Forums | RPG | Guild

Go Back   Final Fantasy Network > Final Fantasy Discussion > Final Fantasy XII
Community Mark Forums Read

Final Fantasy XII The newest face of FF, a mixture of old and new, with graphics that open eyes and leave you wanting more.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 05-19-2007, 02:35 AM   #1

Phoenix Flame
Go Umbarbar do my bidding

Send a message via MSN to Phoenix Flame
Thumbs up FFXII power-leveling guide!

YOU CAN NOW FIND THIS GUIDE COMPLETED AT: http://www.neoseeker.com/resourceli...6507&rid=145011

This is going to be my first guide of any FF I've played - I hope you enjoy it!

While I'm at it: This guide is my personal intellectual property - for the time being, it is only available to FFNet and it's members/guests. If I find this guide anywhere else on the netz0rz I will sue j00 n00b! =^_^=

Nao! Let's talk a little about who this is for ------> This guide assumes you've at least played through Final Fantasy XII once...and are looking for a way to maximize the enjoyment and entertainment the game offers without spending 130 hours of your life leveling to 99, getting top-equipment, killing marks and saving Ivalice. If you want to spend that much time on a game, be my guest - FFs are wonderful in that no matter how long it takes you to finish one they are still awesome. It is not difficult to see why Square-Enix enjoys the popularity of the game series even after 20+ years!!! ^_^

Feel free to PM me with any questions/comments/rude remarks which I will likely ignore... J/K XD! I know that I WILL NOT include every minute detail about the game, but if you would like to see anything added to the guide (or want to comment/add info yourself that I may not have thought of/couldn't be troubled to add-in - be my guest!) ;arf

----------------------------First and only warning: Zodiac Spear--------------------------------
The most powerful weapon in the game (which we will get early if you follow this walkthrough) is unique in that there are two ways to get it. If you want to be able to get it easily, DO NOT OPEN several key chests from the beginning of the game until you obtain it in the Nechrol of Nabudis. These chests are as follows: 1) In front of Old Dalan's hangout in Lowtown. 2) Rabanastre: palace basement - just don't get any chests here and you'll be ok. 3) Nalbina fortress, after your fight with the Seeqs - where you pick up your equipment and map from - don't touch the chests here! 4) Phon coast...which we won't even make it to before obtaining the spear...but JUST IN CASE YOU GO ADVENTURING. XD!
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Blitzing - Part one. Time frame: why aren't you already doing this? o_O

In this first part of the leveling-up process I will let you decide how much is enough. I've seen several people use this method and get as high as level 80 before moving on with the story. I'm talking, of course, about the very beginning of the game when you only have Vaan...think back to the Rogue Tomato hunt... XD! That's how early we're talking about here!!! So - How high (level) do you want to be when you fight those stinkin Demon Walls?!?! 20, 50, 70??? It's up to you and here's why: there is a simple-to-do, easy-to-repeat way to level-up relatively quickly at the beginning of the game. First-off, you have to stock up on phoenix downs...so you may want to chain wolves in the Estersand long enough to buy a healthy supply (I suggest 30+.) Nao - you are ready to begin

There is a rare monster in the Dalmascan Westersand named Dustia. He only appears if/when you have < 10% health. To make him appear, you simply can allow the wolves in the first area - Galtea Downs - to attack you until you are at critical health and then flee to the next northern area (where Dustia will appear after you take a step or two...) - which I DO NOT reccommend because it takes too long. On the other hand, you can attack yourself until you are critial. NOTE: This is VERY tricky - doing this incorrectly will KO you and you will get game over. Vaan killed himself twice at a very high chain level before I figured out what I was doing wrong and I was so pissed....I'm sure you'll see why when I explain. The closer you are to critial HP, the easier it is to link your attacks and combo. Here's what you do: after you attack yourself when you are close to critical you have to bring up your menu and change equipment - essentially this resets the animation for your attack killing any combo you may have had. In english: Vaan won't kill hisself n00b! ;res Now you are ready to chain the rare monster known as Dustia...

Last edited by reasoniamalive; 10-19-2007 at 08:58 AM.
Phoenix Flame is offline   Reply With Quote