Forums | RPG | Guild

Go Back   Final Fantasy Network > Final Fantasy Discussion > Final Fantasy VII
Community Mark Forums Read

Final Fantasy VII The Legendary Final Fantasy! Come talk about this classic Hit from 1997

Old 05-12-2005, 07:16 PM   #1

Arkacia
Gunblade Expert

Final Fantasy VII Weapons/Hardest Bosses, etc.

I've scoured the net and tried various metholds I've found on it to beat ruby weapon but nothing has worked. I get killed every time .

Has anyone here managed to beat it and if so how?

I've played the game through about 10 times and would love to just once do it completly with nothing left undone. I've not managed to beat emerald weapon either but think I've figured that one out. Ruby weapon just defeats me every time.
Old 05-12-2005, 07:20 PM   #2

LoKuS
Master Thief

Send a message via AIM to LoKuS
Get your guys up more levels.
Old 05-12-2005, 07:24 PM   #3

Arkacia
Gunblade Expert

I've done that believe me .

Am an expert at level farming.
Old 05-12-2005, 09:45 PM   #4

FFnut
Master Thief

Location: The space between dimensions... kinda like where Gilgamesh ends up in FF5.
Get command counter materia, and grow it until you have eight mastered. Do the same with mime. Have one of your characters with eight sets of linked slots so you can set up an eight-linked counter-mime chain. Give your person as much weapon power as possible and get limit (preferably one with multiple atacks). Launch a limit once the battle starts and don't do anything. Once Ruby attacks the character who used limit and has the insane amounts of counter-mime...

Well, I've seen this combo beat Emmy in a minute and eighteen seconds with Barret's Ungarmax. If it can beat Emerald that quickly, imagine what it can do against Ruby.

"Only an egotistical bastard would sig himself." ~ FFnut

That is not dead which can eternal lie
And with strange aeons even death may die.

Commander Of The Platinum Dragons

Official Ex-Member
FFnut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2005, 11:36 PM   #5

Arkacia
Gunblade Expert

Thanks for that. I'll give it a go once I can get the materia I need for it .
Old 05-13-2005, 04:01 AM   #6

ShadowHeart
Master Summoner

Send a message via MSN to ShadowHeart
That won't work against Ruby IMO. Ruby has the single highest defense in the game. Have you ever tried using regular attacks or limit breaks on him? I have.. you will miss almost every hit, and if you do hit, you will do pathetic damage compared to what you do against normal enemies and bosses.

I once tried the All Lucky 7s trick against Ruby. The character doing it will hit the enemy 64 times for 7777 damage each. But I can't remember a single one of those 64 attacks connecting.. maybe a handful actually connected, but I think every single one missed Ruby.

What it comes down to is.. if you want to kill Ruby Weapon with attacks and limit breaks, you basically need to max out your strength and have a very high attack %. And that's not worth the time and effort IMO..

This is what I always do against Ruby:

Put a Mime or Master Command on each character, so that everyone has the Mime command. One character gets W-Summon, KotR and Hades (or W-Summon and a Master Summon materia, if you have one). One character gets Phoenix if you didn't put a Master Summon on someone. That's all you need. I always fill up the rest of the materia slots with materia that I want to master (you do get 50,000 AP for beating Ruby and Emerald, I don't see a reason to let it go to waste), and usually have Double or Triple growth weapons on everyone (to get the most out of those 50,000 AP afterwards). Just leave enough slots for HP Plus materias so you'll have 9999 HP on everyone.

Enter a battle with some weak enemy and kill off everyone except the character with Phoenix, and finish the battle. Save your game ^_^. Enter battle with Ruby. As soon as he puts his claws in the ground, cast Phoenix to revive the other 2 characters. Now, have the character with the W-Summon materia summon Hades and KotR in one turn, and Mime with the other 2. Hades will cause Stop on Ruby, preventing him from countering KotR (if he's not stopped, he will automatically counter KotR with Ultima). Now you just need to keep miming until the battle ends. Easy.

This has worked against Ruby every time for me, and with Double/Triple growth weapons and the huge AP bonus from both Ruby and Emerald I always have every materia (except maybe KotR) mastered at least once after those 2 fights.

Oh and I should say that this will only work if you have the battle mode on Wait or Recommended. If you have it on Active, Ruby will always wake up during KotR because it takes so damn long (with Active, time never stops in battle).
Memories will fade

Last edited by Shadowheart; 05-13-2005 at 04:05 AM.
ShadowHeart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2005, 06:05 AM   #7

Arkacia
Gunblade Expert

Thanks for the advice all, I'll try your metholds and hopefully one of them will work for me .
Old 05-13-2005, 03:13 PM   #8

Squall85
Moogle Farmer

Send a message via AIM to Squall85
I haven't played VII in a couple years but i remember beating him by first having 2 of my guys killed so he would put his hands down or something like that, then i revive my guys KOR, Limit breaks, elixiers n it was done
Squall85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2005, 02:27 AM   #9

Arkacia
Gunblade Expert

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnnylumpkin
I've never played it.
If you've never played and don't know what we're talking about then please don't spam up my thread by posting .
Old 05-15-2005, 11:11 AM   #10

Gumdrop
Highwind Pilot

I recomend you fight Emerald first I always found him to be easier, I can't be bothered to write a huge long stratagy or anything but I'll tell you the materia you need the most; Knights of the round paired with w-summon, Pheonix paired with final attack, mime materia on at least two characters paired with MP Absorb or Turbo (can't remeber which) and a enemy skill with angle wishper just incase

Tip, easy ways to lvl up materia:

collect the w-item materia from the tunnles during your last visit to Midgar and use the w-item trick to get 99 Elixers (well...quite a few anyway) then go down the Northen cave and give the magic pots Elixers.
also down the northern cave are Movers, they give you loads of AP for finishing them off.

Hope this helps...
Gumdrop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2005, 12:02 PM   #11
T_H_E_O_N_E
T-Rexuar Snack

You really doesnt have to have so many master command if you want to beat him.
But if you want every character to be alive at the end, either revive them at the end or give the them the same equipment.

MASTERED Command Counter Materia paired with Mime
Knights of the Round paired with HP Absorb

just make sure you dont die in one hit and enough magic protection (200+)
Ribbon is verry usefull to have to.

You can beat him that way but if you want it fast have
2 Knights of the Round Charges and W-sumon
Master Summon paired with MP Turbo

If your other players is dead when you start the fight, cast Knights of the Round and wait.

Everytime you get attacked you counter with Knights of the Round and get full hp.
T_H_E_O_N_E is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2005, 02:37 AM   #12

Lionheart250
Cactuar Thorn

Location: In the Northen Crater helping Sephiroths real body!
Send a message via AIM to Lionheart250
Final Fantasy 7's Hardest Bosses

Emerald Weapon
Hp:850000 - 1000000
Mp:9999 - 99999
Needings:Final Attack, KOR, Phionex, Quadra Magic, Final Limits, Bahamut ZERO,
3 Huge Materias,Other
Winnings:Earth Harp
Tradings: In the Kalm City talk to the man you give Guide Book and give the Earth Harp for Master Command, Summon, Magic.
Unleashed by: Beating or losing the submirane mini-game.

Ruby Weapon
Hp:1000000 - 1250250
Mp:99999 - 999999
Needings:Final Attack, KOR, Phionex, Mime, Master All, Mega All, 2xCut or 4xCut, Hades, Dazers, Master Command, Master Summon, Master Magic, W.Magic, W.Summon, D.Blow(Death Blow).
Winnings:Gold Chocobo(Should Already Have It For KOR and Mime and all
Lionheart250 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2005, 07:05 AM   #13

ShadowHeart
Master Summoner

Send a message via MSN to ShadowHeart
Re: Final Fantasy 7's Hardest Bosses

Yeah, and I'm pretty sure most ppl here already knew about them

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lionheart250
Needings:Final Attack, KOR, Phionex, Quadra Magic, Final Limits, Bahamut ZERO, 3 Huge Materias,Other
Not true .. I've beaten Emerald without using KOR or Final Attack once.. and I have never used Bahamut ZERO on him.

Quote:
Needings:Final Attack, KOR, Phionex, Mime, Master All, Mega All, 2xCut or 4xCut, Hades, Dazers, Master Command, Master Summon, Master Magic, W.Magic, W.Summon, D.Blow(Death Blow).
All you NEED to beat Ruby is KOR, Hades, W-Summon and Mime. That's it.
Memories will fade
ShadowHeart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2005, 02:23 PM   #14

FFnut
Master Thief

Location: The space between dimensions... kinda like where Gilgamesh ends up in FF5.

Quote:
Needings:Final Attack, KOR, Phionex, Quadra Magic, Final Limits, Bahamut ZERO, 3 Huge Materias,Other
I've seen a video of Emerald being beaten in 78 seconds (no Underwater Materia so you could see the timer) with NONE of these. The entire battle was Barret using Ungarmax (his 3-2 limit), getting attacked, and counter-miming Ungarmax eight times (although he only needed four before Emerald keeled over). Battle ended with the timer at 18:42. Absolutely amazing.

"Only an egotistical bastard would sig himself." ~ FFnut

That is not dead which can eternal lie
And with strange aeons even death may die.

Commander Of The Platinum Dragons

Official Ex-Member
FFnut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2005, 06:50 PM   #15

Lionheart250
Cactuar Thorn

Location: In the Northen Crater helping Sephiroths real body!
Send a message via AIM to Lionheart250

Ultimate Weapon
HP:10000 - 100000
MP:400 - 9999
Location:Mideel, Fort Condor, Junon, Nieblhiem, Cosmo Canyon
Attack
_____________ Battle Strategy
Ultima Beam _________________________________
Quake3
Shadow Flare
The Ultimate Weapon has only two attacks: Quake and the Ultima Beam. He's pretty easy to beat so just keep summoning your best monsters and use physical attacks to deal out damage. After you've injured it enough, it will fly away. You can battle this Weapon a total of four times. After the final battle, you'll receive Cloud's ultimate weapon.

Diamond Weapon
HP:50000
MP:3000
Attack
_____________ Battle Strategy
Stomp _____________________________
Laser Ray
Diamond Flash
Diamond Weapon isn't much of a challenge, but be sure to keep your party HP up. Since Diamond Weapon is typically immune to physical attacks, take him out with constant magic and summon attacks. Killing him before the countdown reaches zero will reward your party with experience, AP, and gil. However, if you don't finish him off in time the Sister Ray will fire and destroy him and the shield around the Northern Crater.

Ruby Weapon
HP:1000000 - 1250250
MP:900
Location:Corel Desert -The Ruby Weapon is located just outside of the Gold Saucer in the desert and can be approached either by the Highwind or a chocobo.
Attack
______________ Battle Strategy
Whirlsand ____________________________
Grand Sweep
Ruby Ray
Ruby Fire
Ultima
Comet
Shadow Flare
Start off the battle by having the character equipped with the Big Guard Enemy Skill cast Big Guard. It is important that this be the first thing done in the battle; it will help Cloud tremendously. Have Cloud cast Bahamut ZERO with W-Summon. Although damage may be negligable, it will provoke Ruby Weapon to release his tenticles behind you. At this point, it is not significant if any other characters besides Cloud get sucked off the battle field. Cast a W-Summoned Knights of the Round at the tentacles. This materia will be highly powerful with the added power of the Magic Plus materia. You'll also get healed because of the HP Absorb. Mimic every turn and Knights of the Round will be cast twice, regardless of its level. In addition, you won't lose any MP by mimicing this summon. Keep doing this each turn and you will eventually kill him. Ruby may try using Comet2 and other highly powerful spells, but most will miss with the Mystile Armor.

Emerald Weapon
HP:800000 - 1000000
MP:100
Location:Underwater Area - The Emerald Weapon is located under the ocean, accessible by the Submarine and can be approached by making contact. You'll have 20 minutes to complete the battle unless you have the Underwater Materia.
Attack
__________ Battle Strategy
Emerald Shoot ____________________
Emerald Beam
Revenge Stamp
Aire Tam Storm
Start by casting W-Summon using Bahamut ZERO and Knights of the Round with your second character. Have Cloud mimic your second character. This combo will allow Bahamut ZERO to be cast 4 times and Knights of the Round once afterward. Keep mimicking with Cloud, skipping other characters' turns. After several Bahamut ZERO and Knights of the Round attacks, Emerald Weapon will probably try to kill you with Aire Tam Storm. Phoenix will revive your group and you'll have to start the combination over again. After you've defeated the Emerald Weapon, you'll aquire the Earth Harp. You can exchange with the man at Kalm for three Master Materias.
Lionheart250 is offline   Reply With Quote