Forums | RPG | Guild

Go Back   Final Fantasy Network > General > Serious Discussion and Debates
Community Mark Forums Read

Serious Discussion and Debates For serious subjects. Curent events, news, religion, politics and science. As this is a debate forum posts in here MUST HAVE at least 20 words and be relevent to the discussion.

Old 02-08-2007, 09:02 PM   #31

Hydra
3, 2, 1, Let's Jam

Send a message via MSN to Hydra Send a message via Yahoo to Hydra
Re: My Philosophy

She makes a great point, but I noticed on the whole second page, only a select handful of you are over the age of eighteen.

Love doesn't conquer all. It only reinforces your thoughts, and you believe it does. Truth is belief, because you don't know any better, and that's why you all have biased opinions, and agree with each other. Your mind thinks that way, so you believe it's true.

You guys don't know nearly what love can mean. A lot of the time, young people mistake infatuation with love. And when you make that mistake, you see heartbreak and break-ups. That's why younguns are so depressed all the time. Their other dumped them, and they "loved" him/her so much.

They didn't love her, essentially. They were infatuated with her. They liked the idea of being with her, and grew so attached to her, they were heartbroken when it was over. That's infatuation. The need to love someone, and see through love blindly to have it.

Love, on the other hand, is an incredible feeling. Your other gets your spirits up in any and everything you do, and you can't feel bad with them. It sounds corny, don't it? XD But it's true. I've felt this. Either that, or it's a BIG case of infatuation.

That's why I say independence leads to breakdowns, and breakups if you're in a relationship. If you do everything yourself, what use is a lover? You can do everything yourself if you're independent. That's why adults long for their childhood, and independent people wish to change what they were. It breaks you mentally and physically. You've got to rely on someone else's help, no matter what the problem.

So, the world may suck, but it can suck with a special person in your life. That special person can spice up your life, if not for a moment, and moments are all you have in life. If you try to face life alone, that's why it sucks so much. You're too simple minded to rely on another, and since you're independent, your simple mindedness and false reason is all you know.

*cough*

...Yeah.. =D

I'm only twenty, so I'm learning too. XD
Old 02-08-2007, 09:10 PM   #32

Axel
-The Free Thinker-

I agree with Hydra, the love I was talking about was the love of our fellow man, not high school crushes.
Old 02-09-2007, 06:02 PM   #33

Doctor
Highwind Captain

Send a message via AIM to Doctor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jhimian
I agree with Hydra, the love I was talking about was the love of our fellow man, not high school crushes.
Mm...I know. Perhaps you DID give me the wrong impression, but I honestly thought that I was talking about just the feeling love; in a very sort of undecided way. But that's just because of what Hydra said; "Love doesn't conquer all. It only reinforces your thoughts." And I trust that. Everything we say or do is based on opinions, and everything I have said, was actually an opinion. Those words were the exact thoughts running through my mind as I was typing them, and I had expected some people to agree with me, and some to, perhaps, disagree.

As for relationships, yes, what we think is love for another person could actually be just a big infatuation. But no one really knows that it's an "infatuation" at the time, not until it's over with. So you can't blame people for thinking that their total fascination with someone is real love. XP