could it just be our imaginations? I think not.

But, agreeing with Leon, the combat system sounds interesting enough for me to buy the game. It's overall appeal to me is maybe 70 out of a 100 chance of me actually getting the game. X3

Besides...I love fighting games. I always kick ass, and now, the fighting game and the RPG have merged into one..*drools*
Old 01-05-2008, 06:29 PM   #5

Lucavi86
Moogle Farmer

Send a message via Yahoo to Lucavi86

Looks pretty cool. I"ll have to get that when it comes out. I think it will be good, but tough. The way the described the controls is different from most games. I just got my PSP modded so I should be done with Crisis Core by then

Which FF Character Are You?
Lucavi86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2008, 04:07 AM   #6
nmnjji
T-Rexuar Snack

The game sounds cool but at this point I am SERIOUSLY let down by the hero selection. The only one I would pick is the Warrior of Light, the other three are three hero's I disliked the most out of any of the games. Once again, VI looks to get overlooked.
nmnjji is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2008, 02:22 AM   #7

kb-sama
Master Summoner

Send a message via AIM to kb-sama

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doctor View Post
That doesn't make much sense to me either...could it just be our imaginations? I think not.

But, agreeing with Leon, the combat system sounds interesting enough for me to buy the game. It's overall appeal to me is maybe 70 out of a 100 chance of me actually getting the game. X3

Besides...I love fighting games. I always kick ass, and now, the fighting game and the RPG have merged into one..*drools*
yes you may "kick-ass" in fighting game..."gilty gear X2"

so wicth light warrior is it? fighter?

"I Have No Idea Whats Go'in on"
kb-sama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2008, 06:08 AM   #8

dappa
Master Summoner

it would be cool if it plays like guilty gear, I'd be up for some of that if it did