Forums | RPG | Guild

Go Back   Final Fantasy Network > Final Fantasy Discussion > Final Fantasy VI
Community Mark Forums Read

Final Fantasy VI Talk here about the great classic here - FF 6

Old 10-19-2007, 03:21 AM   #1

Koby_Fish
T-Rexuar Snack

Cheaping Intangir

Now, long ago, before I knew the Vanish-doom trick, I had a heck of a time figuring out how to beat Intangir. What I started out doing was using Demi to whittle down the monster's HP. Unfortunately this was very costly and the Meteo counter tended to hit all my characters (random misses among them, but they were definitely all targeted). This is how I started to figure out the vanish-doom trick on my own, when one day I was fed up and just thought, what would happen if I cast Doom? I did so and it not only killed the Intangir, the meteo counter only hit the caster of Doom.

But there's far more to beating Intangir than this, especially since I hear that the Doom trick will not work on Advance. In such a case I'd advocate returning to the Demi strategy, but with a slight difference:

Take Gau with you. Make sure he knows the Rhinox rage. When you find Intangir, put Gau in Rhinox rage and wait until he casts Life3 on everyone. Then have someone cast Demi. Then have everyone heal back up, wait for more Life3 castage, lather rinse repeat. It's a lot more work but it will definitely suffice.
Koby_Fish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2009, 05:53 AM   #2
william1900
T-Rexuar Snack

Re: Cheaping Intangir

Meteor and ultima - these two spells are intended to be learned in the second world, but I get them here in the first world through hours of leveling at a cave near Thamasa. Celes gets meteor at level 98 and Terra gets ultima at level 99. Other spells are gained beforehand such as pearl (isn't this supposed to be "holy"?), flare (Celes only - at level 81), quartr (Terra only - at level 75), merton (Terra only - at level 86; useless since it targets everything), and a few others. It takes over a dozen total hours to do this at the 180,000 EXP/hour rate (compare the time and gil to my previous "meteor in the first world" video). It's a lame leveling ground - I can watch TV or solve Sudoku puzzles while waiting for things to occur (loading, the attack to take effect, etc.)

Last edited by Shaggy; 07-21-2009 at 05:55 AM.
william1900 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2011, 04:43 AM   #3
abyler
T-Rexuar Snack

Re: Cheaping Intangir

This is how I started to figure out the vanish-doom trick on my own, when one day I was fed up and just thought, what would happen if I cast Doom? I did so and it not only killed the Intangir, the meteo counter only hit the caster of Doom.
abyler is offline   Reply With Quote