Forums | RPG | Guild

Go Back   Final Fantasy Network > Final Fantasy Discussion > Final Fantasy X
Community Mark Forums Read

Final Fantasy X The FF that made the new generation graphics really take you back and go.... Wait, really?

Old 05-28-2006, 01:35 PM   #1

xcLusiv
T-Rexuar Snack

HELP! seymour flux

gawd damnit getting crazy of seymour...
this one is overpowered, when he does his super Annihilation or somthing
= instant party kill like 5k damage? wtf. could any one tell me how to beat this suck guy.
-thanks
xcLusiv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2006, 04:01 PM   #2

Tidus 808
T-Rexuar Snack

Cool Re: HELP! seymour flux

The obvious point is not Seymour being a sucky guy, but perhaps the player attempting to defeat such a WEAK Boss. Now ask yourself again, Is Seymour Sucky or am I? For the ways of FFX and those who have Mastered it, look upon such weak willed comments with more humour then pity.
With that being said, beef up your party and make sure they have auto-med and auto-potion. Also cast haste on your party to increase their speed. PS. I spoke to Seymour this morning and he told me he may be a sucky guy by your standards but you are the Wimpiest Wanna be FFX player he has ever had the displeasure to take on. He also told me to tell you to "Bring It"!

Mod Edit: Try a little not to personally attack other members, even if only subtly.

Last edited by Zeromus_X; 05-28-2006 at 04:41 PM.
Tidus 808 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2006, 04:50 PM   #3
Zeromus_X
Master Summoner

Re: HELP! seymour flux

Yeah.

For Flux, Tida casting Hastega helps alot. (It helps on anything, but meh.) Have Yuna cast Protect on everyone, to reduce the damage of Cross-Cleave. When he uses Lance of Atrophy (the attack that turns a party member into a Zombie), use a Holy Water so he'll waste a turn trying to 'kill' you with Full-Life. When Mortiochis is charging up for Total Ahnillation, kill it quickly with a powerful attack. (Usually an Aeon or something.) It has a couple of turns before it actually uses it. And, you'll siphon more life from Seymour, so two birds with one stone.

It should also be noted that this helps in every boss fight: Get everyone's Overdrives and all of Yuna's Aeons' Overdrives full before the battle. That way, when you dodge Total Ahnillation, you can nuke him with Aeons. Though, if you use Kimahri in your main party, you can have him cast Big Guard so you'll be Shelled and Protected. Remember to heal after those big attacks he has. You can try silencing or using Bio on him, if you want.

Really, you'll be surprised what filling up everyone's gauges ahead of time can do. I also had trouble with this boss, and that helped tremendously.
Zeromus_X is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2006, 01:24 AM   #4

Hydra
3, 2, 1, Let's Jam

Send a message via MSN to Hydra Send a message via Yahoo to Hydra

Also, for an easy way, get all of your aeons overdrive up near the save point, if you don't want to get ones overdrive up, get Yuna's overdrive up. Then use them. Cast Hastega with Tidus, and Bio with Lulu, like they said. You shouldn't even see Cross Cleave or most of his damaging attacks then.

Edit:Zeromus beat me to it. Er...let me think of something else. Oh, use Auron. And hit him. Yeah. That helps, since he's strong. xD
Old 05-29-2006, 02:28 AM   #5
Zeromus_X
Master Summoner

The sheer power of Auron's awesomness can take down all the Dark Aeons at once.

Unfortunately, Zeromus doesn't have the PAL version, so Auron only gets to destroy Nemesis. Oh well.
Old 05-29-2006, 10:48 AM   #6

Hydra
3, 2, 1, Let's Jam

Send a message via MSN to Hydra Send a message via Yahoo to Hydra

Auron+Masamune+1 HP+Maximum Stats=...madness. o.0 Guess you could put him on Auto Life, then let his life waste away before attacking again.
Old 07-04-2006, 11:19 PM   #7

Greendragon
Moogle Farmer

Send a message via AIM to Greendragon

okay i havent played in a while so bear with me. i know that rikku can make something. that can almost 100% poison him. then if you can stay alive long enuf to get her overdive back up you can make a....uhh....grr cant remember...its the things that make either one person or your whole party hit 9999 damage every hit. but i cant remember what theyre called but i remember one ingredient. dark matter. anywayz, if you get that you can kill him in a few minutes. but if you cant make that just poison him and have yuna heal every turn, even if you dont need it. just do it. so just keep attacking and he SHOULD die off pretty easily. sorry if this dosent help. im just workin off of memory.

http://www.ffnet.net/forum/showthread.php?t=1098&page=1&pp=15
Greendragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2006, 01:18 AM   #8
Zeromus_X
Master Summoner

This is worth a watch.
Old 08-03-2006, 01:27 AM   #9

Phoenix Flame
Go Umbarbar do my bidding

Send a message via MSN to Phoenix Flame

Not bad suggestions...especially Zeromus_X - as usual

Yeah, overdrives tend to be the edge in a tough battle like this one. Aeons can survive basically anything w/'shield' so use that. the Zombie status can be annoying so stock up on holy waters from rin's travel agency in the calm lands and just pound away w/attack reels,...have someone entrust, attack reels,..entrust until he's dead (most effecient way I've found, also saves your stock of items.) If you are trying stay on top of capturing monsters I've found that battling over and over to get the fiends o the field really helps when it comes to difficult battles like this one. In addition to getting through most (if not all) of your characters specific section (or, if you are using the awesome 'gang of theives' walkthrough found on gamefaqs.com, 2 or three people will be going through Rikku's portion - just use your main attackers and you should be just fine w/a couple mega-potions and aeons to save your hind-end.) finding a ton of fiends gives you cool items you can customize your weapons with. Armors w/zombie proof would be ideal, but you cannot customize them until later in the game due to a shortage of baddies that you can steal them from or that drop them...but you can customize zombie ward w/30 holy waters. magic defense + 10% (although you can probably find them randomly from fiends.) In addition, raising your stats - especially agility is great. Hastega sometimes just isn't enough (especially if Auron only goes through his section of the grid before the fight!!!)

There - that does it. it would have taken me less time to actually hand Seymour his ass, but alas. Some gamers need the help.
You only get one shot at life. Follow your heart.

Last edited by reasoniamalive; 08-03-2006 at 01:30 AM.
Phoenix Flame is offline   Reply With Quote