Forums | RPG | Guild

Go Back   Final Fantasy Network > Final Fantasy Discussion > Final Fantasy IX
Community Mark Forums Read

Final Fantasy IX The crystal comes back! Discuss Square's final installment to the FF series on the PSX.

Old 08-24-2006, 08:06 PM   #1

Zeon
Master Thief

Location: where the tonberry lies, i'll be there, where the sea meets the sands, i'll be there...hell :)
Send a message via MSN to Zeon
Talking fmv skip

yer i was wondering a while ago coz my FMV's on disc 2 wernt working and they always freezed up.......how the hell am i spose to get further now??? well i opened and closed the disc tray and WALA skipped the fmv...........useful. does anyone know why it does this maybe or do u think its justb a glitch?
Zeon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2006, 08:20 PM   #2

Avathar
"GET YOUR NAILS DONE!!"

Send a message via AIM to Avathar Send a message via MSN to Avathar Send a message via Yahoo to Avathar Send a message via Skype™ to Avathar
Re: fmv skip

I have the exact same problem with the third disc. And it's probably due to, ehm, neglecting the discs themselve ;_;

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luis
Now, contemplate the tuttifrutti powahs in my avatar!
MWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHA!!!!
Last.fm YouTube DeviantArt Last.FM TheShrine DinoButt
Avathar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2006, 02:50 PM   #3

Zeon
Master Thief

Location: where the tonberry lies, i'll be there, where the sea meets the sands, i'll be there...hell :)

i guess tht has something to do with it...........but i got a new set tht was mint and un-opened from the packaging and yet still the disc 2 FMV's refused to work. i mean wtf???
Old 08-25-2006, 02:55 PM   #4

Avathar
"GET YOUR NAILS DONE!!"

Send a message via AIM to Avathar Send a message via MSN to Avathar Send a message via Yahoo to Avathar Send a message via Skype™ to Avathar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeon
i guess tht has something to do with it...........but i got a new set tht was mint and un-opened from the packaging and yet still the disc 2 FMV's refused to work. i mean wtf???
O_o

How long have you had your Playstation? It could be, just guessing, but it could be that the laser in the disc-reader has been overused, or damaged? Therefore, when it comes to fmv sequences, it runs really really slow.

Quote:
Old 08-25-2006, 03:27 PM   #5

Zeon
Master Thief

mmmmm thts probly it........ive had it like 7 years or so now.........the only reason i use my ps1 over the ps2 is coz the ps2 doesnt even read ps1 games anymore which really sucks. i need to save up for new ones
Old 08-25-2006, 08:05 PM   #6

Yggdrasill
Cruxis Angel

Send a message via MSN to Yggdrasill

My disc 1 crashes on the final FMV.
A simple open-and-close of my PS2's disc cover skips the FMV though.
Btw, you still have a PS1. Wow. O_O

Homer: I've learned that life is one crushing defeat after another until you just wish Flanders was dead.
Yggdrasill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2006, 08:12 PM   #7

Avathar
"GET YOUR NAILS DONE!!"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yggdrasill
Btw, you still have a PS1. Wow. O_O
Why is that surprising you?

Quote:
Old 08-25-2006, 08:17 PM   #8

Zeon
Master Thief

i didnt used to have one but when my ps2 stopped reading the discs the only option was a ps1 and besides it was one of the only consoles i didnt have at the time. i still dont have them all but im playing to flog of my old consoles for hgih prices and try to save to follow the FF's into there future releases onto ps3............although ive heard of a change to xbox 360.........probly bollox tho (excuse the language :s)
Old 08-25-2006, 08:17 PM   #9

Yggdrasill
Cruxis Angel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Avathar
Why is that surprising you?
Most PS1's are over 11 years old, since the original PS1 was made in 1995.
It's just kinda suprising that a PS1 would last this long, unless he has a PSone. My PS1 broke after 2 years of having it.

Homer: I've learned that life is one crushing defeat after another until you just wish Flanders was dead.
Old 08-25-2006, 08:20 PM   #10

Zeon
Master Thief

nope i have the real deal but coz of it no longer being of service im getting a PSone and maybe a PSX (new one) as ive got games tht i still like to play on tht thing. oh btw has anyone heard any info on the new release dates for FF12?
Old 08-25-2006, 08:25 PM   #11

Avathar
"GET YOUR NAILS DONE!!"

Well, I have an ordinary Playstation, an 'original' one. My bro has a PSX, though, haven't used that a lot.. hm.. And the PS, yeah, it's old, but so what? I still got great games for it. Meh.

Quote:
Old 08-25-2006, 08:26 PM   #12

Yggdrasill
Cruxis Angel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeon
oh btw has anyone heard any info on the new release dates for FF12?
FF12's release date is October for the US, I think it's the 31st but i'll double-check that. Europe still has no confirmed date though but knowing Square it'll be 2007. =/

Old 08-25-2006, 08:29 PM   #13

Zeon
Master Thief

oh man tht sucks............probly like feburary though which isnt to bad i guess.......