Forums | RPG | Guild

Go Back   Final Fantasy Network > Final Fantasy Discussion > Final Fantasy X
Community Mark Forums Read

Final Fantasy X The FF that made the new generation graphics really take you back and go.... Wait, really?

Old 07-04-2009, 09:48 AM   #1

Phoenix Flame
Go Umbarbar do my bidding

Send a message via MSN to Phoenix Flame
New Playthrough =}

Going through this game again (this time w/wifey.) I'm going for as many thieves as possible/desired early-on. http://www.gamefaqs.com/console/ps2/file/197344/20050 The basic idea is to grind through the game as quickly as possible making use of your party of thieves to quickly stealstealstealstealpwn enemies. I'm having a difficult time deciding what to do with Kimhari. I'm making him a thief - so he's only got limited movement in his part of the sphere grid until I get some level 1 key spheres - at which point he's going directly to Rikku's grid to get steal & use... Then, I'm thinking about waiting around that nearby level 2 lock until Spherimorph (overkill him for two level 2 key spheres) - then I'll move him up and into Yuna's grid, getting Protect and Shell...then going the opposite direction and try to get to Holy before the Biran and Yenke fight. Is this a good idea? Any suggestions on an alternate route? I could go through Wakka's, but I have a feeling it will take to long to get there backtracking and he'll be underpowered and won't have Regen to help with the multiple steal attempts I'm going to try on the Ronsos (I'm going for a total of 8 level 3 key sphere steals from these guys...so I'll have to survive for a WHIIIIIILE. Not to mention I want to learn all of there available overdrives/rages.)

Well, that's it in a nut shell. I appreciate any feedback you guys are willing to give. Thanks.

edit: Just a thought...but I can also put sos Regen on an armor - that would be a decent substitute to getting Regen in Yuna's grid. But I still don't know what to do with him after getting Steal + Use. Perhaps I can Use some items to help with healing and attack??? If I remember correctly, I can steal some Curtain-type items and use it for Shell or Protect or Reflect (Reflect won't help against them, I know that there Rages are non-reflectable...if its Shell or Protect, I can get around their physical attacks or magics another way...they have Mighty Guard available for learning - although you can only learn this when one of them are low on health. =/ )

*headassplodes* Too many options *rambles*
You only get one shot at life. Follow your heart.

Last edited by Phoenix Flame; 07-04-2009 at 09:52 AM.
Phoenix Flame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2009, 08:19 AM   #2

Phoenix Flame

Re: New Playthrough =}

I'm in the Calm Lands now - I must have powerleveled on the Bevelle bridge for about an hour (without Kimahri - he's holding-off Seymour, remember?)

Everyone's almost done with their section of the sphere grid, and Kimahri's already at the Level 3 lock by Holy...with several sphere levels to spare. He's actually my second strongest fighter - tied with Wakka behind Auron. All in all I liked how I went about this playthrough...as far as skill distribution went.

Tidus - At first I was going to get Provoke and then backtrack to Steal (which I did in a previous playthrough) - but I didn't like that idea so I just let him go through the grid normally, when I get through with the Ronso battle I'll open his Lvl. 3 lock by Quick Hit and go through Yuna's, stopping at Steal. Then go through Rikku's. I'll probably get him over to Wakka's and then Auron's in preparation for sphere grid maxing.

Lulu - Straight mage. This suited her best I think. After I unlock Doublecast and nab Flare, its off to Yuna's Holy and then up through her grid. A quick stop at Steal, then through Rikku's (because she's dreadfully slow - slower than Auron.) After completing Rikku's grid I'll Return Sphere her to Yuna's where I'll go as far as Hasteaga and then probably jump her to Kimahri's small portion in prep. for grid maxing.

Auron - His, Rikku's, Yuna's, Auto-life, then Tidus' and finally, Wakka's grids prior to grid maxing. Upon getting a second Skill sphere, I'll teach him mug.

Wakka - His, Auron's, Tidus', Rikku's...Kimahri's in prep. for grid maxing...I'm beginning to see a pattern here. I also taught him Mug via a Skill sphere (Al Bhed Home.)

Yuna - Her's, got Steal and a couple of attribute + sphere's in Rikku's area, then back on her's until Holy. Wait until Lu gets Doublecast, then I'll Friend over to her area while Lu Teleports to Yuna's. After I go most of the way through the heavy stuff in Lu's I'll go to Rikku's and then to Kimahri's and up into either Tidus' (probably), or Wakka's or something. Her Strength won't be very important until much later - during grid maxing.

Rikku - Easy... Her's, wait for Auron to get Entrust and then switch places with him - go through Auron's and into Wakka's, then into Kimahri's and - finally, Lu's after Ultima (pretty sure anyway.)

Kimahri - as outlined above.

I think this will be my pathways on any future playthrough as well. It creats a nice party flow through most of the beginning and mid-game through to sphere grid maxing. Auron, Tidus, Kimahri and Wakka handle whatever physical attacking I need to do - while Lu pwns with magic and Yuna is either tanking w/her Aeons or playing as 'Cleaning Lady' summoner. XD Its sweet. x 3

Last edited by Phoenix Flame; 07-08-2009 at 09:26 AM.
Old 10-02-2009, 12:00 PM   #3

rissole25
Highwind Captain

Is Rikku physical attacking?
rissole25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2009, 11:59 AM   #4

Phoenix Flame

Umm...well, no - not at the early portion of the game - she's too busy stealing. After a certain point though, everyone becomes a physical attacker anyway. I'd say that after you go through Auron's and Wakka's sections, she's good to go as an enforcer. Until then - you're better off attacking w/Tidus or, if you need the accuracy, Wakka.
Old 10-15-2009, 08:02 AM   #5

rissole25
Highwind Captain

I might try this strategy out. I like the new FF games but I sometimes wish they had the classes in them like FF1. It was great how each party member had there own special job.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rissole25 View Post
My 1000th post was about you Leon
rissole25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2009, 02:15 AM   #6

TherathxRikku
Super Moderator

Send a message via Skype™ to TherathxRikku

This kinda run through is a toughy, the Leroy Jenkins of FFX. I've found it best to try to complete Rikku's Grid as quick as humanly possible and immediately head for Tidus' or Auron's Grids, so you can have some decent defense and attack if you need it. :P 'Course, this is nothing short of obvious.

Quote:
Originally Posted by clief101_ View Post
You've dun alot for this forum and tried to keep it going as best as u can, and even though ur comp crashed ur still posting through ur PSP. That shows commitment to this site and thanx Therath!!

Stick around and watch this sight grow, become a veteran and then show the newbies how its dun!!
TherathxRikku is offline   Reply With Quote