Forums | RPG | Guild

Go Back   Final Fantasy Network > Final Fantasy Discussion > Final Fantasy XI
Community Mark Forums Read

Final Fantasy XI Take the FF world to the MMO world. Whats your thought on this cross platform, cross region game.

Old 12-05-2006, 07:07 PM   #1

Kiera
Princess of Capoeira

FFXI Discussion

I might as well put one since we do not have one. Here discuss everything related to FFXI. I guess I'll start out the topic.

Where are you in the game and what are you trying to accomplish?

"The Body is Limited to the Mind, but the Mind isn't Limited to the Body."
Kiera is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2006, 08:44 PM   #2

Staircase
Shinra Owner

Send a message via AIM to Staircase
Re: FFXI Discussion

Right now i am a level 19 WAR Hume and i am saving up for a longsword, because i still have a level 13 weapon. I'm about half way through level 19, so I'm also looking for partys so i can finish off this level.
Old 12-05-2006, 10:27 PM   #3

Kiera
Princess of Capoeira

Do not save for a sword actually, WAR's at end game use Axes, so buy an axe that is suited for your level and you know it'll last to atleast level 25. Also , What server are you on? I might be able to help you get your Kazham Pass if you have not gotten already. Start saving for Plated armor now xD.

Old 12-06-2006, 02:42 AM   #4

Staircase
Shinra Owner

I'm on Bismarck. And hopefully at level 30 i will become a paladin, and paladins are A+ with swords, so i'm thinking if i just use a sword until then i will have already done a number on my sword skill.

By the way, what level/class/race/ect. are you?
Old 12-06-2006, 04:38 PM   #5

Kiera
Princess of Capoeira

I am a 75 DRK and level 38 in all other jobs aside from NIN which is 40/WHM which is 48/and WAR which is 44. I am thinking of taking WHM to 75 but that is all the 75 level jobs I will have since I am trying to become a really good DRK. I want to get all the gears for my character. Yes paladins are good with swrds and shields, but one thing you should not do is do a tanking party with /nin as a pld. You will love meriting yourself since there are new abilities and a new update for paladins now. They have become more role played in their jobs. Most people beleive that NIN's can tank better, it all really depends on the person, but for an overall tanker I beleive PLD's are better since they can keep more hate than most jobs. I go DRK/NIN a lot and use Axes to spam my Special weapon skill which you have to fight a WSNM for. Absorb TP is so helpful, you can use TP moves 2 in about 3 seconds ^^b.

Old 12-06-2006, 05:18 PM   #6

Staircase
Shinra Owner

Damn, i wish i was that high. ^^

What server are you on?
Old 12-06-2006, 05:28 PM   #7

Kiera
Princess of Capoeira

I am on Seraph, I havn't played for a long time but I have 3/5 of all my WSNM's. Those are the weapon skills you can't just earn through skill points of the weapon, you must get the skill points and fight a monster to get it. The monster isn't hard if you have enough "Smart" people, not the ones who will panic lol. Anyways, I also am after end game gear for my DRK. I don't want to list them all though lol, later on you'll learn how to switch gears during battle which will help lots when fighting gods. My title right now is Kirin Captivator =P. I also like Dynamis runs. I will start playing again mid december when I have time. ^^b.

Old 12-06-2006, 08:16 PM   #8

Staircase
Shinra Owner

Nice, how long have you been playing for? It looks like you've been playing for a while, I'm level 20 and I've been playing for 2 months. -.-

It's too bad FFXI is down at the moment, i was really looking forward to playing it tonight. ='(
Old 12-06-2006, 09:29 PM   #9

Kiera
Princess of Capoeira

I did not know it was down, so sad lol, just wait until tomorrow or so, I have been playing since last 2 year, But, so far I have taken nearly 8 months off the game total through the whole time I have played it. It only took me 2 months to get to level 50 and I stopped there and did other things with the game, like craft and such. I am a level 50 Leather crafter and level 88 Bone craft. Level 50 Gold smith. Others are below level 20 so its not worth mentioning. I also have ways to get so much gill lol. Crafting makes it all and farming.

Old 12-20-2006, 01:34 AM   #10

Zynk
Vivi's Minder

Send a message via AIM to Zynk Send a message via Yahoo to Zynk

Had a female Elvaan on Fairy Drk 75 BST 65 NIN 63 and other jobs lvled as well, ALso my Clothcraft was at 93.7+3
Old 12-21-2006, 06:12 PM   #11

Kiera
Princess of Capoeira

nice, I am after the new salvage gear that just came out . I have 2 LSs I am running a CoP LS and a Slavage one, I am also in an HNMLS. Its so hard to keep everything running but someone has got to do it ^^. I was XPing for buffer today ^^, lol everyone in my LS and pt called me emo for using Soul Eater like crazy breaking a 2k Rampage.

Old 02-07-2007, 05:06 PM   #12

Seyluv
*Isu's Empress/Wife*

I haven't got it yet, but pretty soon I will have it. Just watch out, because me and my crew will beat who ever comes near us. We will rule the FFXI world in maybe a year or two. That is what I hope.
Old 02-14-2007, 04:55 PM   #13

Kiera
Princess of Capoeira

xD good luck, especially on my server, you can barely get any low levels leveled unless you get a Power Leveler because there are:
1 ) not enough low levels
2 ) enough low levels but not the right job
The reason being is because everyone on my server are mostly level 70+ and are always fighting some HNM (Hyper Notorious Monster) or fighting Gods. I am practically doing the same thing, if you ever want to get on my server, please send me a private messege on here when you do get it , and I will get you a world pass to my server so we can meet eachother and also your "Crew".
If you are to rule the server I am in, you'll have to beat Muteki and Keichen. They are Husband and Wife in rela life and both have:

All jobs level 75 including the new ones
All missions beaten
The best gear
Muteki has 4 Relic Weapons in which each take about 2 years on avg. for a normal player, he has been playing since 02 so that would mean 8 years but it only took him until 06 to get them all and he almost has every single one.
Keichen has 2 of them, which she practically had Muteki help her, she got hers in about 2 years.
They are practically the riches people on the server.
Though they do not play anymore, they gave their character's to their friends, they still have everything.