Forums | RPG | Guild

Go Back   Final Fantasy Network > Final Fantasy Discussion > Final Fantasy X
Community Mark Forums Read

Final Fantasy X The FF that made the new generation graphics really take you back and go.... Wait, really?

Closed Thread

Old 07-07-2005, 03:20 AM   #1
bradmc
T-Rexuar Snack

HELP!!! Game is going over my head.

I beat down FFVII and FFVIII and got absolutely everything, but FFX leaves me wondering. I am at that Sanctuary Keeper and my characters all suck. They have like 3000 hp and for the past month Ive been reading stradegies to beat certain boses I am at that involve...Haste...Slow etc and I have No Idea when my lazy characters are going to reach those spells on that annoying grid....

On top of all of that I am reading about..Dark Matter..Celestial weapons....Dark Aeons...overdrives that do 999999 damage and something called a yamato (or something like that). I hear about a bribe ability and Rikku mixes that cause 20000 damage that consist of items I have never heard of I heard about something known as pestalance which involes all stats to be at 255 to beat???255????Arg and it has like 4 kabilliontrillion HP..I also hear that thses things may or may not be in my game??? I am soooo confused....AND I AM ALMOST FINISHED THE GAME!!!!!!.. what is seriously going on? Do I get a magic lightning bolt up by behind or something after I beat sin that makes me invinsible? Or do I have to designate a decade of my life to this cause????

Can anybody clue me into when these awsome rewards start to kick in...or what magical rock (or something) to look out for that might be liying on a path that turns me to god???wouldnt want to miss it.

CHEERS
Old 07-07-2005, 03:58 PM   #2

FFnut
Master Thief

Location: The space between dimensions... kinda like where Gilgamesh ends up in FF5.
Re: HELP!!! Game is going over my head.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bradmc
I beat FFVII and FFVIII and got absolutely everything, but FFX leaves me wondering. I am at the Sanctuary Keeper and my characters all suck. They have like 3000 hp and for the past month I've been reading strategies to beat certain bosses which I am at that involve spells such as Haste, Slow, etc. and I have no idea when my lazy characters are going to reach those spells on that annoying grid....

On top of all of that I am reading about things like Dark Matter, Celestial weapons, Dark Aeons, overdrives that do 99999 damage, and something called Zanmato. I heard about a Bribe ability and Rikku's mixes that cause 19998 damage that consist of items that I have never heard of. I heard about something known as Penance which involves all stats to be extremely high to beat. And it has twelve million HP. I also hear that these things may or may not be in my game... I am so confused... AND I AM ALMOST FINISHED WITH THE GAME! What is going on? Do I get a magic lightning bolt up my behind or something after I beat Sin that makes me invincible? Or do I have to designate a decade of my life to this cause?

Can anybody clue me into when these awesome rewards start to kick in, or a magical rock (or something) to look out for that might be lying on a path that turns me into a god? I wouldn't want to miss it.

CHEERS
There. Edited your post to make some semblance of sense.

First of all, if you don't have the International or PAL version, you're out of luck on Penance and the Dark Aeons. The celestial weapons are basically your characters' ultimate weapons, and you can't get those until you get the airship. Dark Matter is not required for almost anything. I don't think a single overdrive could possibly deal quintuple 9's without maxed stats and BDL, and Zanmato costs more gil than it's worth. Bribe is the one of the last abilities on Rikku's path on the grid, and Mixing two Underdog's Secrets gives you a Mix that deals precisely 19998 damage. Getting an Underdog's Secret? You get 99 by talking to Rin on the airship after completely learning Al Bhed and becoming an Al Bhed Sycdan.

Now, if you don't have Haste and you're up to the Sanctuary Keeper, you're seriously underpowered. I usually have at least Slow by Evrae (I know because my strategy involves using it) so you should have Hastega by now. Stop hiding behind your aeons and fight once in a while! Try levelling a bit if you're really that weak by now.

"Only an egotistical bastard would sig himself." ~ FFnut

That is not dead which can eternal lie
And with strange aeons even death may die.

Commander Of The Platinum Dragons

Official Ex-Member
Old 07-19-2005, 07:19 PM   #3
Dark_PsycherV28
T-Rexuar Snack

Hmm,i was always wandering around in FFnet since the day of FFVII,but reading this post made me sign up and write.Your HP aint bad,but for the rest it sounds seriously underpowered.Try rotating characters in a fight,even for one move;This way they will all get some AP at the end of the fight.Stay in an area and get some lvls.Well,if you want all 255's (except luck..150 is ok) you will require about 145 hours of gameplay.Well that's what's on my counter anyway.A good start would be starting to collect all monsters in the game.10 of each.Yup Yup.Try reading a good guide; you can see some tricks for fast ap gathering and such.

Btw,would it be possible to have 3000 hp and not have haste?
P.S: Try using rikku's All 9999 mix to get you past some bosses.Using this mix all your actions do 9999 points whether attack,healing,anything.These are all possible combos.
See if you can use any to get you as far as getting the airship.The rest is up to you.I recommend going back to the calm lands,getting capture weapons and starting to capture all monsters in the game,10 of each.Good huntin' !
Amulet + Blessed Gem
Amulet + Level 3 Key Sphere
Amulet + Level 4 Key Sphere
Amulet + Shining Gem

Dark Matter + Arctic Wind
Dark Matter + Bomb Core
Dark Matter + Dragon Scale
Dark Matter + Farplane Shadow
Dark Matter + Farplane Wind
Dark Matter + Lightning Marble
Dark Matter + Mana Tablet
Dark Matter + Mana Tonic
Dark Matter + Pendulum
Dark Matter + Stamina Tablet
Dark Matter + Stamina Tonic
Dark Matter + Twin Stars

Door to Tomorrow + Blessed Gem
Door to Tomorrow + Door to Tomorrow
Door to Tomorrow + Gambler's Spirit
Door to Tomorrow + Level 3 Key Sphere
Door to Tomorrow + Level 4 Key Sphere
Door to Tomorrow + Shining Gem
Door to Tomorrow + Underdog's Secret
Door to Tomorrow + Wings to Discovery
Door to Tomorrow + Winning Formula

Gambler's Spirit + Blessed Gem
Gambler's Spirit + Blessed Gem
Gambler's Spirit + Gambler's Spirit
Gambler's Spirit + Level 3 Key Sphere
Gambler's Spirit + Level 4 Key Sphere
Gambler's Spirit + Shining Gem

Master Sphere + Blessed Gem
Master Sphere + Shining Gem
Master Sphere + Supreme Gem

Pendulum + Blessed Gem
Pendulum + Level 3 Key Sphere
Pendulum + Level 4 Key Sphere
Pendulum + Shining Gem
Pendulum + Supreme Gem

Underdog's Secret + Blessed Gem
Underdog's Secret + Level 3 Key Sphere
Underdog's Secret + Level 4 Key Sphere
Underdog's Secret + Shining Gem

Warp Sphere + Blessed Gem
Warp Sphere + Shining Gem

Wings to Discovery + Blessed Gem
Wings to Discovery + Level 3 Key Sphere
Wings to Discovery + Level 4 Key Sphere
Wings to Discovery + Shining Gem
Wings to Discovery + Wings to Discovery

Winning Formula + Blessed Gem
Winning Formula + Level 3 Key Sphere
Winning Formula + Level 4 Key Sphere
Winning Formula + Shining Gem
Old 07-19-2005, 07:37 PM   #4

FFnut
Master Thief

Location: The space between dimensions... kinda like where Gilgamesh ends up in FF5.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark_PsycherV28
Btw,would it be possible to have 3000 hp and not have haste?
...Unless Tidus started with 3000 HP, then no. Tidus's slots up to Haste (including his beginning blank slot) are as follows:

Blank, blank, Cheer, Def+1, Str+1, Flee, Agl+1, Acc+1, blank, MP+20, Str+1, Haste.

His entire path up to Hastega only has HP+1800, so unless his Tidus started with 1200 HP he should have Hastega by now too...

"Only an egotistical bastard would sig himself." ~ FFnut

That is not dead which can eternal lie
And with strange aeons even death may die.

Commander Of The Platinum Dragons

Official Ex-Member
Old 07-19-2005, 07:40 PM   #5
Dark_PsycherV28
T-Rexuar Snack

Weird.I would blame it on the shortage of ability spheres in the beginning of the game.I always had a problem with that,so i always got the skill which makes ability spheres drop
Old 09-28-2005, 02:06 AM   #6

Totorosama
Highwind Pilot

Send a message via AIM to Totorosama

You know, it's real simple: START TRAINING LIKE HECK!!!RUN LIKE A CHICKEN! FIGHT!!!Sorry for the outburst, but it's just so fun...
Old 11-04-2005, 01:22 PM   #7
水草Cloud
T-Rexuar Snack

It's very hard to get DARK MATTERS .
Old 12-28-2005, 04:16 PM   #8

Phoenix Flame
Go Umbarbar do my bidding

Send a message via MSN to Phoenix Flame

The hands-down easiest way to level up in X is to get a weapon W/overdrive = AP ability on it, then fight either cactuars or the Cactuar King to get an unbelievable amount of AP. (I think I go up about 50 spere levels when I fight that fiend.)
Old 11-03-2006, 03:26 PM   #9

dappa
Master Summoner

I usually spend between half an hour to an hour in every new location, fighting the enemies in the area to gain a few stats and abilities. Do that and you should progress through the game with no probs.
Old 11-10-2006, 12:34 AM   #10
blukazoo159
Moogle Farmer

my advise is to TRAIN TRAIN TRAIN!!!!!!!!!!!
HOW CAN U PASS UP HASTE????!!! HOW DID U GET THAT FAR ON 3000+ HP AND NO HASTE ANYWAY!!!!!!??????
sry for the out burst but........ITS TRUE!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Last edited by reasoniamalive; 06-11-2007 at 04:42 AM.
Old 11-10-2006, 04:41 AM   #11

Xartex
Gunblade Expert

Send a message via ICQ to Xartex Send a message via MSN to Xartex

geez, calm down, my first playthrough I had about 5k HP (did not have more anyway)on the last boss, and found him really hard at that time, think I wiped against him like 2 times. Not every1 likes to just fight all the time. I just play through the game in a ok time. And it is possible to have 3k hp there, I dount I had more than 4k
Old 06-11-2007, 04:42 AM   #12

Phoenix Flame
Go Umbarbar do my bidding

Send a message via MSN to Phoenix Flame

I don't see a point in keeping this open...one post and he left anyway.

**Closed**
You only get one shot at life. Follow your heart.
Closed Thread