Forums | RPG | Guild

Go Back   Final Fantasy Network > General > Other Video Games
Community Mark Forums Read

Other Video Games Here you can find info on games that are not FF related. Post the games you want to talk about in here!

Old 02-01-2010, 08:36 PM   #1

TherathxRikku
Super Moderator

Send a message via Skype™ to TherathxRikku
Birth by Sleep: Kingdom Hearts (Contains Spoilers)

http://denhurd.files.wordpress.com/2...newfrench5.jpg
http://darkfayte.files.wordpress.com/2009/10/kh2.jpg
http://khdestiny.fr/screenshots/fin_secrete_0002.jpg

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DsNEwm0Vp8w

The following post contains my opinions based on footage and reviews I've read, it is not to be taken literally, these are only assumptions.

GAME INFO

Birth by Sleep is one of the trilogy of KH games that has come out recently, including 358/2 Days, and Encoded. The release date for EU, NA, AU have not been confirmed yet, but NA is sure to receive it by the end of 2010. It released in Japan on Jan. 7th, 2010 and has already sold close to 20,000 copies.

STORY

The story takes place more than ten years prior to the first Kingdom Hearts title, it features three characters, Terra, Aqua and Ven (Ventus). It takes place sometime after a certain Keyblade War, where millions of Keyblade Masters took up arms against each other, info on the war has not been released.

Taking place in the past, the story also shifts back in time for the Disney worlds, Olympus Coliseum features older characters from the FF universe, such as Zack Fair from FFVII, and Hercules is also in his teen years.

BATTLE SYSTEM

The battle system is similar to that of Crisis Core: Final Fantasy VII, instead of a battle menu taking place in an open dimension battlefield, it has "sets" of skills you can assign to your character, MP and magic abilities have been wiped from battle completely, instead you have a "Command" bar that slowly fills as you execute attacks. When the bar is full, you can unleash Focus mode, which allows you to perform powerful attacks and skills.

CHARACTERS

Disney characters have not all been confirmed, but the main characters are as follows...

Terra, one of the three knights seen in the secret ending to Kingdom Hearts II, and also the main protagonist. His past is unknown, and his Keyblade appears archaic.

Aqua, one of the three knights and secondary protagonist. Her character has not been explained in full detail yet.

Ventus, one of the three knights and protagonist. Bears a striking resemblance to Roxas of KHII, his connection to Sora and Roxas have not been released.

Xehanort, not the antagonist of Kingdom Hearts I, but an ancestor, or a relative with the same name and appearance.

Dark Soldier, apprentice and cohort of Xehanort, his identity is unknown.

This is all I know of the game, if I find more updates, I'll post back.

Quote:
Originally Posted by clief101_ View Post
You've dun alot for this forum and tried to keep it going as best as u can, and even though ur comp crashed ur still posting through ur PSP. That shows commitment to this site and thanx Therath!!

Stick around and watch this sight grow, become a veteran and then show the newbies how its dun!!

Last edited by TherathxRikku; 02-11-2010 at 06:57 PM.
TherathxRikku is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2010, 04:06 AM   #2

rissole25
Highwind Captain

Re: Birth by Sleep: Kingdom Hearts

Donald and Goofy better make an appearance somewhere

Quote:
Originally Posted by rissole25 View Post
My 1000th post was about you Leon
rissole25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2010, 06:07 AM   #3

clief101_
1st class SOLDIER

i think it'd be King mickey. that would be how he knows so much about the darkness and the keyblade itself, and perhaps how he obtained it?
Old 02-02-2010, 10:10 AM   #4

TherathxRikku
Super Moderator

Mickey is in it, he appeared at the end of the trailer, wielding the Star Seeker Keyblade, which I've figured is Yen Sid's Keyblade.

Quote:
You've dun alot for this forum and tried to keep it going as best as u can, and even though ur comp crashed ur still posting through ur PSP. That shows commitment to this site and thanx Therath!!

Stick around and watch this sight grow, become a veteran and then show the newbies how its dun!!
Old 02-02-2010, 10:44 AM   #5

clief101_
1st class SOLDIER

i havnt actually seen the trailers u posted yet.

okay, this is wat i understand of it. this game is the prelude to KH, 10 years back to be presise and some years after the keyblade war, where all the keyblade masters went into a war with eachother and more or less wiped themselves all out. the 3 main characters (terra, aqua and ventus or ven) are students to Master Eraqus who is to my understanding the last of the keyblade masters. Terra and Aqua take the keyblade master test (or wateva its called), terra fails and aqua passes, becoming a keyblade master himself. Ven dusnt take it because Master Eraqus thinks he's too young.

Xehanort is not the same person as in KH2. He has an apprentice named Vanitas. they dissapear so Master Eraqus sends Terra to find him, and has his body taken over by Xehanort, so then his heart drifts off somewhere untill it comes to Sora, which then it talks to him and Sora accepts him?? this is wen Sora is very young? he looks exactly like Roxas, which is why Roxas looks the way the he does? Um, Ven then goes after him and get possessed or something? so then Master Eraqus goes and tries to kill Ven because he thinks its the only way, to which then aqua then appears and doesnt know whats going on and protect Ven, so he practically kills his master, then Xehanort come along and ends up killing him and sends aqua to the dark realm? King mickey ends up coming and telling him that Soar is coming (This is wat KH3 will be about, Sora got the note from mickey that he needs his help. this is the help that he needs)

Now this is wat i can make out of wat happens? but i guess we'll jus have to find out?

Okay the theory above is kinda correct. im editing my post now to wat the game is realy about. this is the plot, if i dont want to read it, then dont as in contains spoilers.

**************************SPOILERS!!************** ****

Birth by Sleep begins in the Land of Departure, where three Keyblade wielders and close friends—Terra, Aqua, and Ventus (Ven for short)—train to become Keyblade Masters under Master Eraqus. To achieve this rank, apprentices must take the Master Qualification Exam once they come of age. Terra and Aqua take this test together, but while Aqua passes the test, Terra is deemed unfit to become a Keyblade Master due to the abundant darkness in his heart. Afterward, a group of mysterious creatures called the Unversed begin to surface in other worlds, and another Keyblade Master, Xehanort, disappears without a trace. Terra is sent to destroy the Unversed and find Xehanort, who had earlier encouraged him to embrace the darkness in his heart if he desires the strength to become a Keyblade Master. Ven, meanwhile, is goaded into following Terra by Xehanort's mysterious apprentice Vanitas, against Eraqus's wishes. Aqua is dispatched by Eraqus to survey Terra and keep him from falling into darkness, as well as to bring Ven back to the Land of Departure.

Upon arriving in other worlds, Terra, Aqua, and Ventus encounter various Disney characters, new and old, fighting off hoards of Unversed along the way. Among the characters they meet is Mickey Mouse, apprentice of the sorcerer Yen Sid, who is also on a mission to destroy the Unversed. Terra ends up attracting the attention of several Disney villains, who offer him the whereabouts of Master Xehanort in exchange of assistance for their own dark agendas. Terra reasons that Xehanort is after the seven Princesses of Heart—maidens who lack darkness in their hearts—and encourages Aqua to help them strengthen the light in their hearts, hoping it will draw Xehanort out. However, Aqua and Ven grow increasingly concerned for Terra when they hear rumors of him committing sinister deeds throughout other worlds. The three briefly reunite at Radiant Garden, where Aqua meets Kairi, a young girl containing a strong and pure light in her heart, and helps strengthen her light. Aqua and Ven also confront Terra, who distances himself from them to keep them out of the way of his increasingly dangerous dark powers. Terra and Aqua try to convince Ven to return to the Land of Departure, but he refuses until he is certain Terra won't fall into darkness.

Terra and Aqua eventually find themselves at Destiny Islands where they encounter two young boys, Sora and Riku. Terra sees potential within Riku and deems him worthy of one day wielding the Keyblade, while Aqua senses strong ties with Sora and Riku to Ven and Terra, respectively. Ven, meanwhile, comes across Master Xehanort, who reveals his intentions to use Ven's heart to create a final Keyblade known as the Χ-Blade, something Xehanort says Master Eraqus had known all along. Ven returns to the Land of Departure to confront Eraqus, who tries to erase Ven to prevent Xehanort's plans from succeeding. However, Terra, who had been sent there by Xehanort, misinterprets the situation and attacks Eraqus, teleporting Ven to safety. As soon as Terra realizes his error, Xehanort kills Eraqus and tells Terra to go to the Keyblade Graveyard, leaving the Land of Departure to be tornadoed by darkness. At Destiny Islands, Ven once again encounters Vanitas and learns of his hazy past: Ventus was once Xehanort's apprentice, but his heart was deemed too frail for Xehanort to use him as he intended, so he extracted the darkness in Ven's heart and used it to create Vanitas. As with Terra before him, Ven is instructed by Vanitas to go to the Keyblade Graveyard. Aqua, in the meantime, learns of Eraqus's death from Yen Sid, who tells her to go to the Keyblade Graveyard as well.

Terra, Aqua, and Ventus gather at the Keyblade Graveyard, where the remains of the mysterious Keyblade War are found. Master Xehanort appears with Vanitas and reveals his plan to use the Χ-Blade to unlock Kingdom Hearts and unleash the forbidden secrets of the Keyblade War onto the various worlds, as well as to use Terra's body as a new vessel for his own heart so that he may survive long enough to see his plans come to fruition. An epic battle ensues, with Xehanort freezing Ven and Vanitas knocking Aqua unconscious. In his rage, Terra unleashes the darkness in his heart, inadvertently allowing Xehanort to unlock his own heart and successfully transfer it into Terra's body. However, Terra's sentiment continues to linger in his discarded suit of armor, which comes to life and defeats Xehanort. Ven, meanwhile, manages to thaw himself before Vanitas can kill Aqua, and discovers his dark counterpart to be the source of all Unversed. Vanitas merges with Ven, possessing him and creating the Χ-Blade. Aqua awakens under Mickey's care, and the two fight the possessed Ventus while he battles Vanitas from within. Aqua shatters the Χ-Blade as Ven destroys Vanitas, though Ven's heart is lost in the process. The destroyed Χ-Blade unleashes a burst of light, which consumes everyone present and scatters them to the corridors of space, save for Terra's armor and sentiment, which remain in the Keyblade Graveyard.

Mickey saves Aqua and Ventus and brings them to Yen Sid's tower, where Aqua learns that Ven has fallen into a deep sleep and will not awaken until his heart returns. Aqua brings Ven back to the ruins of the Land of Departure, where she discovers Master Eraqus's Keyblade and uses it to unlock the Chamber of Waking and create Castle Oblivion from the ruins. After leaving Ven within the chamber, Aqua goes to Radiant Garden where she encounters Xehanort still in Terra's body, but having lost his memories. Aqua then battles Xehanort who attempts to unlock his own heart again. Soon after, Terra's body starts sinking into darkness, but Aqua dives into the darkness and saves Terra from disappearing. She ends up getting trapped in the Realm of Darkness and beginning a journey to return to her friends. Xehanort is discovered by Ansem the Wise, ruler of Radiant Garden, and goes on to become his apprentice. Finally, Ventus's wandering heart finds its way to young Sora, merging with the young boy's heart.

***************END SPOILERS***********

This was provided from http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kingdom...Birth_by_Sleep

Last edited by clief101_; 02-02-2010 at 11:03 AM.
clief101_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2010, 04:48 AM   #6

rissole25
Highwind Captain

*********SPOILERS*********

YES! I knew that would happen. I knew that Xehanort would somehow become Terra and then become the Xehanort we all know and love.

So basically, the boss of each Kingdom Hearts game have basically been 1 guy? Ansem in KH1 was Xehanort/Terra's Heartless and Xenmas from KH2 was Xehanort/Terra's Nobody?

Also in KH2 Final Mix, I think the plot is sorta given away because there is a cutscene with Xemnas and Terra's armour and he's talking to it like he knew who's armour it was.

*********SPOILERS END*********

Quote:
Old 02-03-2010, 05:14 AM   #7

clief101_
1st class SOLDIER

i thinking because he lost his heart, would there be a nobody of him??
Old 02-04-2010, 04:49 AM   #8

rissole25
Highwind Captain

A nobody of who?

Quote:
Old 02-04-2010, 10:15 AM   #9

clief101_
1st class SOLDIER

terra? coz his heart was seperated from his body
Old 02-05-2010, 04:03 AM   #10

rissole25
Highwind Captain

I guess Xemnas is considered Terra's nobody AND Xehanort's nobody.

Quote:
Old 02-05-2010, 05:03 AM   #11

clief101_
1st class SOLDIER

na it cant be, because they r 2 diff ppl. it would be like saying that roxas is both kairi and sora's nobodies, but namine is kairi's coz shes a diff person
Old 02-05-2010, 09:09 AM   #12

TherathxRikku
Super Moderator

*brain implodes*

Terra...........is the main bad guy with the BADASS VOICE ACTING in KHI? Damn spoilers with their temptation. T-T I could've just not read it.

The way I figure it is Xehanort (BbS Xehanort) comes back to life when Terra/Xehanort's heartless was created, except the Heartless went after the "Heart of all Worlds" to possess the ultimate darkness within, whilst Xemnas wished to possess it to become the whole Xehanort he used to be. Although he said he "abandoned" the name Xehanort, so that could be a potential bullethole in my theory..

Quote:

Old 02-05-2010, 09:14 AM   #13

clief101_
1st class SOLDIER

the Xehanort in BbS is the same 1 as Ansem the wise's apprentise. He is using Terra's body so that he can see out his plans or something? im confused? thats wat the wiki thing says, but there r so many wholes in wat it says? like he's a keyblade master, then y cant he use it as a nobody like roxas can? its so confusing!!
Old 02-05-2010, 09:44 AM   #14

TherathxRikku
Super Moderator

I can answer that, the Keyblade responds only to it's master's will, Terra's will stayed with the Armor, that's why the armor is using it in KHII: FM, if Terra's will remained in his body when Xehanort took over, Xehanort would've been shoved out, so he has no hope in using the Keyblade, period.

Quote:

Old 02-05-2010, 09:47 AM   #15

clief101_
1st class SOLDIER

but Xehanort is a keyblade master before he enters Terra's body? and he's trying to make the 'X-Blade' or 'X-key'